perhaps my greatest mod... (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigscott

Established Member
Dude,
That is a very dangerous "thing" you have built. Please do yourself a favor and dismantle it ASAP before you hurt yourself. Sitting indain stye working under a car is not only un-comfortable it looks funny.

:nonono:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
its cool but I agree with Dana, it should have some triangulation....on the sides too

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Bigscott
Dude,
That is a very dangerous "thing" you have built. Please do yourself a favor and dismantle it ASAP before you hurt yourself. Sitting indain stye working under a car is not only un-comfortable it looks funny.

:nonono:

You sound like someone that's never worked on a car before. Try installing a solid axle on jackstands, installing subframes on cinderblocks, changing your oil on rhino ramps, installing a HE on rhino ramps. I'll take indean style under that ramp anyday. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by JB
its cool but I agree with Dana, it should have some triangulation....on the sides too

the plywood on the sides provides prently of side support.

LightningWolf

Established Member
Only in Hingham

Only in hingham, would someone be that crazy to build something like that, looks like something my friend from Hingham would build.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Re: Only in Hingham

Originally posted by LightningWolf
Only in hingham, would someone be that crazy to build something like that, looks like something my friend from Hingham would build.

:lol: Who is your friend, maybe I know him. Small down of creative geniuses we have here.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I have a few questions for all of you nay sayers.

Do you think it has enough..

a) vertical support?
b) side to side support?
c) front to back support?

AND

d) are you afraid it's going to fall off?
e) would you work under a car with jackstands?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I can't even do anything in my driveway, due to the homeowner association rules. Never were in place when I bought the house, now they are. I have already been fined 3 times, but refuse to pay. They say I must close my garage door unless driving in or out. Project looks great, If my garage ceiling was higher, Id build one inside. May be a ceiling renovaion in the near future.

vipergts281

Established Member
Some of you guys crack me up. I think it is very obvious that bassin247 is a smart guy. I'm sure he checked, rechecked, and checked again to make sure it is strong enough and does not wobble. I know some of you are just looking out for his safety. But I think he has already done that.

I say good job bassin247. :beer:

anthleep

Established Member
Hello. first time on this site.
I got a big problem with my 04 lightning.
I ordered a kit from JDM including a chip,air intake, and lower 4lb pully. Put it on and took it for a hard 4 mile run. I somehow blew a hose right off of the engine that I'm not sure even what the hell it did. smelled like intercooler fluid. put it back on and tried to drive it. It heated up after a quarter of a mile and the check engine and oil temp lights came on. Am I screwed? did the kit void my warrenty and is the supercharger supposed to go way over 10 psi of boost with this pully? someone with greater knowledge about this thing please help me out. PLEASE!

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by anthleep
I ordered a kit from JDM including a chip,air intake, and lower 4lb pully. Put it on and took it for a hard 4 mile run. I somehow blew a hose right off of the engine that I'm not sure even what the hell it did. smelled like intercooler fluid. put it back on and tried to drive it. It heated up after a quarter of a mile and the check engine and oil temp lights came on. Am I screwed? did the kit void my warrenty and is the supercharger supposed to go way over 10 psi of boost with this pully? someone with greater knowledge about this thing please help me out. PLEASE!
:lol: Hit the wrong button did we?

:beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by anthleep

You should of hit "new thread" instead or "reply" and posted it in the Lightning forum. I'm sure you will get more attention that way!

alexZ06

Established Member
safety%201st.jpg

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
That's the only thing I hate about Florida. I have ons of family down there and a few of them live in "gated communties" where you have to "follow rules". I hate folowing rules especially when it's my damn house.

You would also hate the rain we get everyday in th summer.
:cryying:

01vert

Established Member
Nice work,

Triangulating supports down the length should not be needed as the plywood if of decent thickness fills the bill. A triangular brace at one end to the other ramp would help if any lateral force was put on the ramps. With the height of these I don't believe this is any more dangerous than getting under a car that is on ramps from wally world or on jackstands bought at the local bargain outlet. Plus, jackstands have a lot less of a footprint and people seem comfortable getting under four of them holding a car up by about 20 square inches of contact patch.

On a side note

Careful about not paying the fines, some communities have a way of seizing your house and selling it at auction to pay the fines and this is perfectly legal. There was a TV show about it a few months ago where the lawyer who does this work buys the houses at auction and makes a killing either reselling to the original owner or selling outright.

Sounds nuts, but its the truth, they showed a couple who lost their house over a debt of less than $1000 originally.

Last edited:

Bigscott

Established Member
You sound like someone that's never worked on a car before.

Dude, HTF could you come to that conclusion with the statment I posted is beyond me. Please enlighten me why you feel I never worked on a car before with what I posted??!!??

That is a very dangerous "thing" you have built.
("Thing" meaning I would not call that a lift of any sort!)

Please do yourself a favor and dismantle it ASAP before you hurt yourself.
(Just looking out for you saftey dude. Show me one wood lift that is being sold to the public)

Sitting indain stye working under a car is not only un-comfortable it looks funny. (True or not??)

I still do not see where I come accross like I have never worked on cars??

ENG_Pside.jpg

Any idea of much fabrication went into this setup?

Kooks_Drv_side.jpg

Dude, I pulled this motor alone with one hand (the other was broken and in a cast).

V_tube4.jpg

SVO_plain_under.jpg

After_fittings.jpg

Insane T-Trim setup I'm working on now might be a clue that I've changed a tire or two??

Do you think it has enough..

a) vertical support? Dude, it's made of wood!
b) side to side support? Still made of wood!
c) front to back support? WHO CARES IT"S MADE OF FREAKING WOOD!!!!!!!

AND

d) are you afraid it's going to fall off? I'd be afriad that it would crumble
e) would you work under a car with jackstands?
Lift's when I can and at home I use very stout jack stands...

Now my question to you...Ever see a dead guy under a car before?? I have, Not a pretty sight when the head explodes like a pumpkin... All I was trying to do was help you to NOT be that guy and you have the balls to dis my skills when you have no clue what they are!

"You sound like someone that's never worked on a car before"
That sir, is one of the worst things you could say to a car guy so I bid you good day and please do not breed. :loser:

-Scott

edit, I showed your "lift" to my buddy who is a Master Carpenter, he told me you were a "kook" but had a nice car.

And another thing... It's "Indian" not "indean".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread