I've lost over 40 lbs since winter.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
try weight training ....biggest flaw in women's workouts are lack of weight training ...u aren't gonna get big by lifting because you are a girl and you don't have the test to grow ...so it will just make you burn more calories to repair your muscles and then u will loose fat. Fitness models take in way more than 1000 calories....Basically somehow some way "your doing it wrong" LOL

I do light weight training and cardio. If I eat 2000 calories a day I maintain the weight that I am, which is NOT what I need. I don't want to be a fitness model and I don't have time to do 2 hour workouts every day, so I need to eat less.

CBrowning84

Established Member
Awesome mane! Feels good, huh. How many times a day do you eat? Bump it up to like 5-6 times and it should go even faster :beer:

CBrowning84

Established Member
try weight training ....biggest flaw in women's workouts are lack of weight training ...u aren't gonna get big by lifting because you are a girl and you don't have the test to grow ...so it will just make you burn more calories to repair your muscles and then u will loose fat. Fitness models take in way more than 1000 calories....Basically somehow some way "your doing it wrong" LOL

plus the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism is. :beer:

I do light weight training and cardio. If I eat 2000 calories a day I maintain the weight that I am, which is NOT what I need. I don't want to be a fitness model and I don't have time to do 2 hour workouts every day, so I need to eat less.

Figure out your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) then eat about that in calories. The excess calories you burn during excercise will put you in a deficit. Your BMR is probably around 1500-1700, so 1200-1500 should be good. You're not starving yourself, which is good! Bump it up to 1000-1500 calories spread out over 5-6 meals and it should go faster. :)

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
plus the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism is. :beer:

Figure out your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) then eat about that in calories. The excess calories you burn during excercise will put you in a deficit. Your BMR is probably around 1500-1700, so 1200-1500 should be good. You're not starving yourself, which is good! Bump it up to 1000-1500 calories spread out over 5-6 meals and it should go faster. :)

I'll try that. :beer:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
nice to see your sister supporting you during this time. family support can be key in turning your life around.

PureStang

Established Member
congrats on the weight loss.

i've also been losing weight, just not as fast as you (granted, i know why). i went from 185 junior year of hs -> 195 senior year after FB was over -> gradually up to 230 in college -> 200 my last semester of college -> steadily peaked to 248ish and that's when i decided that was the last straw. i haven't been working out as much as i should but i'm down to 226 and hope to be 205 by november.

this is what happened to me..

In HS i was a lean 160 @ 5'8" during swimming and a 141 for wrestling. once i got into college, my freshman year i went to 200lbs and gradually up to 230 currently. i went to the beach last week and was fed up with only walking like 5 miles (boardwalk) tired me out.

what i need to work on is what i eat, the weights arent my concern since i worked out for 4+ years for wrestling. so i bought this book called Eating For Life. i have only read 6 chapters so far but it seems like good stuff. also has hundreds of recipes (breakfast/lunch/dinner) that are low starch and low sugar stuff.

i wanna get down from 230 w/ 25% bf to about 190 w/ 10% bf.

Paulinator

Established Member

eating less than 1,000 calories a day will cause your body to go into starvation mode and store reserves of all the calories and fats your take in you dont want that. eat 4 healthy small meals a day nothing more than you can fit in one hand. 30-45 min of exercise every day and youll see the results you want. very few people have a hypothyroidism

"What are the most common symptoms of hypothyroidism? Usually the hypothyroid patient is characterized as being slow, dull, obese with dry skin, requiring a lot of sleep. The patient may also be of the opposite extreme. Coldness is the most prominent and absolute symptom, a result of the decreased metabolic rate. If a patient's hands are cold or cool in an inappropriate setting, that patient is hypothyroid. Hypothyroid patients may be overweight or underweight; have dry or oily skin with acne in the latter instance; have dry or oily hair that may be fine or coarse; have reduced intelligence or be very intelligent; have insomnia or hypersomnia; have constipation or spastic gut; bradycardia or tachycardia; absence of sweating or hyperhidrosis; and any of the following diseases. "

Finally, why is such a high percentage, well over ninety percent, of our population relatively hypothyroid? The continental US is practically devoid of iodine, essential for the production of thyroid. When our ancestors started across the continent and left their source of iodine behind, they soon became relatively hypothyroid, the women suffering most because they had to share their meager supply with each succeeding child, and they usually had large families. With each pregnancy, mothers became more deficient and each succeeding child also became more deficient. The larger the families, the faster the incidence of hypothyroidism progressed. As a result, each generation has become more deficient. This explains why the inner city poor of all nationalities have the greater deficiency with their history of large families. The supplementation with iodine only slowed the progression of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism and the incidence of its progression can only be successfully treated with thyroid hormone

SVT2122

Established Member
Props to you. I was 230 last november/december and I'm down around 185-190 now. Great feeling but it's definitely turned into something like crack addiction, not that I'd know...

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
congrats, keep it up! I went from 260 down to 205 to join the Army. Then since then (march 08), gotten down to 180 and staying. I dropped the weight before the army on the, believe it or not, slim fast diet and walking 11 miles a day! Also believe it or not, the weight fell off in only 30 days!

Jack Burton

Established Member
Good work man!

A suggestion if I will. I used to be 5'6" 230lbs, 34" waist, 21" arms, and bench over 400lbs (yes, I know, typical svt poster). Well, I pretty much let myself go. Next thing I knew I was 255lbs, 40" waist, and no training. So, I pretty much turned into a pile of crap.

Now, here is a neat thing I tried. It's not permanent (unless you are disciplined) but it works to knock of the bulk of the weight. You go on a 500 calorie a day diet with a HCG injections every day. You can only have certain meats and veggies. It's not a long term plan, just something to do for 6 weeks and knock a big chunk off and follow through with the rest. I've done it before and lost 35lbs in 6 weeks, without a change in muscle mass.

As I said, it's not the be all end all solution...and yes, once the diet is over you will need to maintain a healthy lifestyle (i.e. healthy diet and exercise) it's just a tool to jump start you goals. It's all discipline, just like you can't take steroids and instantly turn into a body builder.

You have to go to a Dr. for this, but I can attest that it does work. If you need any info or tips feel free to PM me.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Good work man!

A suggestion if I will. I used to be 5'6" 230lbs, 34" waist, 21" arms, and bench over 400lbs (yes, I know, typical svt poster). Well, I pretty much let myself go. Next thing I knew I was 255lbs, 40" waist, and no training. So, I pretty much turned into a pile of crap.

Now, here is a neat thing I tried. It's not permanent (unless you are disciplined) but it works to knock of the bulk of the weight. You go on a 500 calorie a day diet with a HCG injections every day. You can only have certain meats and veggies. It's not a long term plan, just something to do for 6 weeks and knock a big chunk off and follow through with the rest. I've done it before and lost 35lbs in 6 weeks, without a change in muscle mass.

As I said, it's not the be all end all solution...and yes, once the diet is over you will need to maintain a healthy lifestyle (i.e. healthy diet and exercise) it's just a tool to jump start you goals. It's all discipline, just like you can't take steroids and instantly turn into a body builder.

You have to go to a Dr. for this, but I can attest that it does work. If you need any info or tips feel free to PM me.

Is that what they do at medical weight loss clinics, etc? Seems like i've heard of it, also, if a person did that, wouldn't they lose a lot of weight really fast and end up needing a tummy tuck, that kinda thing?

WeakSauz

Established Member
Just wondering man, what does your split look like, as far as what you do on each day in the gym.

Ive been lifting for years, just wanted to see if I could help ya in any way, or if you've got it down pat :)

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Just wondering man, what does your split look like, as far as what you do on each day in the gym.

Ive been lifting for years, just wanted to see if I could help ya in any way, or if you've got it down pat :)

Well, On Mondays I do Shoulders

Tuesdays I do Legs

Wednesdays I do Biceps/Triceps/Forearms

Thursdays I do Chest and Abs

and Friday I try to work on my back and do run an extra mile.

Then on Tuesdays/Thursdays I train from 730-930, an hour of conditioning then an hour of stand up ( Boxing, sparring) or an hour of Grappling. (wrestling, BJJ)

AssassinoGrigio

Established Member
hmm

Well, On Mondays I do Shoulders

Tuesdays I do Legs

Wednesdays I do Biceps/Triceps/Forearms

Thursdays I do Chest and Abs

and Friday I try to work on my back and do run an extra mile.

Then on Tuesdays/Thursdays I train from 730-930, an hour of conditioning then an hour of stand up ( Boxing, sparring) or an hour of Grappling. (wrestling, BJJ)

The shoulders are worked in a variety of exercises- thus there is no need to have a single day solely based on them. When you bench, curl, etc the shoulders are involved in the movement. I tell you this to avoid overtraining, which would happen when you repeatedly exercise your muscles before they have fully recovered.

Splitting the routine this way allows you more regular training, as the day after training your pushing muscles are still recovering, you can utilise and train the pulling muscles.

I would suggest doing a push/pull type of split in terms of how you work muscle groups.. i.e:

Work Back w biceps
Legs
Chest w triceps/shoulders

Working your chest directly after having shot your arms w a tricep workout the day before is unessesary and just wasting time to put it mildly. You would see significantly more gains if you group the proper muscle together rather than continuously training a "spent" muscle group.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread