N/A 4v build

fs308

4v noob
Established Member
thats true ill them up. since they are the billet are they custom and made per order?

fs308

4v noob
Established Member
will they hold up better then the aluminum rods as far as long as lasting? and not stretching with heat cycles?

cobraracer46

Banned
Manley billet pro series rods with ARP 2000 7/16 rod bolts is another Hi Po "off the shelf" part that is available for $1500 retail.

Some would say that the Carrillo billet steel connecting rods that retail for $2500+ are the best rods available for a Ford Mod motor.:burnout:

When I'm ready to purchase a set of premium rods for my Cobra engine, I will give some serious thought to the Maney pro series units as they seem to be the most popular premium rod for the Ford modular engine.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Finally got to some good discussion after all the FI lovers gave up. I don't have numbers yet, I still need to get the tune dialed in once the car finally gets to me(it's being shipped to Hawaii). I had MP build me a big bore stroker with flat top Diamond pitons, Kellog crank, custom cams 235/239 @.050, and a Sullivan intake. When I did the break in runs, the thing scared the crap out of me. It is that fast and there is PLENTY left in the tune. The idle is nice too. It sounds healthy, but it is smooth at 900 rpm, and I think it could even handle 800 or lower. I think you are headed in the right direction. Be wary of people's head flow numbers. They like to show them at .500+, but you will be hard pressed to find cams with that much lift. You just don't need it when you have 4 valves to work with. Stick with MP and you will be where you want to go.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
A guy on the corral is using a vacuum pump. Search the DOHC section for FR500 intake and you should find him. Stalken is his handle IIRC.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Lunati has cams with over .500 lift.
.550 lift

In reality, more like .542 lift, as they list the wrong rocker ratio.

Comp has lobe profiles that result in .550" lift. There would be a benefit in running them if they have more duration at .200" than the lower lift lobes with the same duration.

A guy on the corral is using a vacuum pump. Search the DOHC section for FR500 intake and you should find him. Stalken is his handle IIRC.
Stalken does have a vacuum pump and it nothing to increase power for his combo. A vacuum pump isn't really a "street" mod.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread