on3 kit

stretchb

Established Member
Ok good deal, I plan on building the rear end eventually but at least I know I've got alittle time with the stock stuff.
these cars stock parts are tough for sure.

my plan is to run a 8.99 and tape the time slip into the owners manual. that way when I return the car stock and trade it in the new owner will be in disbelief and shocked. may leave some youtube address for the new owner too.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member

my plan is to run a 8.99 and tape the time slip into the owners manual. that way when I return the car stock and trade it in the new owner will be in disbelief and shocked. may leave some youtube address for the new owner too.

:lol:

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member

If I bought a stock 5.0 and opened the owners manual to find a 8.99 slip from the previous owner; I would be laughing and pissed all at the same time, lol.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
WOW, that's fast!!! Is there anyone out there who has put some miles on this kit?

03screamingSVT

Established Member
WOW, that's fast!!! Is there anyone out there who has put some miles on this kit?

The cool part about Larry's car, he throws street tires on it and his wife drives it to and from work during the week, 100 miles a day.

Puts some good tires on it, some good fuel and busts out low 9 second passes on the weekend

Yellow03snake

Established Member

PM me before you place any ads, I keep losing out on good deals :beer:

WIPLASH1

Established Member
I've got about 2K on mine, winter hit hard and early in Minnesota. I had no issues. I thought for sure I'd be putting it back up on jackstands to tighten exhaust but from the first start-up till I put it in storage it was perfect!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ That's good to hear!

You or anyone you know of have issues with headers cracking? Thought I had read that someone's '13 had their headers crack just a few months after installation.

stretchb

Established Member
The cool part about Larry's car, he throws street tires on it and his wife drives it to and from work during the week, 100 miles a day.

Puts some good tires on it, some good fuel and busts out low 9 second passes on the weekend

wife does drive it more than me.

I do turn the boost controller off when she is in it.

WIPLASH1

Established Member
^ That's good to hear!

You or anyone you know of have issues with headers cracking? Thought I had read that someone's '13 had their headers crack just a few months after installation.
No, there's only one kit that had headers crack. The end user is responsible for fabricating a hanger for the exhaust. If they don't the majority of the weight of the entire exhaust plus the weight of the turbo's is supported by the headers. Not good at 1200 plus deg's!

I think it's silly they don't provide a hanger. On3 is putting there rep at risk by trusting the end-user to make something work.

stretchb

Established Member
in on3's defense, there were never any pics of the cracked headers ever seen. not saying it couldnt happen.

I for one made hangers for my x-pipe because I was getting an exhaust vibe.

stretchb

Established Member
u can see the "L" brackets I welded to the x-pipe, they bolt up to the extra holes by the crossmember.

xpipe_zps5d43c91d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread