iPhone 6 / 6+ thread

99GreenCobra

Established Member
I have a 5 right now I will probably upgrade in a year or so. Would be hard for me to change. I like apple stuff, its never let me down. Me and my wife both have apple computers, ipads, apple tv's ect.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
The 6 is pimp gonna have to put it on my want list. Wonder how long we will wait before the jail breaks come out

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn. You guys like big phones.

I'm going to hang on to my 5 for a few more years.

BMR Tech

^ Few more years? Holy cow.

I feel odd not upgrading my phone every 5-6 months..lol

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Way to big. I have a 4s. Its plenty big enough I think. I'm sure the 6 is a nice phone but I like to keep my phone in my pocket. I guess I'm old school like that. lol

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
My GS3 has a bigger screen that the iPhone 6. But it's also thicker and waay waay slower.

I use Android for personal and iPhone for work. I'll upgrade to the iPhone6 for work so I can use both. I try to use the appropriate technology for the job.

BMR Tech

All the "big screen" haters are now going to be rocking giant screens. I love it. The irony is strong.

I am a little concerned about the thickness (or lack of) with this new model, honestly.

I tried using the HTC One when it came out, and I could not keep that damn thing in my hands. It was the thinnest phone I've ever owned, and the phone I dropped the most. lol

SBVERT03

Established Member
I have had my 5 for almost two years, so I'm about due for an upgrade. I'll probably go with the regular 6, since I honestly am not a fan of the larger phones. Honestly the size of the 5 isn't too bad IMO, but I probably wouldn't mind it a bit bigger.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
what I see here doesnt change my mind about going back to android. Only good thing is some Iphone lover will still fork over way too much money for my 5S

not being able to use a memory card still, much higher insurance replacement cost + itunes BS kills it for me (im not into rooting phones and all that)

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I will stick with my Nokia Lumia and not be married to itunes, also just added a 128 gig micro sd card.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im trying to understand why exactly should I make the jump from android. I have used droid forever and use it just fine. My upgrade is up now and I can get a HTC one 2nd gen for 150.

How much will the iphone cost me and would it be worth to change platforms?

$299 w/2yr contract for the 6+ 16gb, $399 for 64gb, $499 for 128gb.

Im definitely looking at the 6+ 64gb. Id do the 16gb but without expandable memory that fills up quick IMO.

Why switch? In my opinion, android is still a hodgepodge OS plagued with the skins of each of the phones manufacturers that take from the "pure" android experience. And if you get a phone with pure Android on it, its a lesser phone (physically, performance specs, etc) than flagship devices (like HTC or Galaxy). I believe that Android is far better if you are looking to modify your phone, iOS best if you wanna just leave it be.

I switched to Android for all the cool shit it can do, and mostly the awesome screen size. I never did any of it, found rooting to be a complete hassle, leaving me with a phone I cant even receive updates for anymore (still cant figure that out, browsed XDA and such, too much shit out there), on a phone that has major USB connectivity issues (drivers wont load on 4 out of 5 of my computers), even when I try to use ****ing Kies or whatever faggotry Samsung tries to get me to load on my PC (which is pretty much equivalent to iT00nz at that point). Id rather just have the ability to one-touch jailbreak and get access to all the app repositories. All I want is free shit and tweaked unlimited-skip Pandora.

Now that apple has increased their screen sizes to market demand, ill probably hop trains. So far my Android experience (aside from the actual phone itself) has been less than stellar. Wont even get into battery life issues and the constant necessity to close out everything and wipe the ram just to get 12hrs of standby with 20min of avid FB/svtp on-shitter browsing sessions.

6plus.jpg

Jokes aside, I wonder how some iPhone users will feel especially when they used to call a lot of android users brick phones

Its going to be comedic seeing the backtracking from guys saying "anything over 4" screen is excessive and wont fit" to "omg this is the greatest evar!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread