I thought the mustang was what I wanted

jaxbusa

Established Member
Is the interior of the 4 door Jeep big enough for the family? I’ve never been in one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I think it's more of a financial issue.

OP if you can afford it, throw some boost at the 18 GT and reduce it to weekend duty. My car just turned a year old and has 2900 miles on it.. it's just a toy, makes a lot of power, and is very fast at the track---even at shit bag Fontana drag strip.

Boy oh boy do i enjoy getting into that thing and letting it eat. BTW, my kids ADORE it too... and i have 4 of them. Wife tolerates it because she knows this stuff is my passion.

If you can afford it, build it and make it more fun.

If you are having trouble affording it, dump it, take your losses and start over. Unfortunately, Mustang GTs are worthless and you'll take a bath on it.

I told my wife, if we ever moved to a warm climate I'm going to buy another Mustang/Cobra and daily drive it. Life is too short. I don't own a GT350 or GT500, just a GT PP with exhaust, CAI, tune and some cosmetic stuff, but daily driving a manual 450 hp car to work puts a smile on my face everyday around 7:30AM. :) I have put 4,000 miles on it since June, so we still cart the kids to practices, school, etc. in another (more sensible) vehicle.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I told my wife, if we ever moved to a warm climate I'm going to buy another Mustang/Cobra and daily drive it. Life is too short. I don't own a GT350 or GT500, just a GT PP with exhaust, CAI, tune and some cosmetic stuff, but daily driving a manual 450 hp car to work puts a smile on my face everyday around 7:30AM. :) I have put 4,000 miles on it since June, so we still cart the kids to practices, school, etc. in another (more sensible) vehicle.

it's all about smiles per the gallon! We have a suburban and tahoe for family duties and I have my toys...you can have a shitty day brightened considerably by your hotrod!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
it's all about smiles per the gallon! We have a suburban and tahoe for family duties and I have my toys...you can have a shitty day brightened considerably by your hotrod!

As soon as I start it in the morning, I'm in a GREAT mood. Roush full exhaust takes the throaty V8 to another level.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
God, even planning a big dollar build is fun. I do have nervous butterflies when ordering high dollar parts. But then I think about what those parts will let me do... then I still freak the **** out about spending the money. But I start to smile too haha

cbr repsol

Established Member
I don’t need that large of a truck.
Looking at f150s with a 5.0 or raptor they can get up to 50 to 60k as well . So my thoughts were to go f250 since they are around the same price.

cbr repsol

Established Member
As far as financial I can afford both car payment. Not saying I’m rich or anything because most of us are a paycheck away from not eating. I do ok and work night shift. Pull in about 75k on paper. I work nights so I can work on cars during the day. That usually get me about 10 to 15 k extra a year depending on how many cars I get . I occasionally buy cars , fixem and sell for a profit. Sometimes it’s really good and sometimes it’s a lot of work for not much return. But all and all I enjoy it.

cbr repsol

Established Member
There is nothing I dislike about my new mustang . The plans were to add boost to it for more enjoyment. I was hoping it didn’t develop the “tick” some are experiencing. That’s why I’ve held off on adding the boost . Didn’t wanna have issues and no warranty .

I had talked to the wife about a f150 and she’s a no go . We had a lifted 250 which she loved . She actually cried when we sold it but it was a huge money pit 6.0

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I had fun cars and raised kids. At a certain point the kids are off doing their own thing and it's just you and the wife. I liked having the car as barrier for me and the wife to escape together. You need to date your wife and do alone stuff or else you're just running a 24 hour daycare together.

Having said that I will say I enjoy taking my F-150 on road trips and pretty much everywhere. It rides like a car, it's comfortable, gets good mpg's. It fits in most all places a car does and most places a Super duty don't. Victorian hotel parking lots, downtown, Atlantic City parking garages, random trails in the back woods of Maine.
If I could do it all over again I would've gotten a Platinum F150 with the 5.0 and 10 spd and put a Whipple on it.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Kid car seat situation is decent now.
My oldest is 10 so she’s good. Middle daughter is gonna be 8 next month ,so no more booster. Youngest is gonna be 3 next month so still in car seat. Jeep ,4Runner and corolla have plenty of room for all the girls.
I don’t really wanna get screwed on the mustang so I might just have to enjoy it.
The Jeep is only 3 years left on payment and I actually have a year of payments in under the mattress . Lol
So I think I could endure the next few years on the loan till paid for.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Kid car seat situation is decent now.
My oldest is 10 so she’s good. Middle daughter is gonna be 8 next month ,so no more booster. Youngest is gonna be 3 next month so still in car seat. Jeep ,4Runner and corolla have plenty of room for all the girls.
I don’t really wanna get screwed on the mustang so I might just have to enjoy it.
The Jeep is only 3 years left on payment and I actually have a year of payments in under the mattress . Lol
So I think I could endure the next few years on the loan till paid for.

Seems like you will easily be able fit your 2 older girls in the Mustang for quite a while. You could spin it as a daddy-daughters hobby to go to car cruises and car shows. The little one probably wouldn't be entertained long by such events anyway.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
F150 four door.

I own a F250 dee-sil, and the mileage stated above is correct (like 15.7 mpg) and dee-sil is like $1.00 a gallon more than gas here.

Unless you tow, go F150. Get bored?, put a blower on it.

E

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
F150 four door.

I own a F250 dee-sil, and the mileage stated above is correct (like 15.7 mpg) and dee-sil is like $1.00 a gallon more than gas here.

Unless you tow, go F150. Get bored?, put a blower on it.

E
Mine already came with two little snails.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
When my kids were younger I went the CTS V route. I learned that I can't enjoy my toys without including them (5 seater). In your case I would have gone 392, I never liked the current gen Mustang. Charger is the best of both worlds. The truck is a great option too but can add up as you know with truck mods.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you can get out of the Mustang without a loss it will be.. a loss.
Profound

Op, it seems you’re lamenting your purchase, so just dump the Stang. Perhaps hold off on replacing it until you’re confident in what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread