On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Good info on the rubbing issues. I will be heat wrapping all pipes when I put the kit on mine in the spring as well. Car looks like it's pulling damn well even on 6.5 psi, props. I can not wait, haha. It's eating away at me day by day.

syclone50

Established Member
My vibration coming from the steering shaft vs downpipe.

I need to pull it also but don't really feel like doing it lol.

Exhaust is magnaflow ORX, lethal OTA pipes into gt500 mufflers. It's actually REAL quiet.

It sounds dam good!
I could just hear it on decel. I don't get any of the raspyness you do....kinda miss it

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Good info on the rubbing issues. I will be heat wrapping all pipes when I put the kit on mine in the spring as well. Car looks like it's pulling damn well even on 6.5 psi, props. I can not wait, haha. It's eating away at me day by day.

yeah it runs good. Its hard to hear the exhaust is so quiet. Going WOT from 1st to 2nd gives about a 20 ft burn out in 2nd until the DRs bite lol. I couldn't get it to do that with the Paxton. It would dead hook 2nd with the centri all day long.

Then again the transient response with the ball bearing turbos is near instant on shifts. As soon as you hit the next gear you are immediately at full boost again.

This thing on 10 psi is going to be nuts.

It sounds dam good!
I could just hear it on decel. I don't get any of the raspyness you do....kinda miss it

Im going to get some vid with the GoPro hanging off the back bumper so I can get some good exhaust sounds.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally got my hands on some turbo blankets. These are some China jobs but I must say the quality was REAL nice on these. At $38 each, its a damn hard deal to beat and like I said.. they are made extremely well.

I had to cut up the driver's side some to get it to fit knowing the clearance issues to the WG on that side.

Overall very impressed with these.

IMG_0657_zpsxu8sgpqt.jpg

IMG_0658_zpskepgxvgd.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsjvx4ogg6.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsadjirofn.jpg

IMG_0662_zpssi0izzuh.jpg

IMG_0661_zpsa7jm8hdn.jpg

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
9-10psi is where my car will live most of its life on the stock motor. That should be good for my power/trap speed goals on pump gas. Which I'll be moving for another college next year so it'll be E85 when I do that. So 750 on 9-11 shouldn't be abnormal. Especiall from what I have seen.

Link to those blankets? They look damn nice and that price is too good to not buy.

syclone50

Established Member
Gimmie we must have the exact problems between our kits. I too had to cut up my blanket on the driver side lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Both of our frames must be bent in exactly the same spots

:lol:

I read somewhere where on3 told a customer that....

JTS_7

Established Member
Both of our frames must be bent in exactly the same spots

I read somewhere where on3 told a customer that....

I would have to assume I would be in the same boat since I had to grind down my housing to clear the gate clamp.

Damn bent up mustangs LOL.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Damn you cut all that off lol? I just cut a slit from the bottom up to where the WG would sit. I had fiberglass for days though trying to figure it out lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn you cut all that off lol? I just cut a slit from the bottom up to where the WG would sit. I had fiberglass for days though trying to figure it out lol

yeaup. Guess i got lucky... the damn thing fits PERFECT!

But yeah... i still have fiberglass in my fingers this morning lol.

the actual blankets i got are from a company called Rev9. Theyre all over ebay and the local guy i got them from matches anyones ebay price.

http://godspeedproject.com/ The blankets arent listed on the site so call and ask for "Alan." He'll take care of you.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
yeaup. Guess i got lucky... the damn thing fits PERFECT!

But yeah... i still have fiberglass in my fingers this morning lol.

the actual blankets i got are from a company called Rev9. Theyre all over ebay and the local guy i got them from matches anyones ebay price.

http://godspeedproject.com/ The blankets arent listed on the site so call and ask for "Alan." He'll take care of you.

$38 each is for sure a lot better of a deal than On3's are.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

I got stuck in a traffic jam yesterday in 105* socal heat and when I finally got home I could still touch the turbos.

The blankets and pipe wrapping really cut down the under hood heat.

syclone50

Established Member
went to the dyno today to get some new number with my auto and a bit more boost. Couldn't get the dam thing to read the RPM signal so I did not get a figure but it sounds good. LOL

In all seriousness the car made 695 @ 9.5lbs. with the M6. I am now running about 12-13 lbs with the auto. At the track a couple of weeks ago the car trapped 133mph and weighs 4020 with me in it. Online calculators put those figures at 773rwhp. I would guess that number would be actual and not corrected as that is the power needed to move a 4020 car to a 133mph?!?!?!?

Anyway here is the video at the dyno
[video=youtube;a-sXGuqClXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-sXGuqClXY[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread