perhaps my greatest mod... (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
It's only ghetto or redneck to people that do not work on their own car AND not have access to a lift.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by The Orphaner
Hmmmm I dunno. Thats not ghetto, thats REDNECK!! Where's the washing machine and chickens running around? Damn. I hope this doesnt make it up on Z06.com....LOL. We will never hear the end of it!:eek:
Let them say what they will. At least he built it himself and he works on his own car.

Bassin247...I think it needs a good stealth paint job...then you can say you paid $2,000 for it and all the vette owners will be impressed.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Let them say what they will. At least he built it himself and he works on his own car.

Bassin247...I think it needs a good stealth paint job...then you can say you paid $2,000 for it and all the vette owners will be impressed.

:lol: That wouldn't impress them. I would have to send my car to some shop that charges 4000/hour with a min of 500 hours per job to impress them.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
:lol: That wouldn't impress them. I would have to send my car to some shop that charges 4000/hour with a min of 500 hours per job to impress them.
Ok...20,000 then...and sell them a couple. :p
btw...your pm box is full :bash:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Nice job.
That should hold anything!
One suggestion though, you should consider crossbraces in the front, at least. It would add a lot of side to side rigidity.

f8be0c60.jpg

Again, nice work.

Dana

Last edited:

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat

I was a Ford Master Tech for 8 years prior to my current job. So I work on all my own stuff. And yes have access to several lifts, alignment racks, etc. But I am more concerned with his safety than the looks of it. Like Hissman said, it looks like its gonna be out in the elements and rain/snow will do it no good. But I gotta hand it to ya Bassin' you did good.:thumbsup: Just be careful.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
Or....You could dig a large hole and drive the car over it-LOL

A friend of mine had a 8 car garage built on his farm and did just that. He had concrete poured for floor and walls and built steps and it works great.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I was a Ford Master Tech for 8 years prior to my current job. So I work on all my own stuff.
Don't ya love the internet? That comment wasn't directed at you...it was in response to the vette forums comment. Most (not all) Vette guys wouldn't be seen wrenching a ZO6 in their driveway.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
You talking to me? LOL. Yeah, its hard to tell who your talking to.:beer: Thats true, I put the Procharger and Lingenfelter heads/intake on my Brother-in-laws Vette for him. He is completely clueless to mechanic's:lol:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice job Mike! Now all you need to do is wire in an outlet and some lighting and you're good to go. :)

Black306

Established Member
I think that is a sweet idea. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Only significant difference I would do is make the center section under the car removable once the car was up in the air.

Example:
attachment.php

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Nice job.
That should hold anything!
One suggestion though, you should consider crossbraces in the front, at least. It would add a lot of side to side rigidity.

f8be0c60.jpg

Again, nice work.

Dana

I thought about a cross brace, but it will make getting in and out very difficult. I'm happy with the way it holds the car up. When it was on the lift I tried rocking it back and forth and it wouldn't budge. Thanks for the advice though.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Like Hissman said, it looks like its gonna be out in the elements and rain/snow will do it no good. But I gotta hand it to ya Bassin' you did good.:thumbsup: Just be careful.

For the most part it won't be in the elements. It dissembles into 4 parts that fit in my basement. It might see a little rain if it's out for a day or two, but I am not too concerned. It will only be out when I am modding or repairing.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I want to hear more on the side note, what did you do to the trans?

It's stuck in 4th. The clutch is working but it will not come out of 4th. Something is definately broken inside. It's at my friend shop now and dissasembly starts on Monday. Time to learn how to rebuild a t56. yippie! This sucks because I might not have my car together in time for the next saturday test and tune. :(

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Black306
I think that is a sweet idea. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Only significant difference I would do is make the center section under the car removable once the car was up in the air.

Example:
attachment.php

I put the wood there to prevent any type of rock back and forth presented when the car is initially pushed onto the lift. Maybe you can remove it but I am content with leaving it where it is.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
hey you better get that thing fixed before next week!!! I want to see how bad you'll smoke me again!!!:rolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread