on3 kit

Benchracer

Established Member
Shiiiit. Do it right the first time and the expensive stuff will usually save ya in the long run

Truth. I know a guy that installed this cheap twin turbo on3 kit and even opted for the ball bearing option. Within a week the ball bearings were spitting out of the exhaust and oil was everywhere. He said On3 blamed it on the tune snd made him PAY for a new turbo. USA>China crap

gstboy69

Established Member
Truth. I know a guy that installed this cheap twin turbo on3 kit and even opted for the ball bearing option. Within a week the ball bearings were spitting out of the exhaust and oil was everywhere. He said On3 blamed it on the tune snd made him PAY for a new turbo. USA>China crap

Really????

WIPLASH1

Established Member
Precision, Comp, Turbonetics, On3...what do all three of these turbo's have in common?

They've all had failures within a week. I guess it's just more fun to shit on the little guy.

Benchracer

Established Member
Precision, Comp, Turbonetics, On3...what do all three of these turbo's have in common?

They've all had failures within a week. I guess it's just more fun to shit on the little guy.

Ill bet money the other companies back their product. Thats the difference.

REDS197

Established Member
I know a guy that went 9.20's with the on3 kit. My friends uncle has a neighbor who's brother was having some problems. I don't have my own experience though.

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
If you guys honestly think the on3 chineese junk will hold up, I feel sorry for you. Its common knowledge that the turbos fall apart if you look at them wrong. I have owned and built turbo cars since the mid 90's so Im definately not lacking in experience. Also, I dont have to stick my finger in an electrical outlet to know it would probably kill me. Some people can learn from others mistakes and some just have to learn the hard way.

svtwes

Established Member
I have two friends that will be installing the on3 kit within the next 2-4 weeks. One 2014 One 2012. Ill give feedback on the pros an cons. As far as I know they come with magnum powers turbos.

ajpturbo

Established Member

I've had 4 different precision turbo's. Ball bearing and JB...All seemed fine. Over 50k miles before I sold the cars...None were cheap.

proper oil pressure/control must be adhered to for a happy life....As with any turbo....Most people actually give them too much oil as precision is reluctant to tell people to use restrictors.

ANd despite what people think, there are no oil seals to go bad...They use dynamic ring seals....Like metal compression...So once you get your oil pressure and volume under control the ring seal should be fine

WIPLASH1

Established Member
If you guys honestly think the on3 chineese junk will hold up, I feel sorry for you. Its common knowledge that the turbos fall apart if you look at them wrong. I have owned and built turbo cars since the mid 90's so Im definately not lacking in experience. Also, I dont have to stick my finger in an electrical outlet to know it would probably kill me. Some people can learn from others mistakes and some just have to learn the hard way.
The point is you guys with the superior kits seem to ignore the fact that there isn't a single On3 owner that's said the On3 kit is BETTER. 90% of these arguments have no point. There couldn't possibly be a reasonable person out there that believes the On3 kit is "better".

There can't be an On3 discussion without terms like "chinese junk" and what-not, but Magnum turbo's are fine :rollseyes

Drufuss

Established Member
I'd love to see a company do the same as ponydown did with its kits for the fox body and offer just piping, or manifolds as well as the entire kit.

CPRsm

I'd love to see a company do the same as ponydown did with its kits for the fox body and offer just piping, or manifolds as well as the entire kit.
Those are the companies that had their parts copied. They made the initial investment for knock off artists cheap and easy. Their easy money up front, ends up making them trying to compete with the chinese to sell their own product. They have to whore it out to compete, then they go under just like pony down.

Users who are viewing this thread