iPhone 6 / 6+ thread

ThomasL

Established Member
I'm ordering a 6 Plus asap. Dropped my 5 last week and cracked the screen. Perfect timing!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
$299 w/2yr contract for the 6+ 16gb, $399 for 64gb, $499 for 128gb.

Why switch? In my opinion, android is still a hodgepodge OS plagued with the skins of each of the phones manufacturers that take from the "pure" android experience. And if you get a phone with pure Android on it, its a lesser phone (physically, performance specs, etc) than flagship devices (like HTC or Galaxy). I believe that Android is far better if you are looking to modify your phone, iOS best if you wanna just leave it be.

I switched to Android for all the cool shit it can do. I never did any of it, found rooting to be a complete hassle, leaving me with a phone I cant even receive updates for anymore (still cant figure that out, browsed XDA and such, too much shit out there). Id rather just have the ability to one-touch jailbreak and get access to all the app repositories. All I want is free shit and tweaked unlimited-skip Pandora.
Funny thing, I got the same way. Left the rooting long time ago, in fact, my GS3 ran the stock rom. Now I have the GS5, touch wiz doesnt bother me outside of the home screen. I have Nova launcher with Android L enhancements and touch gestures, no rooting needed. Pandora ONE can also be had free with unlimted skips, in fact, you can get almost all Android apps for free without rooting. Nowadays the skins do nothing to do the phone, the internals are soo damn high that the performance hit do nothing to the overall phone.

I agree though, the iPhone's are the best to have for simple usage and I still recommended over Android for simple user.

Its going to be comedic seeing the backtracking from guys saying "anything over 4" screen is excessive and wont fit" to "omg this is the greatest evar!"
I already seen posts of it :lol1:

Gravik

Established Member
Gonna stick with my GS4. If they release an iPod with the 5.5" screen maybe I'll get another Apple product.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ordering a 6+ for my wife as soon as we can as she has been due for an upgrade for a few months now. Just waiting for the new one so she didn't get screwed over paying full price for a 5s just before the 6 came out lol. I will probably get a 6+ in a couple months when my upgrade is ready. My GS3 is ok, but I am ready to get rid of it, too many problems.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Funny thing, I got the same way. Left the rooting long time ago, in fact, my GS3 ran the stock rom. Now I have the GS5, touch wiz doesnt bother me outside of the home screen. I have Nova launcher with Android L enhancements and touch gestures, no rooting needed. Pandora ONE can also be had free with unlimted skips, in fact, you can get almost all Android apps for free without rooting. Nowadays the skins do nothing to do the phone, the internals are soo damn high that the performance hit do nothing to the overall phone.

I agree though, the iPhone's are the best to have for simple usage and I still recommended over Android for simple user.

I already seen posts of it :lol1:

Pretty much the same for me. I have the S5. I rooted it awhile back when towelroot came out but haven't even ever bothered with it. I was all about roms/customize with the S3 and my Note II. However, I prefer Android over IOS for many simplistic reasons. The menus are better. Even if I don't use a lot of the features at least they are not locked away from me in the event that I come across I time where I do want to use something, or change it. I prefer the looks of Android over IOS. There is just something about owning Apple products since launch of IOS and it still not really being far different then it was at launch. It's just boring and honestly my 5S crashed more than my S5. Next route I think I'm going with a phone with less features. I just want good screen/battery and call it a day.

Luckily I have two phones on Edge, about 2 months from each other so If I have buyers remorse on the first one I can switch it out for another one 2 months later every year :)

AAG

Established Member
They still only have 1 gig of Ram. And on top of that Apple gets rid of the 32gb storage yet keeps the dated 16gb storage? LOL @ Apple and also LOL for STILL charging $100 each time to you want a minimal upgrade in storage.

Gravik

Established Member
Way to big. I have a 4s. Its plenty big enough I think. I'm sure the 6 is a nice phone but I like to keep my phone in my pocket. I guess I'm old school like that. lol
I keep my S4 with an otterbox in my pocket. No issues.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Eh. They look promising but I'll hang onto my Galaxy S4 for another year.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
They still only have 1 gig of Ram. And on top of that Apple gets rid of the 32gb storage yet keeps the dated 16gb storage? LOL @ Apple and also LOL for STILL charging $100 each time to you want a minimal upgrade in storage.

I'm going to guess it's because 32GB was the least popular of the devices. I see it the same way. Either I'm getting the base or the best, not the in between. What Apple really needs to do is stop being a bitch and give Apple Devices an SD expansion slot.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I'm going to guess it's because 32GB was the least popular of the devices. I see it the same way. Either I'm getting the base or the best, not the in between. What Apple really needs to do is stop being a bitch and give Apple Devices an SD expansion slot.

This

AAG

Established Member

Base should be 32gb if you're not going to offer an expansion slot now days. IOS + Apps + Updates = not much room left.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Next route I think I'm going with a phone with less features. I just want good screen/battery and call it a day.
Battery for me has been excellent. VERY surprised how much the battery was vs the GS3 considering it has more power and bigger screen. Screen took me a while to get used to as well, was a lot brighter than the GS3 even in auto or low, i love it.

Knowing Apple, if they ever go that route, they will have a special SD card for "i" products only costing $100 for a 16 gb and $100 more for the next in line.

Seeing as they didn't implement the water resistance feature, looks like it will be one of their main points for the iPhone 6s.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Knowing Apple, if they ever go that route, they will have a special SD card for "i" products only costing $100 for a 16 gb and $100 more for the next in line.

Seeing as they didn't implement the water resistance feature, looks like it will be one of their main points for the iPhone 6s.

Exactly, like Apple would ever let you use a run of the mill SD card for $10 to quadruple stock storage, when it conflicts with their tiered internal offerings.

coposrv

Established Member
That screen on the 6 plus looks huge. I really don't see it fitting into my pocket easily.

Users who are viewing this thread