Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

94slowbra1

Established Member
any pics with the hood and the side splitters? I have the splitters sitting at home and now waiting on the hood.
would be great to see how the combination looks like!
I'll get you some in a few days. I'm out if town right now. The hood and splitters go great together

94slowbra1

Established Member
best pic i have right now, yea i know it isnt the best
IMG_20161119_130229242_HDR.jpg

2003 Venomous

Established Member
Does anybody know what size the mounting bolt thread is on these new hoods? I have one that is still in its box, but when I inspected it from the freight company I noticed it was missing one. I have somebody coming by to help install the hood and I dont want to have to chase hardware. Not sure if the stock hardware will work or not but one bolt snapped on me rendering it useless and I was careful as I could be. Thanks for the help

2003 Venomous

Established Member
It's the same size as factory
Thanks for the response. Can't wait to hang this thing on the car!!! Did you use an alternate latch method in addition tot the factory latch? Many are going with Aerocatch option bit Im not wanting to cut into my hood that much...

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Thanks for the response. Can't wait to hang this thing on the car!!! Did you use an alternate latch method in addition tot the factory latch? Many are going with Aerocatch option bit Im not wanting to cut into my hood that much...

I'm stuck between the aerocatch and doing the old school pins and just powder coating them black

2003 Venomous

Established Member
I'm stuck between the aerocatch and doing the old school pins and just powder coating them black

Same here, either option is a good one as the hood is so much win!!! Your car looks great unpainted CF. Mine will be OW unpainted as well and match my rear decklid.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Thanks to Steve and UncleSAm I got mine on and out in the world:

20161218_151214%20-%20Copy_zpsot6cvl3s.jpg

20161218_151310%20-%20Copy_zpszhikaiic.jpg

20161218_151242%20-%20Copy_zpsd0epttaz.jpg

Cell phone pics aren't the best at capturing the weaves of the carbon, but it does look pretty killer.

94slowbra1

Established Member
man everytime i see some pics of these hoods posted im so glad i got in on it. cant tell you how many people ask about it when im at shows or anywhere for that matter. i was leaning towards painting it but the more i look at it i think im going to leave it CF.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I finally got my hood, it made it safely all the way to Germany, YAY!!!
Looks awesome, can't wait to get it on the car! First the engine swap though... and find out what actually fits under the hood *doh*
Hood.jpg

Hood2.jpg

badmpg03

Established Member
Wanted to bump this. Very interested in a hood and have cash now.
Are there any left over or are you guys planning another run?
Thanks,

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Wanted to bump this. Very interested in a hood and have cash now.
Are there any left over or are you guys planning another run?
Thanks,

yes we have a few left but very limited. the only way id do another run is if there were enough people interested. i dont have an extra $10k to put down to sit on hoods in inventory. and we need a minimum number of hoods to make a batch. i believe it was 10.

i have a few pms to return about these. ive discussed them with quite a few people but nobody has stepped up. i dont know if people are thinking they can grab them for the GB price but that would not be fair to the people that waited a year for their hoods OR myself who invested quite a bit of money into this project and has to sit on them. i havent even covered the cost of the mold.

Users who are viewing this thread