Opiod crisis.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so Heroin happens to be stronger these days and THAT'S why so many more people are NOW hooked on the drug? Yea...... THAT'S a much more accurate generalization smh

Broad sweeping generalizations are always accurate.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so then where are all these people getting access to these pills that have been around for decades at the same strength level and same addiction rates by chemical?

their no stronger but MILLIONS of more people are now addicted? you think drug dealers are now better advertising themselves from the streets so now more people have more access to prescription pills?

OR maybe people aren't educated and don't know how bad they are for you and how addicting they can be? yea, maybe in 1970 but not 2017.

OR is it more likely the DRUG dealers are the DOCTORS who are making PRESCRIPTION pills more available to people while making money hand over fist? which is it? you tell me?

Where did I even imply that?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Some of you really need to understand how these drugs work and what they do to "work" before commenting that it is always the user's fault. Maybe go take an Anatomy and Physiology along with Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics to see where you are just wrong in your assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So what exactly did President Trump's announcement mean? A National Health Emergency, no additional funds, no specific office, another war on drugs and we know how that worked out.

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

o2gt

Established Member
Some of you really need to understand how these drugs work and what they do to "work" before commenting that it is always the user's fault. Maybe go take an Anatomy and Physiology along with Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics to see where you are just wrong in your assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you on this. Addiction is not as simple as people think. you really do need to have an understanding of how the mind and body work and the effects of these substance have on those functions.

Dom_Stang11

Established Member
Legitimate severe pain sufferers are getting cut off. Dr’s don’t force anyone to take a pill & there are plenty of warnings about addiction unlike 10-20 years ago when a regular MD could write anything for anything. Now u have to be dying & they still won’t write for fear of losing there R/X license. U/A’s, blood work, weekly & monthly visits. It’s so closely regulated & abusers will still find a way until they invent a pain measuring test. It’s big business for Pharmaceutical CO’s & unfortunately the “users” who need pain relief most won’t be able to get it thanks to those who abuse

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Never_Enough

Established Member
I am guessing most can't or won't nowadays. I had three implants done 2 years ago for upper fronts that I had broken as a kid, crowns finally failed. The strongest thing he would write me was Tylenol with codeine.
Maybe I have a high pain tolerance, but the only time I actually used a perc was after a root canal. My wisdom teeth getting pulled didn't even really hurt more than needing some Advil.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Maybe I have a high pain tolerance, but the only time I actually used a perc was after a root canal. My wisdom teeth getting pulled didn't even really hurt more than needing some Advil.

The extraction was not bad, had to wait a few months for the bone to heal before the implant phase. I thought that the implant part wouldn't be too bad either...nope, my face swole up like I caught a beating.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The extraction was not bad, had to wait a few months for the bone to heal before the implant phase. I thought that the implant part wouldn't be too bad either...nope, my face swole up like I caught a beating

So the oral surgeon is lying to me then? I had a crown fail and had the tooth extracted a few months ago. They're supposed to call me next month to setup a date to have a implant done. I feel like I have to get it done because the tooth is on my smile line. He claims an implant is a simple process and isn't very painful, won't even have to put me under to insert the post.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
So the oral surgeon is lying to me then? I had a crown fail and had the tooth extracted a few months ago. They're supposed to call me next month to setup a date to have a implant done. I feel like I have to get it done because the tooth is on my smile line. He claims an implant is a simple process and isn't very painful, won't even have to put me under to insert the post.

I had 3 incisors done at once, think that is what really made it bad. They are in close proximity to the sinus cavity too. The extraction for me was no picnic either, but the implant part was worse. Now some procedures can do extraction and implant in once procedure. If you can do that, would recommend getting it done in one shot.

FWIW I was awake the whole time too. I do not like being under for anything if I can avoid it.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I had 3 incisors done at once, think that is what really made it bad. They are in close proximity to the sinus cavity too. The extraction for me was no picnic either, but the implant part was worse. Now some procedures can do extraction and implant in once procedure. If you can do that, would recommend getting it done in one shot.

FWIW I was awake the whole time too. I do not like being under for anything if I can avoid it.
I had three old crowns finally fail a couple of years ago. Had the teeth pulled, and bone grafts done, to prep for implants. I got to thinking about how much the sinus lift, implants, and crowns were gonna cost after they got the teeth out, and I bought a truck with the money instead.
So I'm missing three on one side. I bray like a mule, and just don't care. lol
When I notice some other old guys I know smile at me with a couple missing, some of those guys with money bought something else with that money too. :D

quad

Established Member
I am glad Trump is making this a priority. A lot of tradesmen (plumbers, carpenters, electricians etc.) suffer from joint pain, injuries etc. Not sure what they can do to stop it. I prefer to stay away from these things. Broccoli is a great substitute and much more healthy.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/13-anti-inflammatory-foods#section3

Broccoli is extremely nutritious.

It's a cruciferous vegetable, along with cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and kale.

Research has shown that eating a lot of cruciferous vegetables is associated with a decreased risk of heart disease and cancer (14, 15).

This may be related to the anti-inflammatory effects of the antioxidants they contain.

Broccoli is rich in sulforaphane, an antioxidant that fights inflammation by reducing your levels of cytokines and NF-kB, which drive inflammation (16, 17, 18).

Broccoli is one of the best sources of sulforaphane, an antioxidant with powerful anti-inflammatory effects.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I had three old crowns finally fail a couple of years ago. Had the teeth pulled, and bone grafts done, to prep for implants. I got to thinking about how much the sinus lift, implants, and crowns were gonna cost after they got the teeth out, and I bought a truck with the money instead.
So I'm missing three on one side. I bray like a mule, and just don't care. lol
When I notice some other old guys I know smile at me with a couple missing, some of those guys with money bought something else with that money too. :D

LMFAO...Had these failed anywhere else I would have definitely gone that route. Missing front incisors, just couldn't do it.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
LMFAO...Had these failed anywhere else I would have definitely gone that route. Missing front incisors, just couldn't do it.
I get it, really. Mine are on the side, but visible when I laugh. I have embraced being at the age where I give many less shiites than I used to.
And it's glorious.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I am glad Trump is making this a priority. A lot of tradesmen (plumbers, carpenters, electricians etc.) suffer from joint pain, injuries etc. Not sure what they can do to stop it. I prefer to stay away from these things. Broccoli is a great substitute and much more healthy.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/13-anti-inflammatory-foods#section3

Broccoli is extremely nutritious.

It's a cruciferous vegetable, along with cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and kale.

Research has shown that eating a lot of cruciferous vegetables is associated with a decreased risk of heart disease and cancer (14, 15).

This may be related to the anti-inflammatory effects of the antioxidants they contain.

Broccoli is rich in sulforaphane, an antioxidant that fights inflammation by reducing your levels of cytokines and NF-kB, which drive inflammation (16, 17, 18).

Broccoli is one of the best sources of sulforaphane, an antioxidant with powerful anti-inflammatory effects.
I can't ever imagine after summertime softball games that guys start popping broccoli.

Users who are viewing this thread