Intake Spacers (revisited)...

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I know I'm behind the ball here, but anyone know where a spacer can be purchased? Karkraft's site doesn't have anything but carbed modulars on it.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
For the record

I lost 1-3hp and TQ from the low end to peak, i did gain some after peak (both TQ and HP)

The install was fine, i had no leaks, and i reset the puter before the dyno runs with the intake spacer

My car just DID NOT like it for the most part (car had just a catback and midpipe) however comma i did pick 2 10ths in the 1/4 and 2mph (consistantly) due to fact that the power dropped off less after peak

i only had it on my car for a few months and then well the KB showed up lol

01bluesnake

Established Member
For the record

I lost 1-3hp and TQ from the low end to peak, i did gain some after peak (both TQ and HP)

The install was fine, i had no leaks, and i reset the puter before the dyno runs with the intake spacer

My car just DID NOT like it for the most part (car had just a catback and midpipe) however comma i did pick 2 10ths in the 1/4 and 2mph (consistantly) due to fact that the power dropped off less after peak

sometimes extending the power band is worth the minor loss hp and torque. good to hear it allowed you to run faster in the 1/4 mile, then just saying it's junk lol. every car will have different gains. :)

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
For the record

Dude!!!

After trashing it all these years, you now offer a "revelation" about it?

You're backtracking and trying to make it seem like it was a good mod overall because of the mid gains, but want to mention that your car did not like it.

WTF??

I doubt that you did reset the computer.

:nonono:

It's because of YOU singlehandledly that this mod was written off as a loss mod on our cars and every mention of it, you hopped in to talk crap about this mod.

I blame YOU for all the trash talking about these spacers.

Just say NO to the intake spacer

do a search in here and you will likely find my dyno sheets from when i did a same day dyno comparison with and without the spacer

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/345104-intake-spacer.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...7-php-intake-spacer-installed-today-pics.html

You now claim you had it on for a few months, then why did you previously and very clearly, state that you only had it on for about a week?

I lost power (4-8)RWHP and same for RWTQ from throughout the power band. At peak i lost about 1RWHP. I did however gain about 5 RWHP after peak from about 6500-6800. My car also liked to backfire after i put on the spacer. I had it on there for a total of about 1 week.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/224213-php-intake-spacer-where-get.html

Others have called you out on your advice:

Sorry to pull rank on you here, but everone on here that knows anything about automotive mechanics KNOWS that your reasons for backfiring, poor idle and (most likely the reason for your losses) has to do with an 'air leak' under one (or all) of the following scenarios:

Poor seal of the spacer: either by improper machining, warping etc
OR your improper installation of the product: not torquing down properly or not 'cross torquing' the bolts. I'm not trying to be a pain here, but i've seen you post your misleading information for about a year now. I dont think you ever understood why you had issues. But its all about improper sealing of the spacer and thats it...

PS: mine worx great...

Sold with 1000 miles:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/vehicle-parts-sale-193/147759-01-cobra-parts-sale.html

Alright i hope this helps all of you who are trying to decide on whether buy one of these.

i didn't loose any power up top but i did loose a consistant 3-8 RWHP from 2k up to 5700 Power did increase from 6400 to 6800 but +3-5

I lost 4 TQ at peak and a 4-9 RWTQ from 2K to 6800

My A/F stayed pretty good

My car now hitches at 2k in each gear and has backfired a few times as well

In short i am pretty pissed about it

laters
Mike

Why would your car backfire and idle at 2K in each gear? Vacuum leak dude..OR incorrect computer settings/readings. You either installed the thing incorrectly OR you did not reset the ECU and then trash talked it because of your failure to do a proper install.

All in all, you've contradicted yourself way too much here dude, no sense in trying to backtrack any further.

Ken

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
blame me all you all you want i don't really give a shit

i DID reset the puter and i HAD NO LEAKS..the car was OK at WOT but it sucked balls in normal driving

like i said my car just didn't like it...i was the first new edge guy to do that mod on here and i posted my results and views on it...don't like it??? i really don't care

how did i contradict myself??? i said my car disliked the mod from the beginning, i said i gained some power and TQ after peak from the beginning, i posted a dyno sheet like 4 times, i lost 1-3 hp in some places, 3-5 in some and up to 8 in a few others...the dyno sheet i posted was my best and closest comp of the 6 pulls i did that day. I did 3 before the mod, and 3 after (time was about two hours between the pulls)

yes i gained some ET and MPH

Did i say i disliked the mod??? yeah i did and if i had to do it all over again i wouldn't buy it this time around either.

Spend 80 bucks and get the ****ing thing...it's your money. Jesus christ don't let people tell YOU how to spend your money especially people on the damned internet

here is the funny part i sold the entire setup to a guy (upper, Lower, and spacer) who was doing a turbo build on his 03 Cobra...he slapped it on and the car ran just fine, the dude never even took it apart so i know there was no leaks...if there were the 22psi he was shoving though it would have shown a leak real quick,,,sadly that car went bang due to a oil pump failure though

lemmie guess you wanna argue about throttle bodies and oil filters next huh?

