I became a meat crayon

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you very much man, I appreciate it. I’ve never had surgery before aside from stitches and broken bones. Nothing like this where they had to put me under anesthesia. Wondering how I’m gonna react to it. He said I’m only under for 45 minutes so it shouldn’t bother me to much, he did say most people get nausea, or sick to their stomach after.

I only got sick once - after my last hip scope in 2019. After 18 other surgeries and never having a problem, I was confused. Found out from an anesthesiologist who snuck a peek at my case that the nausea was from the overuse of an opiod painkiller during the procedure. Hence, changing providers for future procedures.

Hey guys. I’ve been home for a little while. Just trying to adjust and get situated.

Surgery went well, and was a success. He was able to stitch one of my meniscus’s, and repair another. He went with the hamstring so it will be more painful than the one we thought about initially. I did it without pain medicine, just nerve blockers. That should wear off between 18-24 hours.

Due to him saving my meniscus’s my recovery time went from 6-8 weeks to 12-16 weeks. Not very ideal in my eyes. However I’ll see what I can do to help the process to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

I got some pictures like that!

Glad all went as well as it could, now just need the time to recover. Keep us posted on the progress and LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS!!!

LS WUT

Established Member
I only got sick once - after my last hip scope in 2019. After 18 other surgeries and never having a problem, I was confused. Found out from an anesthesiologist who snuck a peek at my case that the nausea was from the overuse of an opiod painkiller during the procedure. Hence, changing providers for future procedures.

I got some pictures like that!

Glad all went as well as it could, now just need the time to recover. Keep us posted on the progress and LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS!!!
For sure man! I’m happy it went well, I wish he didn’t use my hamstring. However it was for my best interest he said, so I’ll trust him. I’m about to begin physical therapy as planned this Thursday. I’ll show you boys the new wounds. I’m hoping he used the dissolvable stitches. I wasn’t told what he used, I guess I’ll just have to see myself Thursday.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
For sure man! I’m happy it went well, I wish he didn’t use my hamstring. However it was for my best interest he said, so I’ll trust him. I’m about to begin physical therapy as planned this Thursday. I’ll show you boys the new wounds. I’m hoping he used the dissolvable stitches. I wasn’t told what he used, I guess I’ll just have to see myself Thursday.
I found yesterday that both of my hips will require scopes again because of bone spurs and likely labral damage - joints in good shape, so no replacements yet. A secondary labral repair (for both) may require donor cartilage - mine or a cadaver.
MRI's next week for better determination.

Yay. :mad:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha, jokes on me he’s getting paid to be out and relax. He had surgery way before me too! I refused pain meds, I only did nerve blockers for my surgery.

They prescribed me Percocet (Oxycodone/Acetaminophen) 5/325. I have not taken any, I’m going to try and do my recovery without them.

This is a good idea. Power through the day with OTC NSAIDs and save the powerful pills for emergency use only (when you need a good sleep but can't get through the pain).

I like to keep a few hydrocodone around to knock out migraines that last longer than 3 days.

LS WUT

Established Member
This is a good idea. Power through the day with OTC NSAIDs and save the powerful pills for emergency use only (when you need a good sleep but can't get through the pain).

I like to keep a few hydrocodone around to knock out migraines that last longer than 3 days.
That’s my plan, I’m just gonna use ice and ibuprofen for things right now. They said they wanted me to take up to 6 a day. Every 4-6 hours. I said I’ve made it this far without taking anything but ibuprofen. Even when I have kidney stones I Tucker it out.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Haha, jokes on me he’s getting paid to be out and relax. He had surgery way before me too! I refused pain meds, I only did nerve blockers for my surgery.

They prescribed me Percocet (Oxycodone/Acetaminophen) 5/325. I have not taken any, I’m going to try and do my recovery without them.
If you end up taking them I would recommend at night to help you get thru the night. If you are not sleeping due to pain you will take longer to heal. On top of a few other personality changes lack of sleep causes.

LS WUT

Established Member
If you end up taking them I would recommend at night to help you get thru the night. If you are not sleeping due to pain you will take longer to heal. On top of a few other personality changes lack of sleep causes.
That’s for sure man. Sleep has been a struggle for me since even before the accident. My usual work day was either up at 2:30am for work, or 3:30am. So I never got to much sleep. Although I’d be off at 11am or 12 each day.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That’s for sure man. Sleep has been a struggle for me since even before the accident. My usual work day was either up at 2:30am for work, or 3:30am. So I never got to much sleep. Although I’d be off at 11am or 12 each day.
The problem with narcotics is people will get a bottle of 60 tablets. 15-20 may cover their pain but they keep taking them and end up liking the drunk feeling without hangover. That starts the path to addiction.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Hey guys. I’ve been home for a little while. Just trying to adjust and get situated.

Surgery went well, and was a success. He was able to stitch one of my meniscus’s, and repair another. He went with the hamstring so it will be more painful than the one we thought about initially. I did it without pain medicine, just nerve blockers. That should wear off between 18-24 hours.

Due to him saving my meniscus’s my recovery time went from 6-8 weeks to 12-16 weeks. Not very ideal in my eyes. However I’ll see what I can do to help the process to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.
Third picture, 2nd row, 2nd column

What does that look like to you guys?

LS WUT

Established Member
Good Evening Gents, been a fun couple of days. Had my physical therapy Thursday. That kicked my butt. Trying to lift your leg up with a brace is rather intriguing when you’ve got no quad muscle left. All in all it’s healing up nice. I go next Thursday for my post op check in. He will then be draining my knee again… son of a bitch. Also he will be taking my stitches out of my knee.

Attachments

• IMG_2688.jpeg
    IMG_2688.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 44

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Good Evening Gents, been a fun couple of days. Had my physical therapy Thursday. That kicked my butt. Trying to lift your leg up with a brace is rather intriguing when you’ve got no quad muscle left. All in all it’s healing up nice. I go next Thursday for my post op check in. He will then be draining my knee again… son of a bitch. Also he will be taking my stitches out of my knee.
After they drain your knee, you need to drain your balls in that hot PT chick you were telling me about…

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Glad to hear surgery went well. Sounds like you're in a good head space too. A couple extra months to recover will be worth it. You got this shit.

Be careful taking a lot of ibuprofen though. You might alternate those with tylenol. Im not a doctor but a dentist told me that once. I think too much too often is hard on kidneys.

Users who are viewing this thread