I thought the mustang was what I wanted

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I know I could keep the mustang and sell the Jeep for a truck . Although I didn’t wanna be in a f150 with limited options. Nice options are 50k so I was thinking sell both get f250 for like 60 to 70k but doing that I would have to sell both and payment would be about what I pay for both cars or a couple hundo more per month.
If you are that convinced on a F250, have you given consideration to holding out for the new 7.3L with the 10 speed?

roadracer247

Established Member
My advice is to sell the Jeep and Mustang to buy a Land Cruiser. They are built to last 25 years and can go anywhere. Plus they have a third row. It’s basically the ultimate family/overlanding SUV.

That’s what I’ve basically done. Sold off the sports car & truck to save up for a Land Cruiser. No regrets.

XtraTQ

Established Member
I have two kids in carseats and picked up an '18 Charger Daytona 392 for a DD about 8 months ago. Plenty of space, plenty of power, sounds pretty good stock. We love it.

cbr repsol

Established Member
The 392 sounds really good stock . My bro in-law and I went to look at some rams (he was looking) I asked them to fire up a 392 Daytona , man it sounded clean.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I just saw info on that new 7.3 that for sure would be worth holding out for.
I did a kbb online offer it’s ridiculous low imo 24k There is no way I’m gonna willingly take a 7k hit . Of course it gives local dealers you number . They are trying to get me to go down there desperately. I told them I changed my mind . They say they can offer more blah-blah I don’t wanna play those games. Like I said before I think I’ll work on paying the Jeep off within 2 years compared to the 3 years I have left . Then look at some new f250s at that point.

velocicaur

Established Member
I'm with some of the other guys. I know this is about another car and such but it feels like the financial aspect is being more ignored than it should be.

12k/year in car payments when you have a wife and three younger kids is an awful lot of money. I'm not sure what housing is in your area but I assume you're sitting on a decent mortgage payment too. 75k seems a bit light to juggle family life and then look into a fun car. "Not saying I’m rich or anything because most of us are a paycheck away from not eating." Even if that is half sarcastic, that isn't a situation you should put yourself in when you have a family members relying on you. 10+% in 401k? Do you have emergency funds for a few months months? Credit card debt? OT gets cut?

I know you said you keep vehicles a long time but that doesn't always happen. You might find yourself in a similar situation in a year or two if you go with an expensive truck. A fun car when you're 37 with a family doesn't seem logical unless you're making good money.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I understand what your trying to saying . But you forgot I make at least 10k a year on cars sometimes 15k it really depends if I add car flipping to my work. So I’m really about 85k to 90k
I work for a huge grocery company in so cal , Stater bros. I know some jobs can have overtime cuts . However , if u want the money in ot it’s there . 17 years and it’s never went away. We also make incentives for doing extra so everything is seniority based and I’m at a point where I have 350 guys below me . That’s another reason I get so much car work . There is like 700 employees at work daily.
The 75k is on paper at my job .
Also our Benefits are fully paid for by my company ,Which helps a lot. We rent currently due to house prices being high in California. I’m waiting for them to go down , then may try to buy. But basically I rent a really nice 4 bedroom home for $900 bucks that also has a rv access. My long time friend owns the home and he just wants the payment made . Not trying to gouge me for extra. We have no credit card debt other than what I put on my card to build cash back . Then I immediately pay it off. I do have some emergency funds . Working on building more but it’s good currently good enough at the moment. Since our 4 runner and corolla are paid for if I really needed some money fast I could probably sell both for about 7 to 9 k .
Trust me I’ve been low before and am like most that have been paycheck to paycheck . I’m not Rich by any means but at the end of the day my family does have what they need. Food, shelter , clothing and love.
I for sure think I’m gonna hold out on getting a truck for now. I think after the Jeep is paid off then get a truck either 1 to 2 years old or possibly new . My wife is waiting till the baby goes to school in a couple years. She’s a respiratory tech so that should pull in more money than I make once she does work .

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I understand what your trying to saying . But you forgot I make at least 10k a year on cars sometimes 15k it really depends if I add car flipping to my work. So I’m really about 85k to 90k
I work for a huge grocery company in so cal , Stater bros. I know some jobs can have overtime cuts . However , if u want the money in ot it’s there . 17 years and it’s never went away. We also make incentives for doing extra so everything is seniority based and I’m at a point where I have 350 guys below me . That’s another reason I get so much car work . There is like 700 employees at work daily.
The 75k is on paper at my job .
Also our Benefits are fully paid for by my company ,Which helps a lot. We rent currently due to house prices being high in California. I’m waiting for them to go down , then may try to buy. But basically I rent a really nice 4 bedroom home for $900 bucks that also has a rv access. My long time friend owns the home and he just wants the payment made . Not trying to gouge me for extra. We have no credit card debt other than what I put on my card to build cash back . Then I immediately pay it off. I do have some emergency funds . Working on building more but it’s good currently good enough at the moment. Since our 4 runner and corolla are paid for if I really needed some money fast I could probably sell both for about 7 to 9 k .
Trust me I’ve been low before and am like most that have been paycheck to paycheck . I’m not Rich by any means but at the end of the day my family does have what they need. Food, shelter , clothing and love.
I for sure think I’m gonna hold out on getting a truck for now. I think after the Jeep is paid off then get a truck either 1 to 2 years old or possibly new . My wife is waiting till the baby goes to school in a couple years. She’s a respiratory tech so that should pull in more money than I make once she does work .

You have 350 employees under you.. for only 75k?

Wtf is wrong with that picture

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Just found one at 46k in Tampa FL. 22k miles.

Unless it was in a wreck, that seems like a decent deal. Worth the extra coin over a 392 if clean

That’s normal these days. Few weeks ago I was looking at them, 45-49 was the average going rate

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Nice.

I stopped looking late last year, so it's a welcomed surprise. Still were in the low 50s, at least in South Florida

Yeah.

I’d have one except the thought of having a 50k vehicle sit in my garage killed me.

I hated seeing my 20k Camaro sit for a month at a time[/QUOTE]

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah.

I’d have one except the thought of having a 50k vehicle sit in my garage killed me.

I hated seeing my 20k Camaro sit for a month at a time
[/QUOTE]

My dilemma as well. Didn't like having my GT500 sit for stretches, and it cost me 38k. And at the time I had to go to job sites on the fly so I couldn't take it to work and then go to a job site that needed a 4x4 truck.

coposrv

Established Member
I'm with some of the other guys. I know this is about another car and such but it feels like the financial aspect is being more ignored than it should be.

12k/year in car payments when you have a wife and three younger kids is an awful lot of money. I'm not sure what housing is in your area but I assume you're sitting on a decent mortgage payment too. 75k seems a bit light to juggle family life and then look into a fun car.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I don’t want to be a wet blanket and I wouldn’t say 85-90k a year is chump change but I feel like it’s far from what’s needed to support a family of 5 with a big payment on a fun car. Unless it’s completely business related I couldn’t stomach a grand a month in car payments.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Do nothing! When in doubt, do nothing! You will regret it later if you choose to let it go.

Bingo, don’t make a decision like this in haste. Pontificate on it a while, weigh your options carefully. I certainly wouldn’t try trading it in, basically giving it away, private sale will get you a little more money.

Users who are viewing this thread