my car "eatoned" my finger, a definite must read!

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
A guy I work with, his father just did the same thing on a fan belt but with 2 fingers around the alternator.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
that reminds me of how my finger looked 10 years ago when i got it hit with a running lawn mower.. its amazing how we relax when we are comfortable with something. I was mowing my parents lawn and it was thick and damn grass so it got caught in the mower. i bent down to grab the little black protector that says "no touch" like a dummy and my finger slipped right in.

was it a honda???lol

exdeath

Established Member
was it a honda???lol

Vtec kicked in yo right as he put his finger on it.

OP that doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be. I'd say it was more of bursting the tip of your finger rather than de-gloving. I expected 3 digits :p

Bet it still hurt like a bitch... oh about 10 minutes after it happened.

Last edited:

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
Ok fine, rephrase, I almost degloved my finger. It completly removed the meat from the bone until the surgeon recapped it

wvmystichrome

Established Member
LOL, we always made fun of this sticker before it happened, but now... not so much.

This = Me

Also, note how it appears that the little guy has his arms outstretched like he is having fun...Weeeeeeeeeeee!

800px-PTO_warning_label_01.JPG

Like the sticker I have in my collection from N&S railroad. Its says...Take the ring off and not your finger. They are not allowed to wear wedding rings at work because the machinery has been know to take fingers off.

OP: Now those pics are nasty but at least you did not lose the whole finger.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
First a Killer Whale and now Cobras? The animals are coming the-animals are coming!!!! I better put down the Beagle before she gets any bright ideas off the internet.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have always thought about trying to change my belt while the engine is running. It just seems like it would be quicker. :poke:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't even think about it Jeff. LOL! I've seen guys more than once working close to the spinning belt with a screwdriver or wrench in hand. Makes me nervous when anyone does anything around the engine when it is running. It is just too easy to lose your focus.

Just two days ago I was cutting material for shifter gaskets. I have a cutter with a VERY sharp blade. It has a guard but you can stop the blade on the way up and I did this to clear out a scrap piece. I didn't notice that the blade edge was exposed and I ran my finger along the edge. I felt the blade and didn't want to look at my finger but I had to, of course. It never broke the skin. There was a mark but no cut. Thanks my Lord! He was watching over me. That was scary. I did something similar years ago and lost a good chunk of flesh on my middle finger. Gotta be careful all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread