Humbled at work today !!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
This was great JR. for a couple of days it took my mind off all the bullshit that's going on in the world and focused on a very special moment. Thank you. And for once a thread that's gone multiple pages without a bad word being spoken to one another.....Merry Christmas indeed!:beer:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
^^ couldnt have said it better myself..

Your a good man JR and I think you told him in a perfect way.

Happy Holidays and I hope your cat gets better..

99cobra302

Established Member
i know i am a bit late to this but, i have been waiting on some funds to clear in paypal. so i sent 20 bucks your way.

i read about this on Chicagoland Mustang Club and Chicago SVT i was more than touched by the story. i have not felt very much christmas spirit this year but after reading this story on saturday evening has very much helped me in this area

i said this in the paypal notes to J.R. but in my eyes i feel that this is a much better cause to donate to than to something like the Salvation Army. i know that those organizations do good things for people, but in this case the people on the receiving end have a name and a real story, not just a guy ringing a bell at walmart asking me to drop change in a bucket for the collective "needy." people like terry and his daughter in many ways deserve it more. he is not looking for a hand out and is scraping by doing everything he can. maybe he is to proud to ask for help or whatever but, i believe this is why he will appreciate the gift more than we can ever possibly imagine. how often is that that complete and total strangers band together (ones that usually argue relentlessly on every other section of this very forum even) and change the lives of 2 people that NEVER expected it in a million years? i myself can say that i am amazed that in a period of just one weekend, this much money has been donated...unsolicited....its just amazing and i am proud to be part of a community that selflessly donates this much to such a worthy cause. and to me WE are "Doing the Most Good"

i wish a very merry chistmas to terry and courtney. i know that now, they will have one

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
+2, I love that idea. I'd happily kick in 20 bucks or so every year to help a family out. Shouldn't be hard to find one, or we can just donate to a charity that will give the money to a family in need. This would also prevent the need for someone in particular to coordinate it and worry about how to present the gift without offending. This thread probably isn't the appropriate place to discuss the details (don't want to hijack) but I love the idea.

I does make me feel good to see so many people chip in. Rodney, thanks for leading the way.

+1

Rod, I know you personally and I know this came from your heart. Thank you for pointing me to this thread. You were right, after reading the story, well... the rest is history! Big-ups for the great idea that "got outta hand!!!" :banana:

I got a car with a title I cant clear. Bought it from someone, but it has a lien on it from a dealership thats out of business. If anyone knows someone at Motor Vehicle that can investigate the lien so I can clear it, he can have the car!

I'd love to see this be a changing moment in his life situation.

pp sent.

wow, I was one of the first few to post in this thread and never came back to look until just now. figuring I would like to just see what everyone else has said. simply amazing what has taken place. And I can also attest that the original thought from Rod came from the heart, as I know him personally and JR as well. both great people as well as so many others as we have seen.

JR, glad cutoff isn't till midnight. money coming over shortly.

Another great idea with picking a family every yr. The first thing I thought of was former FSU and current NFL (tampa bay buc's) running back, Warrick Dunn. Such a wonderful person and role model. If you don't know what he has gone through or what he has been doing, I encourage you to search his name. It is amazing what he has been doing for a number of yrs now and how he has gotten a number of other NFL players involved or inspired them to do something similar to what he does.

this is just what he has done this year

nolesports.com | Tallahassee Democrat | Covering FSU football and Seminoles sports at Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL

Terry's situation/story touched my heart as I'm sure it did everyone else's. You have to be pretty "unique" to not be affected in some way by this man's situation/s and his daughter. I'm glad I read this thread and glad someone bigger than all of us put the idea in my heart (not my head) to start a donation with hopes that maybe a few more people would do the same and maybe we'd have about $160 to get her a nice camera. I promise that was all my mind imagined. I would've never thought people would jump on board like this and turn someone's Christmas experience COMPLETELY around and give them a story to pass on for the rest of their lives. See I was thinking small scale with hopes of getting a little girl (Courtney as we now know) a camera, but everyone pitched in and not only does she have a camera that she wanted, but now she has clothes etc that she needed! There's even enough in the pot for her dad (Terry) to get a few things for himself. This is unreal!!! Everything happens for a reason and I don't believe in coincidence or things happening by chance. It's all apart of a bigger plan and is much bigger than any and all of us put together.