Last edited:

Established Member
Blah, I lied and lied....

:lol:

Read the thread again. I already have a spacer ready for install to do a before and after. I'm waiting for a dyno opportunity at my buddy's shop.

774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif

No, I wanna blame you some more. Your contradiction speaks for itself.

:lol:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
oooh boo****inghoo somebody disagrees with me on the interwebz wah wah wah

oooh look i can do that too

so where did i lie again and most importantly why would i lie about it?

i posted the friggin dyno for christs sake, i had a bad experience with the spacer big deal...did you lose money because of my experience or what i said about the spacer???

Last edited:

Established Member
oooh look i can do that too

so where did i lie again and most importantly why would i lie about it?

i posted the friggin dyno for christs sake, i had a bad experience with the spacer big deal...did you lose money because of my experience or what i said about the spacer???

Seriously, if you cannot understand what I'm trying to tell you, I'll try it as plain as I can...and if you want, you can read it extra.....s l o w l y....

If you do not have enough wits to install a part/mod as simple as this, and can only manage to screw up in the worst possible way, then do not go around bashing the mod because of user installation error.

It's as simple as that.

Comply

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i never had a intallation error with the damn spacer! why is that so hard for you to understand

every car reacts differently to mods...especially combinations thereof

let me spell it out for ya i only had a catback and a midpipe when i did that install...THATS IT...perhaps the paper filter and stock ****ing inlet didn't help who knows...all i know is i was promised some numbers and they didn't come to fruition

we checked for leaks, we checked everything...it's not my fault my car didn't make the numbers with your beloved spacer

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
For the record

Jeez dude, that is pretty damn lame. Three years we've all been reading about how you lost power and didnt like the mod all the while forgetting to mention you picked up 2 10ths and 2 mph consistently? What the hell? We dont race dyno's, people would kill to pick up those kinds of numbers with a $100 mod even if it is hard to believe. You can argue all you want but that sucks.

Todd

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Jeez dude, that is pretty damn lame. Three years we've all been reading about how you lost power and didnt like the mod all the while forgetting to mention you picked up 2 10ths and 2 mph consistently? What the hell? We dont race dyno's, people would kill to pick up those kinds of numbers with a $100 mod even if it is hard to believe. You can argue all you want but that sucks.

Todd

you're right WE don' trace dynos but alot of people here do (why i don't know)

even though i picked up some ET with it i still didn't like the mod because of drivabilty issues that i experienced...i said in the very first post like 5 years ago that i picked up power over peak

i'm sorry i didn't put the track numbers in there way back when...i was busy with deployments and a lot of other things then

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
OK

after diggin through all my old crap (papers, dyno sheets, time slips)

i installed the PHP spacer in early Aug 04, made my passes in mid September and took it off the first week of OCT when i installed the KB

Established Member
you're right WE don' trace dynos but alot of people here do (why i don't know)

even though i picked up some ET with it i still didn't like the mod because of drivabilty issues that i experienced...i said in the very first post like 5 years ago that i picked up power over peak

i'm sorry i didn't put the track numbers in there way back when...i was busy with deployments and a lot of other things then

OK

after diggin through all my old crap (papers, dyno sheets, time slips)

i installed the PHP spacer in early Aug 04, made my passes in mid September and took it off the first week of OCT when i installed the KB

:nonono:

You are not off the hook regardless of what you say

Jamie R.

Established Member
OO if ya did'nt like it that's cool with me, I have no issue. I figured he would have at least liked the fact that you unhooked the battery to reset that freakin' computer he so religously likes to unhook. I posted my results to and all I caught was bs from him. I have a good question for the almighty battery unhooker...you ever ran that car?????

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Established Member
OO if ya did'nt like it that's cool with me, I have no issue. I figured he would have at least liked the fact that you unhooked the battery to reset that freakin' computer he so religously likes to unhook. I posted my results to and all I caught was bs from him. I have a good question for the almighty battery unhooker...you ever ran that car?????

Jamie R.

Are you high? :poke:

Nah, no need to edit this.. :)

Last edited:

Jamie R.

Established Member
Yeah I am high... higher up the et list than you, but I would obviously not know anything about getting one of these cars to run as good yourself. Just like OO could care less, I could care less also. Just make sure you unhook that battery when you get on the dyno and you should prolly unhook the battery before and after every pull, just so you stay consistent with resetting that computer.:lol1:

Jamie R.

Established Member
Yeah I am high... higher up the et list than you, but I would obviously not know anything about getting one of these cars to run as good yourself. Just like OO could care less, I could care less also. Just make sure you unhook that battery when you get on the dyno and you should prolly unhook the battery before and after every pull, just so you stay consistent with resetting that computer.:lol1:

ditto, thanks for the advice

[edited by me 006]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread