on3 kit

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I don't know anything about ON3, but I've had a couple Chineese parts on my Supra that I can tell you about.
1. I replaced my Greddy BOV with a real nice looking Ebay BOV-Created a huge boost leak that I couldn't figure out for the longest time-Put my Greddy back on and it ran normal again.
2. I currently have a Ebay tubular manifold without any support bracing-Never a problem and still going strong after 4 years.

stretchb

Established Member
the venting w/g to atmosphere is just something I am experimenting with.. it was a PITA to build the new w/g pipes by the way.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
whstlr, unless your going to be on a high boost and pretty serious hp combo, I would not worry about dumping to atmosphere. I would just possibly consider electric cutouts in the xpipe which will help just as much. Thats a much easier install than trying to fab up dump tubes and the area is already so tight

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
the venting w/g to atmosphere is just something I am experimenting with.. it was a PITA to build the new w/g pipes by the way.

whstlr, unless your going to be on a high boost and pretty serious hp combo, I would not worry about dumping to atmosphere. I would just possibly consider electric cutouts in the xpipe which will help just as much. Thats a much easier install than trying to fab up dump tubes and the area is already so tight

Ok! That makes sense. I will only be on 5-6 PSI most likely. I am really debating right now. I am still considering the JPC single also. Its more expensive but I have seen some good numbers from it. Decisions..Decisions!

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member

Where did you vent the dump tubes? I'd like to run my to the atmosphere and I can't figure out where I could route them.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
If I were to do it I would route the WG tubes along the down pipe and dump in the area where the cat deletes in a off road pipe are. But I'm actually putting my cut outs in that area so i'll try that first.

robbinthehood

Established Member
Did they ever determine what brand turbos these were? I've heard both Borg warner and magnum but haven't heard any solid answers. And is the maf upgrade required or can I simply lengthen the harness.

Wonder if aed can tune this remotely...

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Did they ever determine what brand turbos these were? I've heard both Borg warner and magnum but haven't heard any solid answers. And is the maf upgrade required or can I simply lengthen the harness.

Wonder if aed can tune this remotely...

Mine are cast and stamped with On3 performance no other indications, probably Chinese like 99% of everything else out there :beer:

I don't think he will, but he did recommend someone that is pretty close to me to do it

robbinthehood

Established Member
Thanks yellow snake. I thought I heard in another thread they were made in the same factory as magnum but there was some drama over that on this forum. Just don't wanna buy the $4000 kit then have to throw down another $3000 for some quality turbos a couple miles down the road

WIPLASH1

Established Member
I'll be doing the same thing next winter. My plan was to change where the takeoff to the WG's come off the header so they can head to the back of the car. Downside is they'd be a PITA to get to if you wanted to change springs, upside is they'd be out of sight and would clean up the engine bay considerably!

stretchb

Established Member
I'll be doing the same thing next winter. My plan was to change where the takeoff to the WG's come off the header so they can head to the back of the car. Downside is they'd be a PITA to get to if you wanted to change springs, upside is they'd be out of sight and would clean up the engine bay considerably!

the other turbo kit I had the w/g's were below header and it was a PITA to change gate spring.

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
some folks cant afford them fancy things ^^^ especially after buying a hi $ kit.

Agreed, pricey if you want a good one. If my wastegates were under the headers I'd find a way to buy one, or be stuck on the same springs for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread