on3 kit

mhyjek

Established Member
They usually copy the low hanging fruit.

Hey Dustin, I don't want anybody to copy your kit but do you think after you've done like 30 of them you will outsource getting the headers done like to CPE in MD they have automated welding machine and could probably make the hot side of your kit SS maintain your build quality and keep cost down?

CPRsm

Nah, not interested in it. Manufacturing it is where the money is. That's why I private label for other companies. If I outsourced any of it the cost would go up. That's why I can offer what I do for the cost I do.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Hey Dustin, I don't want anybody to copy your kit but do you think after you've done like 30 of them you will outsource getting the headers done like to CPE in MD they have automated welding machine and could probably make the hot side of your kit SS maintain your build quality and keep cost down?

:lol:

the cost will not go down i can assure you

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Larry's history along with a local guy having great luck has motivated me to give the kit a try. Kits already purchased and returning from getting the hot side Ceramic coated. Got ID1000s, BAP, and PRO-M to start with. Will be saving for a fuel system and converter next.

Screamin363

Established Member
Party has been quiet for a while, figured with the S. Texas weather we would have heard some updates

Torchy

Established Member
Larry's history along with a local guy having great luck has motivated me to give the kit a try. Kits already purchased and returning from getting the hot side Ceramic coated. Got ID1000s, BAP, and PRO-M to start with. Will be saving for a fuel system and converter next.

Why the pro M?

phil h

Established Member

Are you going to modify the inlet pipe to the TB to a bigger diameter? I talked with Daniel from TSS about this and he said that you should do it once you start turning up the boost. With this being said you shouldnt buy the "required" maf from on3 and just make your own?

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Why the pro M?

I have seen it suggested a few times and my tuner recommended it. He has done this kit a few times now and has the tuning solution dialed in with it.

Are you going to modify the inlet pipe to the TB to a bigger diameter? I talked with Daniel from TSS about this and he said that you should do it once you start turning up the boost. With this being said you shouldnt buy the "required" maf from on3 and just make your own?

I didn't buy the On3 Maf, I ordered a Pro-M separately. About the inlet, Jeff Smith at CTP is doing the install since I am out of the country right now. He hasn't mentioned any needed changes, and I doubt I will be pushing enough this year to need the change. But it sounds like a simple fix when needed with a little tuning afterwards!

Users who are viewing this thread