Lean Protection Module!

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Interested but on the first post it says nothing about the dual input option? Sorry but too many pages to read.

Same on pricing as first post says $100-$150 but on this page it says $349?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Please add me too, im very interested.

Got you down.

Can you put me down for one thank you..

On the list.

Interested but on the first post it says nothing about the dual input option? Sorry but too many pages to read.

Same on pricing as first post says $100-$150 but on this page it says $349?

At the time of introduction the dual input model did not exist. I designed it later on based on user request. I know it's a long thread but it's in there :)

My initial guess on price was $150 but the first post is updated half way through and down lower you see the final finished product which is professionally made. It's a black anodize aluminum enclosure with red screen printing on it and you receive the the wire harnesses that go with it too. The circuit boards and electronics are all professionally made in a factory. The single input model is $299 and the dual input model is $349.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Ok cool, np. I just dont have time to go through all those pages.

Perhaps updating the first post so we know what the current info is?

Whats the need for a dual input?

Thanks

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Ok cool, np. I just dont have time to go through all those pages.

Perhaps updating the first post so we know what the current info is?

Whats the need for a dual input?

Thanks

I've been unable to update that first post in a while. All the recent upgrades svtp has been going though I'm sure has their hands full. Hopefully soon it'll be fixed to where I can update it again.

The dual input was requested by people running dual widebands and they wanted either one of their two widebands to trigger the unit independently.

redstanger

Established Member
I have a complete lean protection system untouched in the box from malcom that im not going to use anymore. Paid $325 so first $325 gets it.....I can ship asap. email me at watsonb61@yaho o.com or pm me.

reason i dont need it is i went pro efi.

Last edited:

trxcobra

Established Member
This may have already been answered, but how does this compare to AEM's wideband/boost failsafe gauge?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
This may have already been answered, but how does this compare to AEM's wideband/boost failsafe gauge?

It has but the thread has grown so big I can't remember where it was looked at. Here's a summary from memory quick.
The LPM is a universal unit that will work with just about any wideband out there and any car as well. It can also be calibrated for your specific throttle and what you'd like defined as WOT for example. This allows you to tweak how quickly or sensitive you want it to consider you in WOT should you wish to.
Also you can program in thresholds for how quickly it should or should not shut you down. Right as you nail WOT there's going to be a momentary delay (in mili seconds) for the injectors to squirt the extra fuel, the wideband to register it etc. You can fine tune this to your car as every car will be a little different.
You can also switch up widebands, change brands etc. as your needs change over time and just reprogram the LPM to the settings of your latest wideband.
The LPM handles 40 amp loads and can be configured in a variety of ways depending on how you wire it up. You won't use every single wire on the wiring harnesses received unless you do some custom setups.

Update
I have great news on the manufacture side of things guys. As you know it's been taking forever to get orders out and I apologize as there's only so fast I can build these. I do have the circuit boards, enclosures and a few other parts professionally produced in a factory but then it's up to me to spend painstaking hours populating the boards with electronics, soldering, building wire harnesses, assembly etc. I'm quite literally up all hours of the night building these things.
I've been holding out on out sourcing the production to one of the factories in China not only for quality control issues but I'm rather proud the unit is made right here in the USA.
Well I found a manufacture right here in Kansas City that I'm currently in the works with and it looks like they are going to be able to produce the circuit boards fully populated, wire harnesses and a few other parts and I will still do finally assembly and quality control. I'm very excited because if this works out we can alleviate the back log of orders and get these out in a reasonable time while still keeping production right here in the US.

Cheers guys, more updates to come.
Malcolm

akeohan

Established Member
Awesome news, I'm sure it would be hard to see your "baby" built with lesser quality. It's good to see USA stamped on products!

Thanks for the update!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Awesome news, I'm sure it would be hard to see your "baby" built with lesser quality. It's good to see USA stamped on products!

Thanks for the update!

I agree. Feels good to support our own economy and you're right I couldn't stand to see the quality fall off after I put so much hard work into it.

This is cool. Quick question. Is that an arduino in the very first picture (page 1)?

Yeah they make great little data logging devices. I have them all over my car collecting various statistics and data.

Awesome news!

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread