Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

joshcarp81

Established Member
Well I think with one adjustment we'll be good.
Closes nice with no slop.
You will have to change your safety latches spring to a lighter one. No doubt about it. And if you have hood struts you will have to put on the 56 lb ones. Instead of the factory 88 lb ones.
These were 38.00 shipped from mrt. Way too much pressure with factory ones on. And it's way to hard to try to close the hood with that factory spring on.

Here ya go

94slowbra1

Established Member
here is what mine looks like now. you can barely see it but its on the side opposite of the hook where it curves in. that line used to be straight, thats all i filed off and now it fits perfect. i doubt that is going to affect the integrity
IMG_20160725_215942905.jpg

joshcarp81

Established Member
Everyone who is worried about their hood flying up because of doing this.
Remember, this is just the first latch, there is a second one on opposite side.

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
also you can look under the hood when its seated and pop the latch from the inside with help and on mine the safety latch is seated all the way about 3/4", I don't see the hood flexing sideways too come off the safety latch and mash into the windshield if It did happen to pop up

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I do not like how this looks and it would bother me.

Steve do the latch kits come pre installed or will it be on me to fit and rivet it in?

they come pre-installed. would you prefer to install it yourself? i have two hoods here at my house that do not have the latch kits installed yet. one is full CF and the other is 50/50

I want to apologize to everyone having these problems as well. I just don't understand how I can install the same parts as everyone else and they are all different.....

because you designed and know what you want it to be in the end. everyone else is getting the installation done by an employee at the warehouse who is told "here, rivet this on". its just the joy of having to have multiple people in different areas trying to get things to work together lol. you also busted out a quick fix for us. luckily its pretty easy for people to tinker with it a little. now imagine if these were being sold through AM or something and people weren't in this thread getting help with this. yikes lol.

we've been looking at it over here. i think we're going to tweak it a little for the next time. if there will be a next time. so far ive just lost a bunch of $ here lol :bash::cryying::smmon:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
they come pre-installed. would you prefer to install it yourself? i have two hoods here at my house that do not have the latch kits installed yet. one is full CF and the other is 50/50

because you designed and know what you want it to be in the end. everyone else is getting the installation done by an employee at the warehouse who is told "here, rivet this on". its just the joy of having to have multiple people in different areas trying to get things to work together lol. you also busted out a quick fix for us. luckily its pretty easy for people to tinker with it a little. now imagine if these were being sold through AM or something and people weren't in this thread getting help with this. yikes lol.

we've been looking at it over here. i think we're going to tweak it a little for the next time. if there will be a next time. so far ive just lost a bunch of $ here lol :bash::cryying::smmon:

So Steve if its working for everyone else I'll go with it and figure it out when I get mine in hand.

Thanks for the offer though.

WannaWhine

Alaskan Steed
Established Member
I'm also mildly interested in installing my own latch as well based on what I've read in the thread. No worries if its all done though. My car isn't leaving the garage till 2017. :/

bubblehead93

Established Member
Steve,

Just wondering when my hood will ship. All payed up. Have PM'ed you a few times. No response. Please advise, understand busy, but travel alot... Last comms was to ship...

Thanks

Andy

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
just a little update, i switched over to mrt hood struts from the red line tuning i had previously on my stock hood. i took josh's recommendation and got the 56lb ones instead of the 88lb ones and they work perfect. now i can get rid of the piece of wood i had as a prop. only thing left to do is paint

joshcarp81

Established Member
it's not the opening size of the cover plate. mine works perfect. it's the hood opening. I decided to trim mine up a little more and the backing plates are maybe a 1/16" out past the cover plate. with no mods to the striker itself. Works perfectly. I think even easier to close than the factory hood was. post up some pics when your done.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
I never said it was. Just going to open up the opening in the hood so that the back peace is flush with the opening of the sticker. Mines about 1/4 of an inch.

I just haven't decided if I'm going to use some blind fasteners, squeeze some rivets or some hi locks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
FYI, i have 3 50/50 hoods and 1 full CF hood in stock for anyone interested. regular pricing.

if, IF we are able to do another batch, prices will likely go up (at least on the 50/50s). so ive been told. not to mention how long you'd have to wait for one.

joshcarp81

Established Member
well sounds as you didn't take too much of a beating on this batch to even mention doing it again!
I'm glad you were able to do this for everyone that was involved buddy.
class act guy here!
thanks again Steve.

94slowbra1

Established Member
bringing this back. has anyone installed any type of hood pin on this hood? im looking at doing the aero catch ones. it just seems like a nice safety feature on a lighter hood, especially at high speed.

Users who are viewing this thread