Not to steal the thunder from this story, but just want to share a little something with everyone. We always hear about Karma, but most people discuss it in a negative fashion. Two days ago I pledged $20 towards a little girl's digital camera that I didn't know with hopes that she'd be able to smile just a little on Christmas day. Well last night I was minding my business and my buddy (who doesn't know anything about this story) gave me a brand new radar detector and said "here's an early Christmas present". Where did that come from? I never mentioned wanting a radar detector to anyone. We've been friends for 15yrs and we've never bought each other Christmas gifts, so were did this come from? What made him buy me a radar detector? I couldn't have predicted it and it definitely isn't something I'd think to request even if I was asked what I wanted. These things aren't cheap, so what made him open up his wallet for me? Could it be because I opened up my heart for Courtney? Things have a way of working their way back around. I didn't do this expecting or even hoping that I'd get something in return, but when you bless others and are truly sincere about it, you will be blessed in return. There's an old saying that states "no good deed goes unoticed", so eventhough you don't see anyone looking, someone is definitely watching!

J.R., I thank you and your family for doing the leg work to gather all the items to present to Terry for him and Courtney. Not everyone would go through the "trouble" to accomplish what you all have done. I pray your daughter's cat returns to normal in no time as well.

And thank you all for donating your time and efforts towards a Father and Daughter who will probably have the greatest Christmas of their lives in two days. This is one Christmas I will never forget!!!

Last edited:

qwikhuh

Established Member
Thanks for allowing all of us to be a part of this JR! It has truely made my Christmas knowing we were able to help someone less fortunate than us.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Awesome story. Wish I could have been a part of it. People will forever bicker as to the true spirit of the holidays (Jesus vs Santa). But IMO, this is what it's all about.

Wiseguy

Established Member
This was great JR. for a couple of days it took my mind off all the bullshit that's going on in the world and focused on a very special moment. Thank you. And for once a thread that's gone multiple pages without a bad word being spoken to one another.....Merry Christmas indeed!:beer:

:beer: , yes totally overlooked this... small complains take a back seat when you here something like this. Very humbling indeed. Congrats to all!!!

Bulldog Stang

Bulldog Stang
Established Member
I made me feel good to donate to Terry and Courtney.

I wish there was more that I could do for people.

In my line of work, I see it happen daily. Hell, I just worked a case where a Female was critically injured from her ex b/f who chased her down, rammed her car into a tree, shot at her, then kidnapped her, threw her in the truck and took off. She was able to jump out and attempt escape, but she was severely injured when she jumped out, breaking both her legs and ankles, and possibly her neck. He stopped and threw her back in the vehicle and took off. She has 2 boys (teenagers) at home. Had we not found the vehicle, she would be dead. But thank GOD the vehicle was found and a Felony Stop was done and the guy is in Jail.

She will spend Christmas in ICU.

JRE

Banned
I never look in this forum but did today for some reason and just read this...$20 sent. I trust JR will see to it that they get it in due time....probably not in time for Christmas but I'm sure a belated Christmas gift is none the lesser! Good work JR...good work indeed.

Jeff

mrpork

Established Member
i totally agree with you on this one. it was all i could think of

im sure he will.i dont know jr but was glad to help. he seems like a stand up guy from what i have seen and heard
I never look in this forum but did today for some reason and just read this...$20 sent. I trust JR will see to it that they get it in due time....probably not in time for Christmas but I'm sure a belated Christmas gift is none the lesser! Good work JR...good work indeed.

Jeff

x2
Nice work people!!!! Mery xmas!!!!!

you and me both
Happy to have been a part of this.

Merry Christmas all! :beer:

UWISHU1

Honey Badger
Established Member
what an amazing story glad I could be a part of such an act of kindness. God Bless and Merry Christmas too ALL!

Users who are viewing this thread