My Twin Turbo Viper Powered Mustang BUILD.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Anything going in the trunk to offset the weight of all that shit? Lol! Seriously can't wait to see this thing finished.

Haha the engine/trans was about 900lbs or so.. It's actually lighter than the gt500 (iron) swap that I was going to do.. It'll be a little nose heavy but really I'm not too worried about it..

scottL

Established Member
this cool rubber edge protector to keep the sharp edges covered. Came out great!

image1_66.jpg
Trim Lok http://www.trimlok.com/ Used it for my CAI too. Nice build N8.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
I originally was planning on taking out the motor today but I decided to knock out a few small things instead.

-Finished drivers downpipe

-Bent dipstick tube to fit around header

-Remade mount for clutch master cylinder rod

-Installed throttle cable/pedal extension and gas pedal

Those seem like a quick thing.... but they took 7 hours!!

I started with the downpipe. Remember the notch i cut out for the brake line clearance. Well I added onto the other side of the DP to account for the loss in tube diameter.
image1_73.jpg

image2_11.jpg

image3_8.jpg

image4_2.jpg

image3_9.jpg

Next I took the stock dipstick and bent it closer to the engine block to keep it away from the header. I didn't have to do much bending but it fits great now.

image1_74.jpg

image2_12.jpg

I originally installed the clutch MC and rod while the dash was still in. I used a bolt to hold the rod to the pedal, well now that I have a much better view without the dash in place I decided to take a better approach to installing it. I cut a piece of 7/8" (just what I had) cold roll round stock and drilled and tapped it. I left a small notch sticking out on the other end of the tapped hole to go into the hole on the pedal so I could weld it from the back as well as the front. It came out a million times better than the bolt.

image4_3.jpg

image1_75.jpg

image2_13.jpg

image3_10.jpg

image4_4.jpg

I then moved onto the gas pedal/throttle cable. Since I had to "message" the trans tunnel a little for the starter it impeded the gas pedal from going all the way down. I made some extensions out of a couple bolts and some stainless tubing. They ended up being about 3/4" too long so I cut them down at the end. But they work like a charm!

image1_76.jpg

The throttle cable is a combination of the viper, mustang and a Lokar cable. I cut the ends off each cable and made my own custom cable.

image2_14.jpg

Built a mounting tab for the firewall. I riveted it to the firewall and then the Lokar cable had something to mount it, plus it looks good.
image3_11.jpg

image1_77.jpg

image2_15.jpg

All three pedals installed and working properly!! Finally.

image3_12.jpg

That was yesterday. Now its time to go pull that motor!

Last edited:

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
I got another full day to work on the car so I was able to get a lot done!

Got the oil pan removed and fittings welded on.

While the silicone was drying I installed my UPR Extreme bumpsteer kit.. Its definitely extreme.. Almost touches the wheels

Removed the motor and the re installed suspension so i could roll it around

Put some of the parts back on it getting ready to do some touch up paint and the color sanding and buffing.

image1_78.jpg

image2_16.jpg

image3_13.jpg

After the pan was done i gathered up all the turbo parts (minus the turbos and filters) and took a picture.. Crazy how much time and effort is sitting right there!!
image2_17.jpg

Once the Silicone had dried enough I removed the motor with my little wooden crate/furniture dolly. It works like a charm with my removable radiator support!
image1_79.jpg

I installed my new ball joints and bumpstear kit and put the suspension back on the car so i could move it around. I need to do some minor touch up painting and paint my new mirrors. Then Ill be color sanding and buffing soon! Cant wait.....

image3_15.jpg

image2_18.jpg

image1_81.jpg

image3_14.jpg

image1_80.jpg

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member
Car is coming along awesome... has to feel good to start messing with paint, means you are getting closer to the end.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member

I probably missed it somewhere else or just spaced it, but do you plan on doing any kind of sheathing / heat wrap on these plug wires?

Continue to be amazed by this build. I barely have the motivation to mow the lawn on my weekends. Keep up the great work. :beer:

302project

The Shelby or the Ranger?
Established Member
Very, Very nice!!!:rockon::rockon:

You should remove those valve covers and have them made custom with the " Powered By Ford" logo. When people ask about that V10 you can say that you bought it from Ford from their V10 test mule concept lol

cov-09v10h.jpg

nmybzytdyfjz3nk1zu5w.jpg

mump_0406_05_z+prototype_boss_ford_mustang_v10+v10_engine_bay.jpg

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
I probably missed it somewhere else or just spaced it, but do you plan on doing any kind of sheathing / heat wrap on these plug wires?

Continue to be amazed by this build. I barely have the motivation to mow the lawn on my weekends. Keep up the great work. :beer:

Yes I definitely plan on using some heat shields for the plug boots and wires, but in that picture the clips that hold them in place aren't attached to the bolts on the valve cover like they should be which will keep them further away from the down pipes.

Thanks for the comments!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I hope you plan on sharing video with us when you first fire up the engine.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I will film the very first attempt at starting it. I'm sure it'll go just like all the TV shows and start up and run perfectly too!! Haha ya.... :rolleyes:

Somehow, with this build, I have no doubt it's going to turn over on the first try. Have faith! :beer:

Coiled03

Established Member
I will film the very first attempt at starting it. I'm sure it'll go just like all the TV shows and start up and run perfectly too!! Haha ya.... :rolleyes:

No reason to think it wont. Spark, fuel, air....that's all you need. I'm not expecting you to have issues given the quality of your work so far.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Somehow, with this build, I have no doubt it's going to turn over on the first try. Have faith! :beer:

As long as everything is accounted for mechanically and tested electrically there should be no real reason it doesn't barring any issue with the motor that was garunteed (for 60 days) by the seller.. I do still have quite a bit of work left so starting the motor is at the lower end of the list at this point..

Users who are viewing this thread