Opiod crisis.

Stanger00

Established Member
Blaming the doctor for someone abusing prescription drugs to the point of addiction is like blaming the bartender for someone becoming a drunk.

Same could be said about the war on drugs. Your post is about as useful as you are to this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Same could be said about the war on drugs. Your post is about as useful as you are to this forum.

The doctor forces patients to abuse medication, right? NVM. I see you are from Kally. The home of absolutely zero personal responsibility!

People abuse these meds. They take too many. Fake pain when it doesn't exist. They doctor shop. The guilty party is quite obvious.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I've been severely injured a few times, and I've had some pretty good pain pills over the years. When popping those pills, along with the pain suppression comes a side effect known as EUPHORIA. And holy crap, I can totally understand how easy it would be to become completely addicted to that feeling.

There's no easy answer to addictions. Lots of folks want to escape their real world problems and various substances help them accomplish that goal... for a short time.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The doctor forces patients to abuse medication, right? NVM. I see you are from Kally. The home of absolutely zero personal responsibility!

People abuse these meds. They take too many. Fake pain when it doesn't exist. They doctor shop. The guilty party is quite obvious.

While this is true for some, your post is painfully wrong for others.

Stanger00

Established Member

Opioids are addictive even when taken as prescribed it's called dependency. Look it up. After they are dependent that is when they doctor shop looking for their next fix.

Doctors handing out a known addictive substance to treat chronic pain is about the same as a drug dealer on the streets, IMO. They aren't treating the pain they are treating the symptoms.

Not all people in California, since it's difficult to spell, are like what the news portrays.

Follow the money and you will see this is a simple case of big pharma lining doctors pockets to peddle their drugs to susceptible people who need help for pain and injuries.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Opioids are addictive even when taken as prescribed it's called dependency. Look it up. After they are dependent that is when they doctor shop looking for their next fix.

Doctors handing out a known addictive substance to treat chronic pain is about the same as a drug dealer on the streets, IMO. They aren't treating the pain they are treating the symptoms.

Not all people in California, since it's difficult to spell, are like what the news portrays.

Follow the money and you will see this is a simple case of big pharma lining doctors pockets to peddle their drugs to susceptible people who need help for pain and injuries.

Anything can become addictive if you don't use it correctly and you find people abusing (intentionally and sometimes not) these drugs because they like the feeling or get in the mindset of believing they need to use these chemicals at the first sign of pain or just flat out using them in a manner not prescribed. Doctors can not make a patient act truthfully in terms of revealing legit pain, the use of other substances that can and do alter the pain killers in question, etc.., The patient needs to be held accountable because ultimately he/she holds the answers to the doctor's questions.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_2675.PNG

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
I've been severely injured a few times, and I've had some pretty good pain pills over the years. When popping those pills, along with the pain suppression comes a side effect known as EUPHORIA. And holy crap, I can totally understand how easy it would be to become completely addicted to that feeling.

There's no easy answer to addictions. Lots of folks want to escape their real world problems and various substances help them accomplish that goal... for a short time.

You didn't allow such a good feeling to take over your life, right?

Do you believe the following:

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Anything can become addictive if you don't use it correctly and you find people abusing (intentionally and sometimes not) these drugs because they like the feeling or get in the mindset of believing they need to use these chemicals at the first sign of pain or just flat out using them in a manner not prescribed. Doctors can not make a patient act truthfully in terms of revealing legit pain, the use of other substances that can and do alter the pain killers in question, etc.., The patient needs to be held accountable because ultimately he/she holds the answers to the doctor's questions.
I had a severe hand injury 10 years ago. After the surgery I was offered all the usual stuff. The pills didn't really do anything for the pain. I stopped taking them after 2 weeks. I still have pain today but couldn't imagine taking pain meds forever.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

There are many and much more expensive drugs lining pockets than narcotics

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Doctors are the biggest drug dealers around these days. the MAJORITY of these people hooked on pills got hooked from doctors. some just use them as an excuse but most were perfectly fine till their drug dealing doctor started writing unnecessary scripts.

the problem is everyone is different. any opiod will make me sick to my stomach and puke almost instantly. the guy next to me feels like a million bucks every time he uses them but doctors only care about you coming BACK!

they write endless useless unneeded prescriptions to people and when they get hooked they have to come back to the doctor for another script and of course they bill their insurance company for each visit...... such a scam!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Doctors are the biggest drug dealers around these days. the MAJORITY of these people hooked on pills got hooked from doctors. some just use them as an excuse but most were perfectly fine till their drug dealing doctor started writing unnecessary scripts.

the problem is everyone is different. any opiod will make me sick to my stomach and puke almost instantly. the guy next to me feels like a million bucks every time he uses them but doctors only care about you coming BACK!

they write endless useless unneeded prescriptions to people and when they get hooked they have to come back to the doctor for another script and of course they bill their insurance company for each visit...... such a scam!
Broad sweeping generalizations are always accurate.

CobraKid04

Established Member
The big thing that needs to happen is when the EMTs save someone from an overdose that person needs to be involuntarily committed to a state hospital for rehab.

This would help....although there is no money in rehab. The system is a joke really.

I carry narcan on duty now. Just another job/ liability for the police. Works really well actually, to wake them up. Used it several times in the past few months. A local jurisdiction had to stop using it because it was costing like 5k a day with all their ODs. Some we're the same person in a day.

o2gt

Established Member
and you can become addicted to them taking them just how the doctor tells you to. sure lots of people abuse them thats clear. some start out as drug addicts that have found a source for drugs by going to the doctor. But many take their pills as prescribed and find them self addicted. for many its not about loving the high anymore its trying not to be sick and trying to find some way of functioning all be it not well. these are powerful drugs that literally anyone can become addicted to.

people dont like drug addicts or alcoholics thats fair. but addictions is not as simple as saying stop doing that. until someone has been there you can never fully understand it. I would never wish it on anyone. when you can't trust your own mind its hard to get better. I have been on recovery for 10 years sometimes I dont understand why I made it and so many others did not . Now I see defendants all day long that I prosecute people that are in the same place I was many years ago. I see the desperation on their faces and read about all the things they do to get a fix. I can tell you not one of them thought it would be fun to be an addict. Yes they are responsible for what they do. but when you start putting things in your body that change the way your brain works things can get bad very fast and you may have no idea its happening.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Broad sweeping generalizations are always accurate.

Right?
Cuz MDs are there force feeding drugs...my wife got enough PO dilaudid t kill an elephant after her last C section...she took 3 total...the rest she flushed down the toilet

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I’ve said this in another post. Im guessing that most handicap plate drivers are on a prescription drug or st least drive like they are. They’re not driving ****ed up because they are handicap but the opioid their dr gives them. All people have some type of arthritis by a certain age and by 85 and operating a dozer for forty years my neighbor still drives. It’s terrible because he’s going to kill a kid and probably live.

Users who are viewing this thread