TK-421
Established Member
Holy shit. lol
were the millers no ragrets GIF

LS WUT

Established Member
@LS WUT how ya been man?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Hey brother. I’m doing alright. So I’ve learned a lot about myself during my down time. I’ve learned to focus on the little wins and not try and beat myself up on things I can’t change. To catch you up a little bit on my rodeo.

I had surgery 10/2. Surgery went okay, very painful for the first 3 weeks I’ll say. Very sore and stiff. 10/5 I began physical therapy. Got right into it. I wasn’t progressing as good as they had thought. So we discussed possibly a hiccup with the meniscus root, or scar tissue impeding my ability to flatten, and bend my knee. There were 2 options in regards of how to fix this. 1. Perform another surgery cut it up, and fix the meniscus root. 2. Perform MUA (manipulation under anesthesia). Well 4 weeks later of working at it I am able to flatten it by myself, and sometimes with a little bit of the “people’s elbow”. I also went from 88 degrees to a 119 degree angle bend. Average for someone is 125-130. Someone with my injuries/surgery is 120. So I’m right there, I just didnt have enough in me today to get it. I can assure you I’m beating myself up over it. To be 1 degree away is annoying to me, however as I stated before it’s the little wins we need to focus on. 11/16 I’ll see my surgeon and he will determine whether he thinks I’ll need the MUA to get myself in a better spot as far as long term recovery goes. Also battling a herniated disc, so it’s not helping me walk that well.

So in a nutshell I’m walking again, not perfect but it’s enough. I’m not back at work yet, however I also haven’t had to sell my toys, and other things yet. Mentally I’m doing better than I was. I appreciate everyone who’s reached out to me, and kept my spirits up. You guys are amazing, and I’m grateful to have all of you gents as my friends.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you're actually making good progress after a slow start out of the gate.
And you still have all the toys! That's all great news.

LS WUT

Established Member
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you're actually making good progress after a slow start out of the gate.
And you still have all the toys! That's all great news.
Of course man, thanks for sticking around for it. I’m trying to be back grinding at work soon. Been doing some details, and such. Staying busy. Luckily I have a stupid supportive ladyfriend. She’s helped immensely during this endeavor. She said she wouldn’t let me sell anything that I’ve busted my ass for. She’s been working double time also. I even got another motorcycle too lol. It was my buddies bike that I went down on, unsure if I ever mentioned that. It was shit that I went down on it, but I made it right by him and bought it from him.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the update!

Slow and steady wins the race. Rest is as necessary as the exercise, that was the hardest part for me to learn. Now that I am older, that is the secret to every day.

LS WUT

Established Member
Thanks for the update!

Slow and steady wins the race. Rest is as necessary as the exercise, that was the hardest part for me to learn. Now that I am older, that is the secret to every day.
Of course Sir! Thanks for the daily laughs. Those are always helpful. I mean it when I say I’ve learned a lot during this process. I broke my ankle a couple years back, but I was up and at it in no time in a boot. Granted this accident was a tad bit worse, however I never thought I’d be out and down this long. Trying to remain focused on the goals at hand, and not getting caught up on what I didn’t get done is tough for me to do. My physical therapist said to me yesterday when I didn’t get to my 120 I got to 119. She said that I’m so close and to not let it get to my head over 1 degree. If everyone worked and tried as hard as I do her job would be extremely easy. I nodded and said thank you, but I knew deep down that 1 degree was gonna bother me. So me being me I went home and I cranked my knee until I had more tears in my eyes. I’ll be at that 120 by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread