My Twin Turbo Viper Powered Mustang BUILD.

Zemedici

Established Member

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
So I found a nice donor car for the black interior that I've been looking for! I was involved in a low speed collision that damaged the front end. The car is actually in pretty good shape! I'm thinking about just swapping the tan interior out of my car into this one and fixing the damage and giving it to my son for his first car. He's almost 14 now so this would be something fun for him and it was cheap!

image1_67.jpg

I have my good buddy coming on Tuesday to reinstall my glass since I'm all finished with welding on th car and any other body modifications so I prepped the metal for new primer and rubber. When I painted the car I just painted over the existing rubber (which was too thin to reuse anyways) so he's gonna use some primer for new rubber and sick the glass back in. I don't know much about auto glass so I'll leave the rest up to him.
image1_68.jpg

image2_7.jpg

I also found out that my hood won't close with the AC condenser in this position. I have to move it down about 3 inches but I needed to move it anyways because I was too close to the headlight housing so this works out. I'm hoping I'm able to just swap the brackets from the bottom to the top which will lower it just about 3 inches..

image2_6.jpg

image3_5.jpg

image4_1.jpg

My smaller filters from S&B came in as well as this cool rubber edge protector to keep the sharp edges covered. Came out great!

image1_66.jpg

Last edited:

kuruma

Established Member
This is easily the best DIY project I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to vids of it up and running.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
My buddy came by today and put a new oem windshield in, as well as installing the glass that I found on CL from a car that was in much better shape than what came off my car. Its weird to see glass back in it, its been out almost a year now. He did a great job.

image3_7.jpg

image2_10.jpg

I tackled the dash as well. It wasn't all that hard, just a bunch of stupid electrical connectors. I really should have pulled this a long time ago!! Sure makes working on the pedals and anything else high up on the firewall a lot easier! I did notice a couple things that I need to straighten out before I put the new dash back in. I will also probably start the wiring before I put the new one back in. I have an idea where I need to put a few things from the viper harness but the only way to know for sure is to get working on it... I have other things to do first tho.

image1_69.jpg

While I was puling a few parts off the motor getting it ready to be pulled back out I had a visitor...:dw::dw: Not really the type of visitor I was expecting....

image1_71.jpg

Like I just mentioned, I need to pull the motor one last time. When I originially rebuild the oil pan I didn't have plans to put turbos on this thing so I didn't weld on drain bungs.. SOOO... its all gotta come back out to stick those on. Im also going to modify the intake manifold to have a set of vacuum ports on both sides for all the plumbing to come later, as well as welding a bracket to it so I can mount my FPR on the back of it nice a tidy.

image2_9.jpg

image1_70.jpg

A good shot of my removable radiator support access.. sure makes this part a lot easier!

image2_8.jpg

Also while the motor is out, ill be installing these parts. Steeda Ball joints, UPR extreme bumpsteer kit, and urethane offset rack bushings. All of this stuff should pretty much button up the suspension for now.
image1_72.jpg

Thats all for the next two days, I go back to the Station for my shift in the morning. :beer:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
so much winning in this thread. I wish I could see this monster when its finished in person. I'm sure you have said it already but what is your power level goal for this car?

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
so much winning in this thread. I wish I could see this monster when its finished in person. I'm sure you have said it already but what is your power level goal for this car?

700-750 on the stock Gen 3 motor is as far as I can take it.. It only take 7-8 psi to get it there though! Gotta love cubes!

Copper&Black

Established Member
This build touches my feels! My dream since I was a kid was a viper engine 69 Charger w/ a gorgeous leather interior.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
This build touches my feels! My dream since I was a kid was a viper engine 69 Charger w/ a gorgeous leather interior.

This right here ^^

If I yearn for more after finishing this car. I may be looking for a 70 Cuda to drop this power train into.. Fun stuff right there! Gotta finish this first..

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Anything going in the trunk to offset the weight of all that shit? Lol! Seriously can't wait to see this thing finished.

Users who are viewing this thread