pit bulls maul owner to death

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Mike looks like he could scare the beejezzis out of a mailman or a creeper.

The one and only story I have ever actually heard about Mike is that he would follow the family to church on Sundays. They were within walking distance in downtown Charleston SC, so he'd walk in with them and sit at their feet. One particular Sunday the family was sick and didn't attend services...but Mike did.

The story goes that as Mike ambled up the aisle by himself headed to the family's usual pew, the preacher acknowledged him from the pulpit by pausing whatever he was in the middle of and said, "...and representing the Jenkins family today is Mike the dog."

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Here to add fuel to the fire. One of the owners of my shop is watching his friends pit for a month while he is away. I've known the dog since he was a pup but I personally don't like him and not many people do; he's just annoying. He is well behaved, but since being in our office he has started growling at people trying to come through the front door. Since I can't have that and I don't want him here anyways I put him in the back and shut the door. The owner let him out again when he got back so he was in the front office but out of sight from me and I didn't realize he was out. Dodge delivery driver walks in and he comes out and runs and lunges at her while growling. WTF?!! I shot out of my chair threw a hard open hand across his snout which did absolutely nothing. I snatched up his collar and it was like trying to move a boulder. But if he would have got a hold of her arm it would have been hell trying to get him off her. I put him in the back and he is not coming here again. This happened just a bit ago.

gta roger

Established Member
I've owned and trained dogs for 45 years. My mother got a female staffordshire pit. She was great with people but not with animals. After she trued 3 years old she seemed to start changing. One afternoon she went after my mom. A few weeks later she bit my stepfather on the hand.It was not a severe bit. But it left two holes in his hand. They placed her in a home with a good friend of my stepfather. About a month later she bit the owner on the hand. This time it was a serous bit. It damaged his hand to the point where he received 39 stiches. I have several friends who own pits and have had nothing but great things to say about their dogs. It seems that when a pit has a bad day, it will be a very bad day for whom it's with. They don't seen to respond to command once they get started.Some of the owners of pits I've met seem to be very proud of the fact that their dog comes from a blood line of fighting dogs.I believe if all the owners of pits would breed only calm ,non aggressive dogs there would be a great dog to be had. But you do have to remember that these dogs were breed to fight.I've seen the same thing done to the germanshepard. You have a real hard time finding GSD that has the traits the the early GSD had. Roger

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Every time there is a Pit bull attack, the defenders of the breed say it is the owner, not the dog's fault.

So why don't we have strict regulations and requirements that must be met in order to be a legally registered pit bull owner?

Anyone who is not a legally registered pit bull owner would face mandatory jail time and fines if they are caught with a pit bull in their possession.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Every time there is a Pit bull attack, the defenders of the breed say it is the owner, not the dog's fault.

So why don't we have strict regulations and requirements that must be met in order to be a legally registered pit bull owner?

Anyone who is not a legally registered pit bull owner would face mandatory jail time and fines if they are caught with a pit bull in their possession.

Same could be said about people raising kids.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I'm glad they updated the article. Pitbull owners rushed in like assholes making excuses. They're like the BLM of dog ownership.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I'm glad they updated the article. Pitbull owners rushed in like assholes making excuses. They're like the BLM of dog ownership.
I will always defend the breed but never the owners. Are there bad “pitbulls”?
You bet.

If that makes me an asshole then guilty as charged.

Zemedici

Established Member
Here to add fuel to the fire. One of the owners of my shop is watching his friends pit for a month while he is away. I've known the dog since he was a pup but I personally don't like him and not many people do; he's just annoying. He is well behaved, but since being in our office he has started growling at people trying to come through the front door. Since I can't have that and I don't want him here anyways I put him in the back and shut the door. The owner let him out again when he got back so he was in the front office but out of sight from me and I didn't realize he was out. Dodge delivery driver walks in and he comes out and runs and lunges at her while growling. WTF?!! I shot out of my chair threw a hard open hand across his snout which did absolutely nothing. I snatched up his collar and it was like trying to move a boulder. But if he would have got a hold of her arm it would have been hell trying to get him off her. I put him in the back and he is not coming here again. This happened just a bit ago.

jesus bro

We've got 2 boxers at the shop, and about 3 months ago they got into a dominance fight. Well, after about 15 seconds the started actually fighting, I and about 4 other coworkers were standing there. I looked around and go 'does ANYONE know how to break up a dog fight?'

to which no one responded.....

So me and my boss's girlfriend had to break up the fight. One of my guys tried to grab his mouth to pull him apart. Some things should just be common sense.....

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
jesus bro

We've got 2 boxers at the shop, and about 3 months ago they got into a dominance fight. Well, after about 15 seconds the started actually fighting, I and about 4 other coworkers were standing there. I looked around and go 'does ANYONE know how to break up a dog fight?'

to which no one responded.....

So me and my boss's girlfriend had to break up the fight. One of my guys tried to grab his mouth to pull him apart. Some things should just be common sense.....
Country boy trick for fighting dogs, grab their rear legs and raise them as high as you can. They lose traction, and the fight isn't priority anymore.

Neck time your guy should stick his head in their mouths, save all you some time, lol.

Breaking up Corso's is all kinds of fun. Buddy and I both have one (96lbs and 108lbs), and they're getting better, but there's been a few fights since neither would back down (mine tends to instigate being her house). Helps we aren't small, but it's still a bitch to grab them and pull them apart when they're amped up. Oddly enough he and I get hurt (sprained knee, pulled back muscle, etc) but they both remain blood free.

gta roger

Established Member
That's also a great idea...
Most people don't look at the parents of the puppies that they want to buy. The parents of the pups temperament is a good indication of what the pups are going to be like.Also line breeding causes a lot of problems , not only physically but you can get some really screwy dogs from it.The pit was cross breed to be for a purpose .The german shepherd was breed for certain job.The GSD is not noted for being aggressive, they were breed to be protective.The pit was cross breed with the terrier and several large breeds of dog.The terrier is well known for their fearlessness and the tenacity,the other part of their blood line is know for their strength and aggression.I think that is the real reason we have so many problems with this breed. I do believe that if the breeders would breed only calm tempered ,non-aggressive dogs that the end results would be a smart,easy going,strong healthy dog.I do believe it is the owners fault that we keep getting dog that cause problems.The Russians breed wild foxs to the point that they are sweet ,lovable pets.If you can do that with a wild animal, you damn sure can do it with a domestic dog.There are way to many people breeding these dogs to be aggressive and to fight.Roger

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
They rush in because if they don't people might make breed specific legislation. Look at some other countries where pitbulls have been seized and euthanized. That is some bull when someone is going to seize a happy, healthy, friendly dog who is viewed as part of the family because someone else has a poor perception of the breed.
If we did that with people... of wait, we did.

English Bull Terriers are also from the same bull and terrier bloodlines and have a totally different temperament. Mostly because there is a huge difference in the types of people who raise them.

Users who are viewing this thread