pit bulls maul owner to death

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Exactly,
I personally do not like them either but it has a lot to do with the people in my area who own them.
With that said, there are too many stories like this.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ziggity

Established Member
Although I haven't had any bad experiences with them I don't trust them around myself or my dog, if they are around im super cautious.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Yes their reputation precedes themselves.

The apbt used to be referred to as “the nanny dog”.

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/The-Pit-Bull-Dog-Once-Knows-as-the-Nanny-Dog-What-Happened

https://www.alternet.org/civil-libe...t-nanny-dogs-children-until-media-turned-them

Also the apbt is the most decorated military dog.

http://dogtime.com/dog-health/general/10959-five-war-dogs-for-memorial-day

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._s_army_s_original_and_still_most_highly.html

http://amhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/collection/object.asp?ID=15

Sergeant_Stubby.jpg

I’m just trying to educate on the most misunderstood breed of dog.
Hate the dog and hate me for loving the breed. Zero ****s given.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
But they're all soooo nice! So loveable. So cuddly. It's the owners that turn them... Gimmie a break...

You do realize that Pit Bulls and Rottweilers were considered nanny dogs. That is until shitheads got ahold of them and destroyed their reputation. A little education goes a long way in fighting ignorance.

ziggity

Established Member
I know of incidents just locally with responsible owners, not to mention all the stories that ya read. Ticking time bombs as far as im concerned.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I had a bad experience with one about 10 years ago when I was walking my dog and a Pitbull attacked her. I managed to get him off but I'm always wary when I see them, but I don't condemn the whole breed.

As for this story I think it should be easy to know if her dogs killed her. Wouldn't her blood be all around the dogs mouths?

nfamous

Established Member
Apbt and American bullies are people dogs they love humans not saying they are not over protective of the owners and my bullies don't care for coyote's very much I also live in the woods but if a person was attacked by a coyote or pack and her dogs came to help if the owner tried to intervene even her own loving dogs would attack her when dogs are fighting they do not care and you could be seen as trying to get into the fight and yes those are pits she had not bullies either way would not matter. It's not the breed it's pack mentality

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I bet not one of you all condemning the breed has any experience or background in veterinary medicine.

The problem is the media and you sheep take the word of the victim as to what breed attacked them knowing that these idiots probably could not positively ID a pit from similar looking breeds. There is zero investigation as to what breed actually bites a person, other than their mongoloid word.

I wonder how many people blame pits because the sheep would never question it. Yet, talk to actual experts and the story about breeds change. I’ve been bitten three times in my life and not once by any pit. Almost twenty years in veterinary medicine and my wife has yet to have an issue with a pit.

It is amazing how many sheep will question everything the media tells them unless it is that a pit bit somebody.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
So wait, people who don't like pits, read articles about pit attacks, listen to the media are uneducated about them because people who like them, own them, read articles about them being nanny dogs are educated?

Maybe there are sheep on both sides then.
Maybe y'all could go read the stat that 1/2 of dog deaths are pits and get educated too?

Like I said, they attack no more often than other breeds but we all know that when they do it is most times worse than other breeds.
Can you not educate yourself on that fact?

We all know that any breed can be trained to do both good and bad things also.
And sometimes the fact of just being a dog can still overcome training.

My GSDs were never trained to hate cats. They've been in the same household since they were brought home.
My male would still eat a cat if it came in his fenced yard. Outside the fence he did' care for them but would not attack.
2 dogs, same training, same surroundings.
My female on the other hand,
17568e3073da09c2fbd6d6d87fb235ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Barry, my point is that if I accuse your dog of biting me the word will be taken as fact so long as a bite is present that is indicative of a dog around your dog's size. No impressions will be made, no real investigation, just my word.

I bet half the reports or more about pit bull attacks are BS due to a lack of proper identification.

I am not stating that all the attacks are lies. I am saying that I believe people either cannot properly identify one or they are covering for a pet that they do not want put down.

My wife said that the majority of bites they see are small dogs and huskies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
And that may be so with local attacks, etc...
When it comes to a death mauling I would think vets, and law enforcement would positive ID the pup.

Users who are viewing this thread