Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
bringing this back. has anyone installed any type of hood pin on this hood? im looking at doing the aero catch ones. it just seems like a nice safety feature on a lighter hood, especially at high speed.

I have some aero catch that I need to install too

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Any pics from anyone?
Just what I have

8b57f7618d7ff484638d8ce94946fa49.jpg
f20fb402a6705a8bc879774cc3f97835.jpg
76d00bdc0a80a49589d0e9bce5406acd.jpg
988a8763b963149ac19109b740e37937.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we're going to finally install Rons (03dsg) hood this weekend at unclesams house. he's the guy who donated the original hood lol. he's been waiting to install it. so we'll snap some pics of the install this weekend and he can post his review as well.

i still have some 50/50 hoods and possibly a full FG hood now as well

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
unclesam lives near me. i was driving down the street heading to Tball practice and i noticed a mustang with a crazy looking hood heading towards me about 1/8 mile up the road. i instantly recognized his car lol.

94slowbra1

Established Member
ill have some pics tomorrow when i bring it to a local cars and coffee. so far its been a huge conversation piece at the events ive been to since installing. i realized after talking with a few people that the ones that got one are in a pretty elite group, there is only about 10-15 running around if i remember correctly. i love the styling and the look of the c/f and am now considering not painting due to the fact the the carbon looks so good when it catches the sun. i have yet to use it for what it was truly designed for, cooling and areo at high speeds
long story short, im loving it!

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'll have some carbon fiber bits to add next week from carbon driven. they are having a sale right now so I grabbed a few things.

i have the c/f side splitters from carbon driven and they look great with the hood. he has a few other small pieces im looking at but i dont want to go overboard. what pieces are you installing?

joshcarp81

Established Member
i have the c/f side splitters from carbon driven and they look great with the hood. he has a few other small pieces im looking at but i dont want to go overboard. what pieces are you installing?

just the fog bezels from them for outside. already have the side scoop inserts. that's all I want for exterior. I ordered the door cups, instrument bezel surround and the door switch pieces for inside.

racebronco2

Established Member
Pics of the cars look great. Have you guys in cooler climates, noticed the engine temps stay really close to the thermostat opening temps.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Cooler temps, what's that? It was 80+ here today. But to answer your question I have noticed the recovery time is less once the fans kick in. And as soon as I start moving interstate speeds it drops to thermostat opening temp rapidly.

joshcarp81

Established Member
my car hasn't moved since beginning of September. Just been crazy with jobs and a new dog. So I can't comment on cooler weather either. it is suppose to be a high of 38 tomorrow!

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member

any pics with the hood and the side splitters? I have the splitters sitting at home and now waiting on the hood.
would be great to see how the combination looks like!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I finally got mine on the other day thanks to Sam and Steve. I took a few quick pics but not with the hood shut all the way. I will drag it out to the daylight on Turkey Day. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread