I thought the mustang was what I wanted

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Profound

Op, it seems you’re lamenting your purchase, so just dump the Stang. Perhaps hold off on replacing it until you’re confident in what you want.
:D Its a specialty of mine.

I still dont know how people can recommend just selling a car that someone is underwater on. If cash flow wasnt an issue, then they wouldn't likely be in trouble to begin with.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
:D Its a specialty of mine.

I still dont know how people can recommend just selling a car that someone is underwater on. If cash flow wasnt an issue, then they wouldn't likely be in trouble to begin with.
Sometimes it’s mentally easier to not pay on a car you don’t like, nor want

cbr repsol

Established Member
Prob is I never thought I would of felt this way. I have 2 kids with my ex. My current wife couldn’t have kids so we took in her niece. You just never know where your life will take you . So that could be why things have changed for me or my thinking lately. Now that they are all getting older and the baby is almost 3 I look forward to just fun with them.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Yeah that was a long battle. My wife’s brother and sisters-in-law were on board . Especially since they had 5 other kids they really couldn’t care for properly. Were also doing some drugs. I had made a thread about it a couple years ago. Long story short the baby was born at home to avoid another cps case and get their kids taken yet again. But by doing that Beatrice had no social security number nor birth certificate. Not knowing what the hell to do and getting legal help . I was finally able to get full gaurdianship of Beatrice. Then I petition the court to get a delayed birth . Then that finally came in and we were able to get her social security. Easy to talk about no but it was a stressful 2 years.
I love that little girl . She’s no different than my other kids to me. As far as I’m concerned she’s mine.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
OP getting grief for 1K in car payments... I’ll keep quiet on what I’ve been paying the last few years lol

Get gap insurance, crash Mustang, delete this thread.

Personally, I’d keep the car and see if your opinion changes in a few months. I never like taking on new payments, but once the bleeding stops it just becomes the usual payment you’re used to making.

Recon

Established Member
VMP 2.65L TVS has my vote. Excellent choice on the Royal Crimson; that’s my #2 color of choice for the 2018+ Coyotes.

Pick your poison.

cbr repsol

Established Member
The royal crimson is amazing when she’s clean and it a nice sunny day. Heck even at night people compliment. I think I may hold off on trading it . Plus taking that big of a loss seems dumb to me. Maybe I’ll try putting more money (tax time)towards the Jeep and try to pay off quicker. That way I can keep my mustang and get a truck later.

Machdup1

Established Member
Put a whipple on the mustang and you will find yourself smiling every day. Add some Zima and Bob’s your uncle.

Blown 89

Established Member
Two people with 4 cars and a $1k payment is absolute stupidity. Get one car that suits your needs and stop wasting your money with car payments and trade-ins.

Papaw

Established Member
Insurance and reg fees are a good reason to sell a car at a loss. However, adding a supercharger is a good reason to keep it!

jk57

Established Member
If the Toyota and the 4 runner is payed off sell then keep the mustang pay it down with the money you get from the cars hold off on the supercharger and if your not happy with the car after a year so then get rid of it ...Also how many years did you take the loan out for?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good to know, i can finally talk to you again.

IMO OP, 392 Challenger is a downgrade from a 2018 5.0. Need to get a charger hellcat. Maybe get an ATS-V, that car is faster than both 5.0 and 392 challenger.

I don't agree. The only thing the Mustang has on is a few tenths in performance. The 392 (Charger or Challenger) has a better interior and looks 10x better. Plus I'm sure his kids would love the extra interior space the 392 has over the Mustang, the smiles on their face will more than make up for the slight performance difference IMO.

cbr repsol

Established Member
@Blown 89
The two Toyota’s we own are paid for.
I like my little corolla for mpg since the kids go to school 50 miles round trip . The 4 runner we use to throw extra crap in the cargo area or go to the drive in movies. Lol
The Jeep is used when we go to visit my father in law . You need a 4x4 to get there since the terrain is crappy . With it having a soft top it’s a pain with all the zippers and the cargo area is small compared to the 4 runner. In 4 years we have only put 10k miles on the Jeep. So it mostly sits for weeks at a time. So if I sold the mustang and the Jeep I would go for a truck but it has to be 4x4
I’m leaning on keeping what I have and just be happy. Most people can’t even afford 1 car and I have 4 sometimes I have 5 to 6 cars at one given time.
Mustang is a 6 year loan for op that asked . Jeep is only like 3 more years left. I was thinking of throwing out tax refund on the Jeep and knock another year of payments off the top?

jk57

Established Member
If you can afford to keep all four only you can make that decision then go for it ..My wife and I are 61 yrs old school as far as car payments and debt go bought our 2012 two years ago for 20,000 still puts a smile on my face mostly stock vmp tuned .As far as your 2018 would love to own one wife doesn't like the new style. But I would just keep it and enjoy it just remember there's always a better faster car out there. Hope it all works for you bud

cbr repsol

Established Member
Yes the payments are not a problem whatsoever. It’s the Should I get a different vehicle that can do more with my kids? Like if I got a truck I would think about getting a trailer for camping or something of the sort. I buy cars occasionally that don’t run so hauling them would be easier than using towing. But towing still works when I use it. If it’s far I use our aaa. If it’s close I pay the fee.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I know I could keep the mustang and sell the Jeep for a truck . Although I didn’t wanna be in a f150 with limited options. Nice options are 50k so I was thinking sell both get f250 for like 60 to 70k but doing that I would have to sell both and payment would be about what I pay for both cars or a couple hundo more per month.

Users who are viewing this thread