(MY!!!) Terminator OIL recommendations and capacities.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
5W30 Royal Purple HPS with Royal Purple Oil Filter.

I just bought the exact same! Hows your car like it? I haven't changed my oil yet and normally stick with motorcraft filters, but figured I'd try the rp one.

SVT Pille

Established Member
5W30 Amsoil SS with their EA filter, nothing but the best for my baby. German Castrol (Syntec 0W30) is supposed to be another awesome oil. Both are fully synthetic, unlike Mobil1 which even though is advertised as full synthetic is made from some natural "ingredients"... Whatever you want to call them.

Blueline

Established Member
I just bought the exact same! Hows your car like it? I haven't changed my oil yet and normally stick with motorcraft filters, but figured I'd try the rp one.

Just changed my oil yesterday after a nice long cruise. I used the reg. Royal Purple 5W30 last oil change with a WIX filter. After I changed the oil yesterday, motor sounded smooth and quiet, same as my last oil change. SO far I like it :beer:

Excessv

Established Member
I have a case of 5W 40 Amsoil left from my SRT-10 is this a bad idea to run in the summer?

I have a case of 5W 40 Amsoil left from my SRT-10 is this a bad idea to run in the summer?

Drop a PM to a member named UnleashedBeast. He's an Amsoil dealer and knows a great deal about the varying Amsoil weights and the implications of using certain ones in our engines.

SVTDice

Established Member
So since I did'nt want to create another oil question, This idea has been lingering on my mind. So how well does Synthetics help warm up times and cold start ups? I always let my car idle for atleast a minute before starting to drive. Underkill or Overkill? I currently run 5w30 however my next change will be 10w30 for the summer. So whats your inputs and do you have any data to show me regarding this? Thanks!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So since I did'nt want to create another oil question, This idea has been lingering on my mind. So how well does Synthetics help warm up times and cold start ups? I always let my car idle for atleast a minute before starting to drive. Underkill or Overkill? I currently run 5w30 however my next change will be 10w30 for the summer. So whats your inputs and do you have any data to show me regarding this? Thanks!

"So how well does Synthetics help warm up times and cold start ups?"

I have no idea what type of "help" you are expecting for warm up times.
Synthetics are documented to run cooler however they can not make an engine run cooler than the thermostat and cooling fans are set for.

On cold starts, better lubricants are well documented to protect better in the absence of oil pressure at initial start up.

SVTDice

Established Member
"So how well does Synthetics help warm up times and cold start ups?"

I have no idea what type of "help" you are expecting for warm up times.
Synthetics are documented to run cooler however they can not make an engine run cooler than the thermostat and cooling fans are set for.

On cold starts, better lubricants are well documented to protect better in the absence of oil pressure at initial start up.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Long story short I got into a argument with a friend about Synthetics and there flow property's during dry and cold starts, The argument happened quite some time ago so its been lingering in my mind ever since. Anyways, He is a die hard "3000 mile conventional" "Synthetics are no better" kind of guy. Anyways, I guess the question mainly was how well does Synthetics protect you DURING warm up times IE Provide better protection during a cold start WHILE Warming up. But you pretty much answered my question in the above post. But my point to my friend is it is absolutely factual that Quality Synthetics provide many added benefits on cold and dry starts versus Conventional due to better flow property's and better lubricating factors.

He is also one of those people that believes Synthetics create oil leaks. I only tried to prove to him that it only "finds" oil leaks that already were there. Him also trying to state that Synthetics cause damage to your seals, so on and so forth.

Anyways, Sorry for not being more clear in my original statement. I just want to know if you think I'm in the wrong for trying to straighten out his mis-informed knowledge of lies, rumors, etc? Anyways thanks for your post back man! :beer:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Long story short I got into a argument with a friend about Synthetics and there flow property's during dry and cold starts, The argument happened quite some time ago so its been lingering in my mind ever since. Anyways, He is a die hard "3000 mile conventional" "Synthetics are no better" kind of guy. Anyways, I guess the question mainly was how well does Synthetics protect you DURING warm up times IE Provide better protection during a cold start WHILE Warming up. But you pretty much answered my question in the above post. But my point to my friend is it is absolutely factual that Quality Synthetics provide many added benefits on cold and dry starts versus Conventional due to better flow property's and better lubricating factors.

He is also one of those people that believes Synthetics create oil leaks. I only tried to prove to him that it only "finds" oil leaks that already were there. Him also trying to state that Synthetics cause damage to your seals, so on and so forth.

Anyways, Sorry for not being more clear in my original statement. I just want to know if you think I'm in the wrong for trying to straighten out his mis-informed knowledge of lies, rumors, etc? Anyways thanks for your post back man! :beer:

I believe you may be wasting your time with that person.
He is unable to distinguish fact from fiction and appears to be also operating with 20 year old misinformation.

SVTDice

Established Member
I believe you may be wasting your time with that person.
He is unable to distinguish fact from fiction and appears to be operating with 20 year old misinformation.

Yeah, I think you're right. Sad thing is he is actually a Cobra owner. Oh well, I honestly think his Cobra deserves a better home. Thanks for your input. Got any last ditch ways that I can throw at him before calling him dead weight? Haha. :bash:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yeah, I think you're right. Sad thing is he is actually a Cobra owner. Oh well, I honestly think his Cobra deserves a better home. Thanks for your input. Got any last ditch ways that I can throw at him before calling him dead weight? Haha. :bash:

It's not really my place to belittle someone who does not understand, but he clearly just does not understand.

The FAQs on the Royal Purple web site actually have all the usual questions and answers and many other oil companies that sell synthetic oil do as well.

http://www.royalpurple.com/why-rp/faqs/

my92gt

Established Member
I'm having a rebuilt motor put in my car next week. What RP break in oil can I use? Also how about priming the engine??

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm having a rebuilt motor put in my car next week. What RP break in oil can I use? Also how about priming the engine??

Use a conventional 10W-30 or a 5W-30.
The Royal Purple version would be RP Break-In-Oil (part #11487, quart bottle).
It's a fully formulated and highly fortified conventional break in oil, but it is NOT an additive, so fill the engine, don't just add it to some other oil.

Users who are viewing this thread