iPhone 6 / 6+ thread

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'll be trading my Note3 for the 6+.

I know this site primarily leans towards Android devices, but having this Note3 really turned me off that operating system. I'm gonna go back to iOS and be content for my uses.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Im trying to understand why exactly should I make the jump from android. I have used droid forever and use it just fine. My upgrade is up now and I can get a HTC one 2nd gen for 150.

How much will the iphone cost me and would it be worth to change platforms?

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Yeah just saw they the rumors of the large Iphone are true. Definitely makes me take a second look at Iphone again. I'll be switching from my Galaxy S4 to either the I6 Plus or Note 4

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I didnt catch it but did they upgrade the ram?

Android just got bitch slapped

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I don't see much of anything that sets it apart from the high end Android phones, but I'm excited about it because our company uses iPhones so its nice they finally caught up on screen size from 2010. I hate the operating system and being tied to iTunes but I'm not willing to turn down a free phone and contract.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Im trying to understand why exactly should I make the jump from android. I have used droid forever and use it just fine. My upgrade is up now and I can get a HTC one 2nd gen for 150.

How much will the iphone cost me and would it be worth to change platforms?

Iphone 6 w/ 2yr - $199
Iphone 6 Plus w/ 2yr - $299

It's official: Apple has released a 5.5-inch iPhone. Officially called the iPhone 6 Plus, the device is Apple's first entry into the phone-tablet hybrid (a.k.a. "phablet") market. It also released the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, making it Apple's second largest smartphone.
]A few of the other features revealed Tuesday at Apple's event in Cupertino, California

• A faster Apple A8 processor, which Apple claims is 25 percent faster than the previous processor.
  • A better battery life than the iPhone 5s.
  • "Ion-strengthened" Retina HD resolution displays.
  • The iPhone 6 is only 6.8 millimeters thick and the iPhone 6 Plus is 7.1 millimeters — both thinner than the 7.6-millimeter iPhone 5s.
  • An improved FaceTime camera capable of HDR photo and video, and burst mode for selfies.
  • A new NFC payment system called Apple Pay that lets people pay with their iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

The iPhone 6 will start at $199 with a two-year contract, while the iPhone 6 Plus will start at $299. Pre-orders begin on September 12, with phones actually shipping on September 19.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Iphone 6 w/ 2yr - $199
Iphone 6 Plus w/ 2yr - $299

It's official: Apple has released a 5.5-inch iPhone. Officially called the iPhone 6 Plus, the device is Apple's first entry into the phone-tablet hybrid (a.k.a. "phablet") market. It also released the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, making it Apple's second largest smartphone.
]A few of the other features revealed Tuesday at Apple's event in Cupertino, California

• A faster Apple A8 processor, which Apple claims is 25 percent faster than the previous processor.
  • A better battery life than the iPhone 5s.
  • "Ion-strengthened" Retina HD resolution displays.
  • The iPhone 6 is only 6.8 millimeters thick and the iPhone 6 Plus is 7.1 millimeters — both thinner than the 7.6-millimeter iPhone 5s.
  • An improved FaceTime camera capable of HDR photo and video, and burst mode for selfies.
  • A new NFC payment system called Apple Pay that lets people pay with their iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The iPhone 6 will start at $199 with a two-year contract, while the iPhone 6 Plus will start at $299. Pre-orders begin on September 12, with phones actually shipping on September 19.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

thanks, I would opt for the plus if I could since it seems to be similar in size to the S3 or whichever model is closer. I probably would never use apple pay, im paranoid

BlueSnake01

Established Member
6plus.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014_09_09_at_10_54_01_AM.png

I could be wrong but I swore HTC had just released HTC One and One Max….. oh…. its an iPhone 6…

Jokes aside, I wonder how some iPhone users will feel especially when they used to call a lot of android users brick phones

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I had the 1st gen Iphone.. It was a good phone for sure.. I switched to andriod in 2010.. Haven't looked back, but that was mainly due to the screen size.. My main question and concern is going to be the camera/video recording pixels and in HD or not?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I didnt catch it but did they upgrade the ram?

Android just got bitch slapped

Ahh to be clueless.

It pretty much gained nothing on Android in features well, except for the burst/timing mode selfies LOL

Still, about time Apple gave a better competition. IMO their iOS seriously needs a new change but still gotta admit its silky smooth. Good to see iPhone stepping their game up with the NFC chips, I cant wait till this a standard pay.

Also, this has been leaked since the 6th.

[youtube_browser]O6fNBIRgg18[/youtube_browser]

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I had the 1st gen Iphone.. It was a good phone for sure.. I switched to andriod in 2010.. Haven't looked back, but that was mainly due to the screen size.. My main question and concern is going to be the camera/video recording pixels and in HD or not?

8mp camera that will do 1080p in 30 or 60 fps. Or 120/240 fps for slow mo.

http://gizmodo.com/the-iphone-6s-new-a8-chip-is-25-percent-faster-that-the-1632210992

That's just the marketing spin stuff. I'd be more interested in it's bit rate, sensor type etc. It appears the 6+ comes with an optical image stabilizer which will be nice.

BMR Tech

They finally jumped into the phablet world.

I love my Note 3....and was set on the Note 4.....but this 6+ has my attention. The standard 4.7" 6 model, no thanks.

I hope someone I know, grabs one. I really need to check it out in depth - before hopping back on the Apple Train. It's been about 6 years, and I never thought I would go back...

One thing I truly like with my Note, is the integrated Stylus. I am sure most people never even use theirs, but.....I use it all the time, and have a hard time imagining it not being available..

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
glad to see the price is solid. I have been due for an upgrade for about a year now lol.

Looking forward to seeing them in person. I love the bigger screen but also want it to realistically fit in my pocket etc.

Users who are viewing this thread