Humbled at work today !!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Update on Terry !!

He came in to work today with a BIG smile. He waited until he saw me alone and walked over to me to say that he'd been shopping. He was at K-Mart this morning getting some clothes for Courtney. The grandmother took him over, as she knows the her sizes. He then said, "guess what", I'm going shopping again tonight at 11pm at Wal-Mart. The grandmother is taking him there right from work. It's all coming together guys and gals.

He then proceeded to ask me if it was o.k. that he gave two of the jackets away to a neighbor that had NO winter coat. It was 12 F here yesterday. He said they were a little small for him, but he knew they would fit his neighbor just right. I said of course it's o.k.

These were part of the box of clothing items that Scott donated.

It's a trickle down effect everyone. Terry just helped another person that was in need, and worse off than him. It's a magical Christmas this year.

I will get the donation sent today, to Terry, on Monday. We are now off for the holiday until then.

Thanks again everyone. We've all just helped another family in need, by helping Terry !!!:rockon::rockon:

J.R.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Just think if you hadn't ended up working there JR. Things happen for a reason. :D

And you've touched the lives of people in at least 24 states and 2 countries! WOW!!

Hope Blackie is OK.

stangkid

Established Member
I cant believe i didn't see this till now hope its not to late to get a donation to Terry & Courtney i just sent $20 your way.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I so glad to see so many people ban togather for a cause. This is outstanding of everyone! I realize I am a little late but Money Sent regardless:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mustangshar

Wow....I am so proud of all of you. This is so special and I agree with one of my Chicago guys who said he too had lost the Christmas Spirit. I was in the same boat...until I saw this post.

God Bless you all, have a blessed and happy safe Holiday and know that we made a big difference in a family's life this year. Yeah! Merry Christmas. : )

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I'm glad this worked out the way it did. :beer: to all of SVTP. What was the final donated amount?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm glad this worked out the way it did. :beer: to all of SVTP. What was the final donated amount?

It worked out awesome !! As of Tuesday when I left for work, the total was $1918.00.

After returning home, and a few more donations Tues. night and Wed. morning came in. That total was $310.00. Less $9.30 for paypal fees.

Grand total, $2218.70.

We go back to work on Monday and I will give him the $300.00 at that time. Tues. night was the last day worked for the holiday, for us.

I can't wait to see him to hear about Courtney's and his day !!!

Thanks again,

J.R.

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Just read this.... damn what a story. I am glad to know there are still people like you in this world. The part about the kids not having a winter coat choked me up.

I do what I can around the holidays (Salvation Army type stuff). No kid should be dissapointed on Christmas. We buy toys out the Wahzoo here at my work for kids who's parents can't afford gifts. We also buy Hams & Turkeys to dispence to familys who dont have much as well.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I must be the last person to read this, haven't been on for awhile.

What an awsome display of Christmas spirit! Well done JR!! :thumbsup:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Back to work last night after the holiday. Caught up with Terry. He was wearing his new steel toed boots and a pair of pants that was in a box of many, donated by Scott. He looked very good and his head was held a bit higher than before.

He walked right up to me as soon as he arrived for his shift and the first thing he said was "she was so happy she didn't know what to do".. I replied, "you just made my, and many others, day !!

He said she won't put the Ipod down for a second. She loved the digital camera and all the clothes my daughter, Caitlin, picked out fit just right and the colors were perfect. And, many other presents were picked out and purchased by him and the Courtney's grandmother with the gift cards. He said she unwrapped presents for a solid hour.

He just put his head down for a brief moment and said thank you to you and all of your friends and all of the car clubs. You all have given us a Christmas we will never forget !!!!

He then told me he took $650.00 of the cash and paid his rent a month ahead, just in case they ever have an emergency and can't pay the rent for a month. I said "good for you" !!!! Then, gave him $300.00 more from the additional donations. He said it's just unbelievable !!

Thank you all again. It's one for the books !!!

J.R.

TRBO VNM

wow, awesome JR. amazing story and glad I could be part of it. :beer:

Also nice to see he did something very smart with the money and rent. sounds like he is a real genuine person and not just someone who would go spend the money on worthless stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread