My Twin Turbo Viper Powered Mustang BUILD.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Dude trust me... You get this thing done you will have ZERO issues getting into SEMA. Guarantee this thing would be a huge attraction. You get it done, I promise you I'll get it in there.

Dammit dude I have a wedding that I'm in on the 5th of November, I will be in LA from the 2nd to rhe 6th.. That couldn't be worse timing!

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
This is an absolutely awesome build you have going here!

So you're the one... lol

not to steal the thunder here but if you really want to get weird about things I had an '02 Mineral Gray Roush mustang too!!! We're almost twinsies HAHAHA

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Well what's the hold up? It's almost been a week since an update ? Are you loosing steam? Haha

Didn't you know... I've been driving this thing around for months now.. I'm just keeping the thread alive with pics to string everyone along........ :rolling: :rolling:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Didn't you know... I've been driving this thing around for months now.. I'm just keeping the thread alive with pics to string everyone along........ :rolling: :rolling:

I would literally come find you and shoot in the back of the head with a BB gun

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
Any new update on this?

I've only been able to work 30 min here, hour there on it. Been too busy..Don't have much to add.. Here's what I do have done...

I made the covers for the fuel rails. Took a piece of 1/8" aluminum I had drill some holes in it and used my press and a 1.75" dimple die to create the look I want..

I then got a piece of angle iron with holes drilled in it from Lowes and made 20 little tabs to weld to the rails to hold my covers on. I can't remember what these fasteners are called but I'm using them instead of drilling a tapping holes for ease of installation and some adjustability. 1/4/20 Stainless cap crews hold it all together.. They are just sitting in place at this point, haven't had time to weld the tabs on yet..

image2_23.jpg

image3_20.jpg

image3_21.jpg

image4_7.jpg

I used a little money I had saved for this project to buy a new little beater for around town. I was borrowing an Expedition (since I only have my work van other than this mustang) from my parents while I was working on the car, but since its taking longer than expected I decided to just give it back to them and pick this up. Its a cool little truck. I need to have the hood repainted cause some knuckle head keyed it but for now itll do.

image2_24.jpg

image1_87.jpg

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
This may not seem like a huge update but it is a decent milestone.

Everything from here will involve finishing items to install on the car for the last time!

I have all parts that are being painted (or repainted) gloss black ready to go. The fuel rails are finished and ready for paint. All hot side parts are off and ready to be sent to our local ceramic coating shop. All body panels that needed touch up paint are finished and re installed for color sand and buff. I will clean and continue to coat the underside of the car with the black chassis paint that I did earlier in the build. After thats finished I can get my fuel and brake lines sorted out and installed. Then its just wiring..

Heres a couple pics of the parts waiting paint, and of the finished fuel rails/covers.

image1_88.jpg

image2_25.jpg

image1_89.jpg

image2_26.jpg

I took a couple pics of the car like this (before color sand and buff) and I will take a couple more, hopefully in the same time of day to compare the difference!

image4_8.jpg

image3_22.jpg

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to get the valve covers painted? Pulling mine to have them done over the winter.

Awesome work as always :thumbsup:

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to get the valve covers painted? Pulling mine to have them done over the winter.

Awesome work as always :thumbsup:

I did them myself. No cost for labor. I think the black paint from a local shop (Metalux paint) was like 45 for the paint and 15 for the reducer and activator.

I just painted over the lettering and then sanded the paint off afterwards.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
I did them myself. No cost for labor. I think the black paint from a local shop (Metalux paint) was like 45 for the paint and 15 for the reducer and activator.

I just painted over the lettering and then sanded the paint off afterwards.

Ah, that implies I would need skill and a paint gun. Fresh out of both unfortunately. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread