Intake Spacers (revisited)...

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Why not just remove the liner? Sure you've thought of it, just asking! It's a good thing you didn't have to lower the K, a lot of changes there to do that properly.

Good News! I trimmed my hood, the blanket, and I now have 1" clearance by the throttle body and 0.75" at the intake tube. The vacuum tube going into the spaceship above the EGR has 0.65" clearance with the hood.

This means that I do not need to drop my k-member 0.5" like I wanted to, and this is a green light to install the spacer at my buddy's dyno.

Trimmed about 0.5" here (hack job for now.. I need some fiberglass coat to cover the trim) job:
285410.jpg

This is the "before":
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/369/6670/98212.jpg

:rockon:

Roy

Established Member
Let me know how the rpm increments work out for ya Kevin and it was good talking to you again the other day. Man, ya'll saw some wild racing on the last 10.

Roy, I tried to call you the other day.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

Sorry man, I didnt get the message. I'll call you later today.

2001asp

Established Member
Did anyone else ever get any dyno results? I just ordered mine the other day. Will I need to get my car retuned. The only other mods I have done to my Cobra since the tune was Gears and alum. flywheel. Not much right? But I guess the spacer will change some parameters.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I'm all set and ready to get mine done, problem is I'm trying to get a dyno appt right now but RET tuning is difficult to get a hold of and I'm looking for other alternatives here in SoCal.

Anyone in SoCal have any suggestions on where to go?

Solo500

Established Member
You'll need a tune because it'll lean your a/f out a bit.

Did anyone else ever get any dyno results? I just ordered mine the other day. Will I need to get my car retuned. The only other mods I have done to my Cobra since the tune was Gears and alum. flywheel. Not much right? But I guess the spacer will change some parameters.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I'm all set and ready to get mine done, problem is I'm trying to get a dyno appt right now but RET tuning is difficult to get a hold of and I'm looking for other alternatives here in SoCal.

Anyone in SoCal have any suggestions on where to go?

I have heard of racer's edge tuning also. Seem to have a limited schedule from 10:00-05:00 during the week and usually no weekends. That's a 35 hour work week and likely they take a lunch.

JBA(exhaust guys) and Dante's tuning are in San Diego. I cannot recommend either one because I have never gotten a tune from either.

Just throwing names out for you to research how solid they are. JBA is $400.00 with your own handheld(SCT) I believe. Dante no idea and not even sure if he does tunes often?

SVECobraR

Established Member
Just wait it out for Greg, RET, it's worth it. And try calling and leaving a message during business hours. He picks up every time i call, you can also pm him here, his username is Greg1320' i believe.

Established Member
Just wait it out for Greg, RET, it's worth it. And try calling and leaving a message during business hours. He picks up every time i call, you can also pm him here, his username is Greg1320' i believe.

Yeah, Greg and I are buddies. He also buys from me sometimes. ;-)

I left him a thread in his vendor section on our local board:

[ame=http://lamustangclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604]Greg, I need a dyno run - Lost Angels Mustang Club[/ame]

Ken

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
I haven't read through all of this thread but, is there a summary of before/after dyno results with the spacer?

Established Member
I haven't read through all of this thread but, is there a summary of before/after dyno results with the spacer?

Here you go from page 4:

Ok everyone, here are the results. i was very happy with what my car put down and even happier after the KarKraft intake spacer. i did 2 base runs after resetting the ecu and performing drive cycle's as requested, and reset ecu after install and performed drive cycle's one more. The car gained power and torque through out the whole powerband, and extended my usable power as well. i will go back to the shop this week and get another printout of afr and torque as well. afr stayed very constant through all runs. starting at about 13.0 and going up to 13.4 :beer:

Mods:
K & N filter
Bassani off road X
SLP Lm catback, But with Borla XR1's Mufflers installed
Programmer
KarKraft intake spacer :rolling:
4.10 gears

Picture of the beast lol
dyno.jpg

Baseline run
scan0001.jpg

After intake spacer compared to baseline
scan0002.jpg

2001asp

Established Member
I was just reviewing the dyno graph above and for the mods he has that Cobra is movin out.....You see my mods list below and my dyno graph is identical,,except I had the o2 sensors turned off and I did not have the Alum =. Flywheel at the time. My torque was 335 which I would like to atleast stay there. But I would be pretty happy with 325hp/340tq.

01bluesnake

Established Member
ya, i was very happy with my numbers,thanks. im going to to head back to the dyno this weekend cause i just installed my kooks header and x pipe. hopefully i will see some decent gains, but i know i will definitely need to tune it soon, just have to buy a new tuner.

2001asp

Established Member
ya, i was very happy with my numbers,thanks. im going to to head back to the dyno this weekend cause i just installed my kooks header and x pipe. hopefully i will see some decent gains, but i know i will definitely need to tune it soon, just have to buy a new tuner.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

svt98snke

Established Member
Good News! I trimmed my hood, the blanket, and I now have 1" clearance by the throttle body and 0.75" at the intake tube. The vacuum tube going into the spaceship above the EGR has 0.65" clearance with the hood.

This means that I do not need to drop my k-member 0.5" like I wanted to, and this is a green light to install the spacer at my buddy's dyno.

Trimmed about 0.5" here (hack job for now.. I need some fiberglass coat to cover the trim) job:
285410.jpg

This is the "before":
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/369/6670/98212.jpg

Thats good to hear, I was wanting one but with the CAI issues I figured there would be no way a spacer would fit. I might order one and see if I can get it to work with my 98 hood also. I just dont want to hack up underhood too much

edswhite99

Established Member
INTAKE%20SPACER%20005.jpg

I thought someone said Karkraft went out of business? Their site is seemingly still up and running. I emailed sn95guy to order a spacer. Is this everything needed for install?

Last edited:

cosmo421

Established Member
i put a 1/2" mmr spacer on my 96 cobra that runs consistant very low 12's @ 114+ mph last week. if we ever have a nice friday here in md i'll be back at the track and let you all know what happened.

jt

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
What else is done to it? I know just a spacer is what is making it run like that.

i put a 1/2" mmr spacer on my 96 cobra that runs consistant very low 12's @ 114+ mph last week. if we ever have a nice friday here in md i'll be back at the track and let you all know what happened.

jt

Users who are viewing this thread