iPhone 6 / 6+ thread

Stanger00

Established Member
Yeah no shit but this is the best I can get them to run.

Anyone know wtf google play services is and how to stop it? I have it set to only update on wifi to help, otherwise it was like updating everything twice a day it seems.

You were spouting off some shit that made it sound like you know how to make batteries last longer. Your battery sucks, it's replaceable, replace it. They're cheap.

I been at work since 12 and on the same charge 16 hours since it was unplugged.

u3evesa8.jpg

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
So where are you guys located throughout the entire day that doesn't have a USB, wall plug, etc? Just plug the damn thing in and who cares what your battery life is like lol

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So where are you guys located throughout the entire day that doesn't have a USB, wall plug, etc? Just plug the damn thing in and who cares what your battery life is like lol
The charging cable gets in the way when I use it. Besides, I really have no reason to charge it other than overnight. There's a reason for the battery otherwise we would still be stuck with corded phones….
Seriously...and use your damned phone as a phone.
There's a reason why its called a SMART phone… you know… to use it for other things other than calling...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
The charging cable gets in the way when I use it. Besides, I really have no reason to charge it other than overnight. There's a reason for the battery otherwise we would still be stuck with corded phones….

There's a reason why its called a SMART phone… you know… to use it for other things other than calling...

Yeah I know but voice calls aren't painful lol

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You were spouting off some shit that made it sound like you know how to make batteries last longer. Your battery sucks, it's replaceable, replace it. They're cheap.

I been at work since 12 and on the same charge 16 hours since it was unplugged.

u3evesa8.jpg

Eh why replace it?

Its been running the same since after the first month ive had it. The first month was great, after that, downhill. And I didnt start the full deplete/charge process until about 6mo into it but liking the results. Especially compared to how mine runs vs

So for almost 26 months of ownership, not bad IMO. So what, im gonna buy a new battery and in a month be back to where im at? No thanks. Rather just deal with it like I have been pretty successfully and then buy a new phone entirely. I have chargers everywhere since the good thing about these phones is they are standard mini-usb so its not that big a deal. Just a nuisance. FWIW its usually a bit better, I noticed I had on wifi, gps which I usually have turned off (4g out here is better than most wifi's I could connect to anyways).

Thats why I still love the Notes since they have a gigantic battery.

I think too the performance of these phones is far outpacing the batteries that run them, and thats becoming quite an issue.

BMR Tech

Interesting stuff in here.

I purchased my Note 3 when it was released, and use it A LOT.

I charge it every night when I hit the sack, from about 11PM to 5:30 AM.

The battery has never died before I charge it for the night. It starts at 100% in the morning, and usually ends up at 20%~...sometimes <5% if I am playing No Limit Drag Racing a lot, streaming You Tube alot, etc.

As for data, I use T-Mobile. I have true unlimited 4G/LTE. I do not get capped, throttled, etc. I use about 10-15gb per month....but have exceeded 20gb on a few occasions when traveling, etc.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Man, I must have the worst luck with Androids. Lowest brightness level, GPS off, power saving mode on and only using Pandora and Tapatalk throughout the day and my Battery is lucky to last 15 hours before being at 15%. What do some of you do to have 30 hours of talk time, days of usage and standby time?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Man, I must have the worst luck with Androids. Lowest brightness level, GPS off, power saving mode on and only using Pandora and Tapatalk throughout the day and my Battery is lucky to last 15 hours before being at 15%. What do some of you do to have 30 hours of talk time, days of usage and standby time?

I guess buy new batteries every month?

FWIW, GF just surprised me with a Nexus tablet as of 5min ago (just opened the box at work), so ill be sticking with android and go Note4.

LaFlavor

Established Member

Which phone do you use? There is a lot of variation between an LG G2 and a Galaxy Nexus.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member

That's fine and all, but a charge should hold for most of the day. When it gets low, don't use your phone for 20-30 mins and you're good to go at least until you charge it overnight again

I bet there's a small window in there that people don't need to be on their phones where they could let it charge and be done with the whole battery life thing. More battery life is great, totally get that, but it's also simple to just charge the darn thing for a few minutes and disconnect from it

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Which phone do you use? There is a lot of variation between an LG G2 and a Galaxy Nexus.

This was on both my SG3 and Note II. if I used the phones like I used to use my Iphones my battery would be dead in a matter of hours (Facebook, Email, downloading music, etc.)

I've replaced the battery in my Note II already and the new battery is already draining faster and faster.

Stanger00

Established Member

I have memory issues and if I take my charger from home to work there is a 95 percent chance I'll forget it.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
This was on both my SG3 and Note II. if I used the phones like I used to use my Iphones my battery would be dead in a matter of hours (Facebook, Email, downloading music, etc.)

I've replaced the battery in my Note II already and the new battery is already draining faster and faster.

I have a note2 and I use the crap out of my phone and my battery never dies. Are you closing your background apps and clearing your ram?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I have a note2 and I use the crap out of my phone and my battery never dies. Are you closing your background apps and clearing your ram?

At least 3-4 times a week. I never leave apps running and always end multitasking, etc.

I left work with the battery at 100%. I've used the phone for about 30-40 minutes of Facebook, chive and Tapatalk approx. 3 hours and the battery is at 74%. By night time, I'd imagine I'll be at 50% within a matter of 5-6 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread