(10) 2x10x12s
(4) 4x4x8s
(2) 4x8 sheets of plywood
(12) 1/2 13 x 6'' bolts
(2) 1/2 13 x 4'' bolts
(28) 1/2 fender washers
(14) 1/2 lock washers
(14) 1/2 nuts
200-300 3'' screws. (not sure how many because I already had them).

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by vipergts281
Pretty neat. I'd just be afraid I'd drive off of it.

I only go off and on it with someone guiding me. As long as you pull up to the ramps and keep the wheels strait it is easy.

The ramps are VERY sturdy. It doesn't sway back and forth. I have 3 4x4 braces that connect the ramps. I'm probably going to remove 1 so I have 1 on each side making it really easy to get in and out of.

There is enought room to sit indean style abd work on the tranny, clutch, rearend or whatever.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
That is just bada** dude........nice construction job........you should be a carpenter....lol.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I'm on my way over when MJ's brace comes in. On a side note did you do your own clutch install? If not where did you have it done?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I'm on my way over when MJ's brace comes in. On a side note did you do your own clutch install? If not where did you have it done?

I did it with a friend. It was a peice of cake.

4000 posts! wooo

Last edited:

z06matt

I 1 Racing
Established Member
Awesome man! :beer: That's sweet... and alot better then using the jackstands! In my 88 Mustang my friend Chris and I were under it and it started slidding backwards... and yeah that sucked needless to say and we about shit in our pants:lol:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Your work looks very professional! I would think about some triangular braces inside the sides to prevent the upright legs from slipping forward or backward and collapsing. The screws are the weak point.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would have double decked the 2X10's, but that is just Me building houses for years talking. Make sure you keep that wood nice and dry.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
that is some sick ass shit right there. i give you the honor of being handy man of the month. congrats! lol seriously though i think that if you made the plans for that you could sell em and make some $$$.

hmwave

Established Member
If the side boards are not structural you should make them removable to let some light in. In Winter time, leave them on.

I'd brace the inside with metal strapping or a bolted through 2x4 just to be sure.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
The sidebaords are structural. I have a bunch of lighting I'm going to use when I'm working on the car.

On a side note, I think I just destroyed my transmission. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Hmmmm I dunno. Thats not ghetto, thats REDNECK!! Where's the washing machine and chickens running around? Damn. I hope this doesnt make it up on Z06.com....LOL. We will never hear the end of it!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread