Intake Spacers (revisited)...

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
ok so i got caught up with the back and forth of this thread but i don't think i actually found an answer to install or not a spacer and if so then how much...did this ever get cleared up?

Get one, it's $80 bucks and you'll be glad you did.

Anything else? :shrug:

:burnout:

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i don't still don't know who won that fight...i think your car might have won lol

The car i broke was my friends Ls1 SS...(way before i knew you) i told him i was gonna cut a 1.5 60 on his 10 bolt leaving on the spray or it was gonna puke the rearend all over...i didn't get very far lol

hahaha... yeah i knew you wasnt talking about my car that time, but i had to mention that there has been more then one car get abuse by the mighty hands of teh Double O

btw... sucks you moved just before my car comes out of retirement :rockon:

Jamie R.

Established Member
James I would like to and was hoping I would not be working to go on the cruise streecarforums is having up there, but as I always am, I am working that weekend. If you are going back down to tampa again holler 'cause I'm not but 40 miles from valdosta. I still would'nt mind trying that street tire race again because it was fun.

Chris you are actually going to drive that damn car again!!!!:)

Jamie R.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Sounds good man. i am hitting tampa this weekend. If I get out of there soon enough I will give you a call on Sunday. Maybe ride through Moultrie for a minute. The offer stands if you need a place to crash for the night though. I live 10 minutes from the track.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Give me a holler and you can see what a 4.30 gear pulls like. You can stay here also because we have a house back by the shop.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.

Established Member
I have never changed a gear out James, but I do have a shop and a lift if you know how to change a gear set out, you are more than welcome to use it. I take it back about the gear, I have changed the gear out in the little backhoe at work. The back hoe only goes about 2 or 3 mph so I could'nt mess that up to bad;-)

Jamie R.

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
I have never changed a gear out James, but I do have a shop and a lift if you know how to change a gear set out, you are more than welcome to use it. I take it back about the gear, I have changed the gear out in the little backhoe at work. The back hoe only goes about 2 or 3 mph so I could'nt mess that up to bad;-)

Jamie R.

you can follow the haynes manual for that...the first time i ever did it was with a haynes manual and it was real specific and simple to the point

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
Hmmm. Good point SVTpower! lol

yeah its super easy...i have seen guys that are doing motor rebuilds and putting eatons on just about everything but haven't done gears...gears about as easy as it gets...just nuts and bolts and some c clips no sensors no wires nothing crazy...even shimming them is not hard at all...sometimes time consuming but very easy

Users who are viewing this thread