my car "eatoned" my finger, a definite must read!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I know what your going through bro, I chopped the top knuckle off my left ring finger on a piece of aluminum soffit 2 summers ago jumping up to put it back in place on my house, the finger got stuck in and it ripped it off, everytime my heart beated it sprayed blood on the counter at the ER, haha! FYI it regenerated but the underside of the finger still feels strange and sensitive.. If any sickos want me to post pics I will..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep. They had a guy a few weeks before I came in that did the same thing and lost both arms. They called for the Helicopter (healthnet) to come, but it just so happened that there was an ambulance just a half mile away. I ended up being ok, and very, very lucky. The morphine they gave me on the ride to the hospital was a huge help.

This was hooked to the back of a Kubota farm tractor and the PTO - Power Take Off (drive shaft) was spinning at just under 3K rpms. The torque that was produced when I jammed up the works bent a 1" pin a complete 90 degrees that was holding the PTO to the Auger. It grabbed me so hard that it broke a leather belt I was wearing in 3 places at the same time, and tore a large sweater, t-shirt, thermal shirt, thermal pants and blue jeans completely off of me and turned them into shreds. We still have all of the clothes in a bag as a memento of the occasion. ;-) I guess I am just tough skinned.

I bet that every time docbutters sees an engine running with the hood up he approaches a little slower than most would. I know I have that tendency with anything that has moving parts now.

-Jeff
After reading your post I'm now even more amazed that you weren't hurt MUCH worse. Man, that is hugely scary. That bag of shredded clothes will certainly always remind you how fortunate you were. God was looking over you for sure.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
LOL, we always made fun of this sticker before it happened, but now... not so much.

This = Me

Also, note how it appears that the little guy has his arms outstretched like he is having fun...Weeeeeeeeeeee!

800px-PTO_warning_label_01.JPG

LMAO. It does look like that guy is having fun. I never noticed that before. Damn your lucky.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
I sent the pictures that I have to mnewxcv. There's only one from before the stitches and you can see the bone, but it still doesn't do it justice because they already pulled it all back together. Once I yet the pre-op ones from my buddy ill post em.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
that reminds me of how my finger looked 10 years ago when i got it hit with a running lawn mower.. its amazing how we relax when we are comfortable with something. I was mowing my parents lawn and it was thick and damn grass so it got caught in the mower. i bent down to grab the little black protector that says "no touch" like a dummy and my finger slipped right in.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
that reminds me of how my finger looked 10 years ago when i got it hit with a running lawn mower.. its amazing how we relax when we are comfortable with something. I was mowing my parents lawn and it was thick and damn grass so it got caught in the mower. i bent down to grab the little black protector that says "no touch" like a dummy and my finger slipped right in.

Pwned by a lawn mower lol!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh man, those photos are really graphic and I so feel your pain. So you're all set now? No more work has to be done? I hope for your sake you don't.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
Oh no, not done yet. I have to go back in today to see if, after all that tissue was removed, the finger is vascular enough to provide adequate bloodflow to the finger. if not, I could lose it ;-(

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Yummy. That looks kinda like my finger looked after getting ripped open by the blade on a can opener. I was being an idiot trying to throw it into some woods and the blade caught me right on that last crease on my ring finger. Split the tip of my finger wide open. When I chunked it, it felt like something ice cold ran across my finger so my first reaction was to grab my finger. When I let go to look at it, it was squirting blood pretty good, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread