my car "eatoned" my finger, a definite must read!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Damn, sorry to hear. i guess you and your eaton have a serious bond now. did it get caught up in the belt/pulley??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ahh, I've done the same thing once. But, not my finger. My whole body into a post hole digger (of course I did not deglove my body, more or less just comparing the process of doing something stupid that causes traumatic injury and leaves you with a single thought "what was I thinking!". It cut me up, stripped me naked out of three layers of clothes and all. Good times.

No joke, I have a carnal fear of anything that spins now, from drill bits, pulleys, drive shafts, you name it.

Wow Jeff, you were really very fortunate. You could have lost your life, right?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Wow Jeff, you were really very fortunate. You could have lost your life, right?

Yep. They had a guy a few weeks before I came in that did the same thing and lost both arms. They called for the Helicopter (healthnet) to come, but it just so happened that there was an ambulance just a half mile away. I ended up being ok, and very, very lucky. The morphine they gave me on the ride to the hospital was a huge help.

This was hooked to the back of a Kubota farm tractor and the PTO - Power Take Off (drive shaft) was spinning at just under 3K rpms. The torque that was produced when I jammed up the works bent a 1" pin a complete 90 degrees that was holding the PTO to the Auger. It grabbed me so hard that it broke a leather belt I was wearing in 3 places at the same time, and tore a large sweater, t-shirt, thermal shirt, thermal pants and blue jeans completely off of me and turned them into shreds. We still have all of the clothes in a bag as a memento of the occasion. ;-) I guess I am just tough skinned.

I bet that every time docbutters sees an engine running with the hood up he approaches a little slower than most would. I know I have that tendency with anything that has moving parts now.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LOL, we always made fun of this sticker before it happened, but now... not so much.

This = Me

Also, note how it appears that the little guy has his arms outstretched like he is having fun...Weeeeeeeeeeee!

800px-PTO_warning_label_01.JPG

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Damn HISSMAN, that is some scary sh*t. i can only imagine what went through your head at that moment.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Sounds almost as bad as the guy that was cleaning the sprocket on his bike while it was running and lost a couple finger tips

Users who are viewing this thread