pit bulls maul owner to death

_Snake_

Established Member
Odd. No mention of her age or how much she weighed, considering they “estimated the dogs weighed as much as her.”

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
another article has the Sheriff stating they were trained to fight, he could just be talking out of his ass, or there really is more to this story. They did not really elaborate much on the trained to fight comment.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/37074361/womans-body-found-in-the-woods-in-goochland

EDIT: I am going to go with Sheriff talking out of his ass on the 'trained to fight' comment...found more pics of her and those dogs, they don't have clipped/cropped ears etc and see no real signs they were used to fight. She really seems to love these dogs and doesn't fit the profile of someone raising/training them to fight.

12105989_438317306353393_6511247271485731268_n.jpg
16265760_614518405399948_874193650876613457_n.jpg
19875596_693035264214928_3381828265633126451_n.jpg
11885322_420515598133564_5817205606659354704_n.jpg

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The Chow Chow is more likely to bite someone then a Pit.

the problem with the Pit Bull is that they have very large litters and many of the pups go unplaced and become strays that ppl adopt at the pound or the ghetto people who shouldn't own a hamster let alone a dog own them and either fight them or mistreat them and as a result many of the Pits go into bad environments.

the amount of irresponsible people owning pits is probably 10X higher then any other breed so when a (2) legged animal owns a (4) legged animal its often hard to decipher which is the real animal.

many of them are trained to fight yes. but Pits in general are aggressive towards other dogs not people. Law Enforcement would never use them cause their just not all that people aggressive.

a well raised Pit like a well raised child well almost always turn out good. its the owner that is the real issue not the breed. but even the best conditions possible just like humans they can turn out bad but the breed itself is wonderful!

Last edited:

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I had a pit bull or pit mix when I was in elementary school. I found him when helping a friend with his paper route. He was a great dog and so nice. Never once did I see him growl and anyone or anything.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
looking at these dogs its pretty obvious they were mixed, not pure bred...I am also wondering if they encountered and were attacked by coyotes or stray dogs out in those woods, all out fight. If they turned on her and killed her, why would they stay and guard her body like they were waiting for something to comeback?

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I would put money on my old Husky being able to murder me in my sleep if she wanted. She was absolutely terrifying but loved me and maybe two other people. But I'd feel bad for anything in the path if she ever lived to join a pack. I've never heard so many people say they have never been more terrified of a single dog than her lol.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Cut the political shit.
And with that said, It is known that many more breeds attack/bite more often than pits. I firmly believe though that pits are more relentless when they do and that often ends on severe wounds and/or death.
Years ago they talked about bite force/clamping.
Don't know why their damage is so much more severe but it is.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Something is definitely missing/odd with this story. They wouldn’t maul her to death then stay and guard her body.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I trust and love my American pit bull terrier. The dogs have massive strong heads and when the bite they shake their head and body violently. That’s why they inflict so much damage.
93a16824984b0967619e80eab985b651.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Edit. Pure bred American pit bull terriers are not large dogs and males usually weigh 35-65 pounds or so.
When the article states the dogs weighed as much as her then they can’t be American pit bull terriers. My dog weighs 40 pounds.
Maybe these dogs were American bullies that are often confused with apbt’s.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would agree that a Pit can be relentless and hurt some body really badly. but the Pit bite force isn't anymore then a German Sheppards or dozens of other breeds.

they tend to shake violently tho and their light weight but thats how they kill other dogs but yes when doing so they do cause severe damage no doubt.

there is about 40 deaths each year by dogs and half of them are pits. not a good statistic for pits accounting for 50% of the deaths and the other half being mixed with many different breeds.

just really goes to show how dangerous the dog is in the wrong hands and how many unresponsible owners are out there. in the right hands their very loyal and clear headed usually.

Cut the political shit.
And with that said, It is known that many more breeds attack/bite more often than pits. I firmly believe though that pits are more relentless when they do and that often ends on severe wounds and/or death.
Years ago they talked about bite force/clamping.
Don't know why their damage is so much more severe but it is.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
I would agree that a Pit can be relentless and hurt some body really badly. but the Pit bite force isn't anymore then a German Sheppards or dozens of other breeds.

they tend to shake violently tho and their light weight but thats how they kill other dogs but yes when doing so they do cause severe damage no doubt.

there is about 40 deaths each year by dogs and half of them are pits. not a good statistic for pits accounting for 50% of the deaths and the other half being mixed with many different breeds.

just really goes to show how dangerous the dog is in the wrong hands and how many unresponsible owners are out there. in the right hands their very loyal and clear headed usually.
I remembered reading that there are about 9 breeds of dogs with stronger bite force. It’s just that apbt’s are relentless and never give up. They are more “game”.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I remembered reading that there are about 9 breeds of dogs with stronger bite force. It’s just that apbt’s are relentless and never give up. They are more “game”.
They become mindless in a way it seems. They act more on instincts and stick to instincts vs the commands we build into them. That's the only difference I have really seen.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
They become mindless in a way it seems. They act more on instincts and stick to instincts vs the commands we build into them. That's the only difference I have really seen.

For my dog I could not see her bite a human but I could never bring another dog into our home. She would destroy it in seconds.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
For my dog I could not see her bite a human but I could never bring another dog into our home. She would destroy it in seconds.
I've seen dogs fight. My husky and my friend's large Malamute used to go rounds with each other, but you grab them or yell at them and they give up because they fear you more. Pits are the only dogs I have seen get locked up and refuse to give up. They fight to the death if you can't get them apart.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
I've seen dogs fight. My husky and my friend's large Malamute used to go rounds with each other, but you grab them or yell at them and they give up because they fear you more. Pits are the only dogs I have seen get locked up and refuse to give up. They fight to the death if you can't get them apart.

The only way to separate pit bulls in a fight is with a break stick and even then it’s no easy task.

I only know this stuff from research. I would never fight dogs and despise those that do.

Users who are viewing this thread