Humbled at work today !!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey everyone. Just got home. What a truely amazing night!!!!!

I could not wait until 6:30 for lunch. Every time I walked by him, I wanted to stop, but it was a really busy shift today. I caught up with him about 5:30. I had a little small talk with him first, but all I really wanted to do was blurt it out. I asked him how his shopping went this weekend. He said fine. He got his daughter ( Courtney), now we all know her name, an outfit of clothes and a MP3 player for $19.95. But, he was smiling because he got something for her that was on her list.

I just spilled the beans right there !!! Nobody else was near us, so I explained how this all started after he and I had that conversation Friday evening. I told him the amounts on the gift cards then about the 9, one hundred dollar bills and 18 more in there too..lol...

He just dropped his head and looked over his safety glasses, like what are you talking about !! I said I am totally serious. The items are in my car in the parking lot. I asked him if he could call his neighbor to come over at 6:30 to pick up the gifts. I also had 3 boxes of shoes, coats and pants that Scott Hundley donated, along with the Digital camera. My trunk and front seat were packed. I gave him the envelope with the letter , card, gift cards and cash and asked him to keep them with him. He did.

He started to tear up, and said, " I don't know what to say" I got a page on the intercom, so I told him I would be right back. It's kind of better, as it gave him a couple minutes to absorb what just happened in his family's lives.

I returned in 5 minutes and just looked at me and said thank you sooo much. You don't know how much this has helped us. It's been so hard since she died ( fiance and Courtney's mom). He looked like an air pump filled his lungs as the weight was just lifted off his chest. He wanted me to tell ALL of you that you've made a difference in his and Courtney's lives and that he will never forget it. Then, he just kept saying how much he appreciated everything. Many times.

I walked away after several moments of speaking with him. 6:30 came. His neighbor showed up and we loaded the van up with the goodies. Man, it was freezing out...lol..

Throughout the rest of the shift, I glanced over Terry's way many times when he was not aware I was looking. As he was operating his machine, the smile never left his face. At one time when I passed him, he said, "I'm going shopping again on Wednesday" !! I gave him an approving nod because I probably could not have talked at that time without skipping a few breaths.

I said later to him that this is a Christmas that he can just take a break and live in the moment with his little girl. He agreed...

I still think he needs someone to pinch him. He just can't believe people that don't know him could do something like this. Especially from here to California within 48 hours. I don't think he can comprehend it right now. It will sink in though.

His daughter has an older computer, he said, but no internet. It should work fine for the Ipod and camera.

I told him nobody else knew about this at work, so it was our secret. I'm sure we'll always share a smile with each other in passing.

Kudos to everyone here. You all made a deep impact on someone's life today. And, on anothers for Christmas morning. It's surely made an impact on me.

Thank you so much again. Another $210.00 is in my paypal account from donations today. I'll get that to him as well. He does not, and has never, had a drivers license. He said he could never afford a car so never went for his license.

Thanks again all, and Happy Holidays from us to you and yours !!!!

J.R., Denice and the kids.

EDIT : I just wanted to add here that I wrote a one page letter and put in in the card, explainng the amount of people throughout the US and even Canada that donated to this and the different car enthusiast web board members, as well as I did tell him tonight. I was trying to type this message fast to get it posted, but left that very important thing out...DUH !!!!

Last edited:

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
J.R..............you along with everyone else on this site are great AWESOME peoples!! for doing something like that:thumbsup:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sorry guys, I am a slow typer...lol.. I have been on for 20 some minutes.. I should have done a quick one liner to let you know I was here then typed up the story..

We had a little tragedy at our house tonight so I was calming down my daughter a bit. Her 2 year old cat named Blackie Chan, jumped across our basement stairs and fell all the way to the bottom. She was taken to the ER for animals. She dislocated her hip and has to get worked on tonight. She can be picked up at 2am if they can fix her, if not she would have to go to surgery.. We're praying she can be treated tonight. I got the call as I was walking out of the factory.. Great timing, huh. My daughter and wife are very upset, as we all are. This cat is the bomb. I'm confident she will be o.k.

Take care.

J.R.

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
You are a great great man JR, for realizing that his story needed to be told. If it weren't for you and your kindness none of this could've ever happened! I feel like it's Christmas morning! Thanks for allowing us to take part in this!! Paul and I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas!!

I'm praying that Blackie gets all fixed up! Sorry to hear he had such an accident. He'll be back running and jumping around soon enough, I'm sure!

Last edited:

dpotter

Established Member
Kudos to you, your wonderful family and all that have contributed. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of Terry and Courtney's Christmas!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Thanks everyone. I'm sure she, Blackie Chan, will pull through. We love her very much.

I added to the bottom of my post, explaining that I typed a little too quickly, trying to get the message out. I did tell Terry about all of you and the different clubs. He just can't believe it...

I now await his stories of Christmas morning !!! I can't stand it....lol...

Cheers,

J.R.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
awesome finish to the story J.R. :beer:

LOL at the name Blackie Chan, hope he has a quick recovery.

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
So I'm too late??? ****!

Well, originally, I mentioned midnight last night, as I could not shop for them today. I made it to the bank today to get the cash out for them, but that's all I had time for. There is another $210.00 in my paypal for them, that was donated while I was at work today. I am going to give that to them as well.

Your gesture is very much appreciated. If it's there in the morning, I'll add it to what's in the account. I think now is the time to cut it off. We only work tomorrow, Tuesday, then we are all off until Monday.

Thanks,

J.R.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this JR and thanks to Terry and Courtney for helping us to realize the true meaning of Christmas. Good people! Lots of good people out there!

Merry Christmas all!

Venimus03

Established Member
Sweeet :beer:...........Sorry to hear about your cat, but with a name like Blackie Chan, I think she will be fine :beer: Best of luck to her....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread