I've lost over 40 lbs since winter.

tdschst

Established Member
congrats man. i am pretty much in the same boat as you (but not as big, im only 5'9). graduated hs at 165ish but cut from football, wrestling, and track. got into drinking in college and kinda kept with it for a few years. broke my ankle real bad (6 inch plate and 7 screws) and sat on a couch for 8 months. then got back to work and back to the bars with friends. just started a new gym membership about a month ago and trying to get to the point that your at. i weighed in at 176 today but would like to gain my muscle back and cut some fat. hopefully soon i can start to see results like you have seen.

btw, dont take it the wrong way, but you had a HOT gf for being 280!!

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Thanks again everyone! I've been doing a great job of keeping myself motivated, but seeing that my progress motivates others, and seeing how many of you are willing to offer tips and tricks is pretty inspiring, i really appreciate it!

btw, dont take it the wrong way, but you had a HOT gf for being 280!!

thanks man, maybe she just knew i was gonna get motivated haha. She's obviously gotten hotter since then, too, so i guess we're inspiring each other to be the best we can be. She's a great girl!

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
WTF all these positive comments....i am on SVTP right?

not what i expected when i read the opening post + pics...i thought...oh shit this guy is gonna get killed....but damn...im impressed.

1) no one is trying to one up you
2) no one is telling you that your wasting your time
3) more pics of gf
4) no one is making motivational posters of your pics
5) no one has said piihb yet
6) no one is telling you to off yourself
7) people are being supportive and polite....
8) this is a nice change...members being nice and supportive and complamentive
9) more pics of gf
10) usually when someone makes a workout progress thread...it gets hijacked by the 3rd post, with funny pics...then photobucket accounts are hacked, along with facebook and all kinds of pictures are posted...then gf's facebook pictures are hijacked....followed by the you're fat and should off yourself comments and how bad you are doing...only to be followed by the "your not as good as me, i only have .02% body fat and can legpress 2,500lbs and drive a ferrari F40 and my GF is a 17yo swedish model" comments.

good work op. keep it up.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Congrats man, hard works pays off keep it up! Maybe even look into P90X.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. I've done it before but it's not the kind of workout I really like to do, it's more cardio based and I like to do strength training and cardio seperate. Thanks for the suggestion though!

M3xpress

Established Member
When I first started working out I was pretty determined to keep working out to see results, but it wasn't till I really started enjoying it that I knew I'd probably never want to drop it.

Congrats, that's gotta feel good. Keep it up!

03vert70charger

Established Member
Very impressive, keep it up! I was in the exact opposite situation as you. I was WAY too thin. Back in may of 09 I was 170lbs. Doesn't seem that bad but I have a 6'5" frame. After hitting the weights non stop I have gained 32lbs of muscle. It definitely feels a lot better to be in shape, whether you were overweight or paper thin before.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Keep up the good work bro!! Someone once told me for every 20 lbs you lose, you gain a inch of wang, lol. BTW your girl is hawt, congrats!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Keep up the good work bro!! Someone once told me for every 20 lbs you lose, you gain a inch of wang, lol. BTW your girl is hawt, congrats!

hahahaha. A friend of mine told me the same thing.. said she heard it on oprah.. and i think she said 35lbs = 1inch. lol

congrats on your results man! I am at 275 and just started my steady workout. hopefully I have similar results as you.

yellow03vert

Established Member
Good job man, I am also down about 50 lbs I was 310 around May and am about 260 now. I would like to get down to about 220 by next year.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Good job man, I am also down about 50 lbs I was 310 around May and am about 260 now. I would like to get down to about 220 by next year.

Sounds like a good goal

Most people end up not going through with what they start because they start out saying " im gonna lose 40 lbs in a month!" then they lose 10 lbs in that month, get discouraged, put the 10 lbs back on, and then some, and say that diet and exercise isnt worth it, ha.

The shoulders are worked in a variety of exercises- thus there is no need to have a single day solely based on them. When you bench, curl, etc the shoulders are involved in the movement. I tell you this to avoid overtraining, which would happen when you repeatedly exercise your muscles before they have fully recovered.

Splitting the routine this way allows you more regular training, as the day after training your pushing muscles are still recovering, you can utilise and train the pulling muscles.

I would suggest doing a push/pull type of split in terms of how you work muscle groups.. i.e:

Work Back w biceps
Legs
Chest w triceps/shoulders

Working your chest directly after having shot your arms w a tricep workout the day before is unessesary and just wasting time to put it mildly. You would see significantly more gains if you group the proper muscle together rather than continuously training a "spent" muscle group.

I complete agree with you. I think way too many folks are over training and not even giving their body enough time to recover. I'm a "disciple" of Mike Mentzer's training principles. I'm all about less being better and doing forced reps and using other kinds of training principles, but most importantly keep the number of sets way down and spacing out the workouts. Sticking to a regimented schedule rain or shine, just isn't a good thing. The longer in between workout the better. Fort example, I'll do chest or back once every 7-9 days. 5 sets total for chest and 5-6 sets total for back. Weight training done under 20 minutes. I hit it hard with my workout partner, doing some forced reps on those sets and keeping the rest time to 2 minutes in between sets. And that's how you have to do it. You don't need 3-4 sets of the same exercise to tear down muscle and to build strength. 1set of an incline, flat and decline exercise hits it. Throw in 1 set of a fly type motion and then some kind of pullover exercise and you're good.

fangstang

Established Member
try this:
Monday-Chest and Biceps
Tuesday-Legs
Wednesday-Off
Thursday-Shoulders and Triceps
Friday-Back
Saturday-Off
Sunday-Repeat cycle

Plenty of time to fully recover for each body part. This is what I do. You can do your cardio AFTER each workout. I would use Wednesday as a full day off. dont do anything.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
try this:
Monday-Chest and Biceps
Tuesday-Legs
Wednesday-Off
Thursday-Shoulders and Triceps
Friday-Back
Saturday-Off
Sunday-Repeat cycle

Plenty of time to fully recover for each body part. This is what I do. You can do your cardio AFTER each workout. I would use Wednesday as a full day off. dont do anything.

Sounds good man, but doesn't fit my schedule. I don't hit the gym on sat/sun.

Users who are viewing this thread