Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we've been talking about it off and on for a year lol (racebronco, 03dsg and i). time to see if we can get this puppy off the ground! and what better time than when people are getting parts money (aka tax refunds) lol

most of you have probably seen Ron's thread of his sick hood that Racebronco custom hand made for him.

rather than me uploading a bunch of pics, just click the link to see them
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?904432-New-custom-hood-on-the-DSG-Cobra

Ron aka 03dsg bought a terminator hood and then gave it to carlos aka racebronco2 with a handful of cash and waited and waited and waited. i believe it took about a year. its a lot of work, and is side work for carlos. so understandable. i saw the thread and contacted both of them. i told carlos that i have an in with a company that can make excellent reproductions of his hood, all day long. in fiberglass and carbon fiber. he was open to it and so was Ron.

so i recently started working on this again. mainly for the gt500 version which is the one i want for my car lol but the deal is the same for the terminator. i can only do one at a time so i will go with whichever has the most interest first. the mold alone is $2k which is my contribution to the project :fart:

Ron will donate his hood to have a mold made of it (the hood is toast after). in exchange he'll receive a cf hood.

three versions will be available.

1. all fiberglass. this would be the cheapest version. would need some prep and paint. but a few hundy less than cf
2. CF/FG mix. this one would likely be the most popular version. Carbon Fiber outer shell with Fiberglass frame underneath. the CF layer is amazing and would not need to be painted (optional). this will be the middle of the road version as far as cost goes
3. ALL carbon fiber. on top and bottom. this is the baller version. this version costs $400 more than version 2! the weight savings over version 2 are probably not that much since FG is still really light.

all the hoods will be functional like a stock hood. fully bolt in and use a latch with it. they will be exact replicas of Rons hood you see in that thread.

in order to get this project off the ground, i need at least 10 people on board from the get go. 10 "guinea pigs" if you will. based on my reputation for quality products and Racebronco's rep for quality design, you cant go wrong. im working with a company that does top notch work and the product is not done until we say its done and good to go. so no half ass products will be shipped.

obviously being the guinea pigs to a product that has yet to be released (although you can see exactly what you are getting) would require some incentive right? of course. so for the first people (10 or more) who get on board there will be a sizeable discount.

im still working on pricing and dont worry, it wont be cheap lol. but neither will the quality be. as you guys know, i do not work with cheap shit products, even if TF is not making them.

im still working on pricing and what the GP discount would be but figure up near $1k. less for FG of course. plus shipping.
we'd just need 50% deposit to get it started. with the rest due when the hoods are done. which would be in about 3 months.

im not asking for any commitments right now. just want to get a good feeler for those who are genuinely interested.

please post up if you are willing and able to jump in. otherwise this wont happen and ron will keep on enjoying his one off custom hood lol.

ill ask ron and carlos to chime in as well :thumbsup:

1. SVT_Troy Fiberglass Deposit
2. bubblehead93 carbon fiber Paid in Full
3. 2003 Venomous carbon fiber Paid in Full RTS
4. Weaselp1 carbon fiber Deposit
5. joshcarp81 PIF shipped!
6. entrenched Fiberglass Paid in Full
7. norcal_03cobra Fiberglass Paid in Full
8. 50Deep CF/FG Deposit
9. Masterjr33 CF/FG Deposit
10. SVT'DUP CF/FG Paid in Full RTS
11. NAangel CF/FG Deposit
12. WannaWhine carbon fiber Paid in Full RTS

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
cool.

ill try to work on pricing and the discount tonight if i can and post up. and once we get 10 people to express serious interest ill post an official thread to collect deposits :beer:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
interested but have a few questions.

1. whats the initial amount needed and how much total?
2. Whats the wait time?
3. Will I be receiving a unfinished or finished hood?
4. Will it have the poem style studs that mount to the hinges?

Tanks a lot,

Troy

pending those answers i can make a deposit when ready.

racebronco2

Established Member
We Cobra owners don't have much of a choice in hoods. I have modded 4 Terminator hoods so far. Everyone that paid me to mod their hood is extremely happy with the outcome. Tiger Racing was an option but it was a lift off hood. When Paul was around he tld me that his hoods were race hoods and did not have the OEM quality. I know a few people whom had the Tiger racing hood grafted onto a Mustang hood structure, it wasn't cheap to have a Body shop to separate a stock hood and use body adheadsive to glue the two back together. The tiger racing hood does not fit the Cobra bumper cover very well. The body gaps were larger than stock too.

racebronco2

Established Member
There is another company making hoods for us New Edge guys but i heard they have had problems with the hoods developing spider cracks in the middle of the hood. My conversation with Steve is that our hood will use better and thicker materials.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Carlos I have wanted one of your hoods for awhile and if this deal goes through I will not miss out!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
interested but have a few questions.

1. whats the initial amount needed and how much total?
im working on the cost. probably 50% deposit
2. Whats the wait time?
likely 3-4 months till theyre ready to ship out. hence why just a deposit
3. Will I be receiving a unfinished or finished hood?
if you get carbon fiber it will be. as i stated above, fiberglass hoods need prep and paint
4. Will it have the poem style studs that mount to the hinges?
i have no idea what poem style studs are. it will be a xerox copy of the stock hood if that answers the question.

Tanks a lot,

Troy

pending those answers i can make a deposit when ready.

sjfslj

racebronco2

Established Member
Pricing???
What is it worth:
To run in warmer temps without having to worry about running hot and going into limp mode while open tracking?

To not have to constantly look at your engine temps while open tracking, having to go into cool down mode when you just passed that C6ZO6?

To run cooler ait2's and engine temps all the time?

To do high speed runs over 150mph and actually take both hands off the wheel and the car goes straight as an arrow? I did it only for a second or two on my way to 172.3 mph in the standing mile. Car was as steady at 100 mph as it was at 172mph.

To out mph most of the stock and slightly modded C6ZO6's in the standing mile at only 520rwhp?

My car and a friends car do have all the cooling mods so your results may vary. At one mile event there was 3 Terminators. Friends car was 490rwhp, mine was at 520rwhp and there was a Whipple terminator at 550rwhp. Same car, same gearing etc. The 490rwhp Terminator was 1 mph faster than the Whipple powered cobra at 162mph, i was at 172.3mph. I was 11mph faster and down 30rwhp.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I'm interested. Please keep me in the loop on this. I can send my stock hood if it helps since I want a Hybrid, and my underside is already Redfire

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
after much discussion and research on other hoods out there, here's what we're looking at:

Retail .....GP pricing ..... 50% deposit

$ 950 ..... $ 750 ..........$ 375 Fiberglass

$1150 ..... $ 950 ..........$ 475 Carbon Fiber top/ Fiberglass bottom

$1550 ..... $1350 ..........$ 675 ALL carbon fiber

if you're game to get in on the ground floor you can save $200! thats enough to cover shipping.

these prices do not include shipping or CA sales tax.

shipping typically runs from $150 to $200 and includes insurance

so, we'd need 50% deposit of the hoods GP price. ie, you want a FG hood, we'd need $375 deposit.

once we have all the deposits needed, we'd be looking at 3-4 months till theyre ready to ship out. possibly up to 2 additional. it takes Carlos longer than that to do 1 lol

**Fiberglass parts always need some prep and paint work. Carbon Fiber does not. you can toss it on as is or have it painted if you want.

these hoods are expensive enough to make that we will likely only have 10 hoods made initially. so when all 10 arrive and someone wants one you will have to wait a few months for the next batch to be made. in addition to need more buyers. after the first batch of 10 i believe the minimum is then 5.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Steve you keep making me want to spend money and I don't get a tax return this year!!

Users who are viewing this thread