Hey guys..Vortech lag ??

J's98Snake

Established Member
HotRodK said:
Your seeing why I gave up.. :dw:

Yeah that kid is a tool. The fastest stock long block single power adder (blower not a turbo) 98 cobra went 10.4 @ 132 with 20 psi and race gas. That black vert was hauling arse, but 12 psi and what 91/92 octane in Cali isn't going to get 127 mph.

Most 03/04's trap high teens low 120's with 15 psi and ported blowers.

I'm just excited do my 8 rib swap after new years and laying down some 9's with my weak shiat :beer:

Last edited:

50_Dave

Established Member
HotRodK said:
You said 513rwhp, excuse me. But your still making an unreal amount of power on lower octane fuel, and in street trim. If you were telling me this Cobra made 517rwhp on a few pulls with 100 octane, and it was a track tune, then I would absolutely no problem with those numbers. My Mach would easily have made 500rwhp on the Mustang Dyno at SCT but this is a street car running only Sunoco 93. With 100*+ days in the summer, it makes no sense to tread that close to disaster. We tuned it very safe, so I will have no such issues.
This is just a matter of what I have seen on local dynos, and what is possible with pump gas.

SCT's dyno there in longwood is known for being a "happy dyno" and reads a bit higher then other dynos that i have seen. Ryan's t/a with a cutout/lid made like 340 hp on that dyno. Thats way off for a 98 t/a.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Not according to the LS1 lovers. They are showing 315+ bone stock, and with a lid and tune in the 330s.

Like I said before in this thread, I dont race dynos. They can believe they are making 500+rwhp with a stock 4V on 91-93 octane if they like. Its just not happening.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Bla Bla Bla

IMGA0010.jpg

On the left, ford focus with 1lb of boost. :)
From the looks of that track, I don't know if I could even believe that.

Rev Happy

Established Member
J's98Snake said:
Yeah that kid is a tool. The fastest stock long block single power adder (blower not a turbo) 98 cobra went 10.4 @ 132 with 20 psi and race gas. That black vert was hauling arse, but 12 psi and what 91/92 octane in Cali isn't going to get 127 mph.

You can't really compare an S-trim and a T-trim... A T-trimmed Mustang at 20lbs of boost is going to make more power than a S-trimmed Mustang at 20lbs of boost with everything else mod wise being equal...period... STOKED is seeing 10 pounds+ running a T-trim w/ a Paxton cooler... Without the cooler, he'd probably be running close to 12-13 through a T-trim... Bradford was running an S-trim at 20 pounds of boost with no intercooler... So you should see how he made 100 more rwhp than STOKED's Cobra... And to be honest, STOKED's Cobra has the same mods that Bradford had on his 98 Cobra (long tubes, O/R exhaust, etc)...

I'm actually not surprised that you're calling BS on Bradford's setup, as his is a lot more impressive than STOKED's...

Last edited:

J's98Snake

Established Member
Rev Happy said:
You can't really compare an S-trim and a T-trim... A T-trimmed Mustang at 20lbs of boost is going to make more power than a S-trimmed Mustang at 20lbs of boost with everything else mod wise being equal...period... STOKED is seeing 10 pounds+ running a T-trim w/ a Paxton cooler... Without the cooler, he'd probably be running close to 12-13 through a T-trim... Bradford was running an S-trim at 20 pounds of boost with no intercooler... So you should see how he made 100 more rwhp than STOKED's Cobra... And to be honest, STOKED's Cobra has the same mods that Bradford had on his 98 Cobra (long tubes, O/R exhaust, etc)...

I'm actually not surprised that you're calling BS on Bradford's setup, as his is a lot more impressive than STOKED's...

Call BS on Bradford...I don't think so. I know and have raced with him in the past, in fact I built my car around what he had done. Same people that tuned his car (JMS) tunes mine. One more thing Bradford was running race gas, not 93, 92, 91. Also xx psi on the guage is xx psi on the guage, a T-trim will make 20 psi more efficiently that an S-trim will, but 20 psi is 20 psi on the guage. Since boost is measured by intake pressure the different blower argument goes out the door. If we were talking about ET or mph and were comparing the same size pulley on two different blower then yes it would be a valid point.

For giggles another buddie of mine has a 96 cobra same motor as mine except I have ported heads and he SHM stage 2 cams, also my comp is 9.05:1 and his 8.5:1. He has a T-trim with a 3.0 and I an S-trim (impeller upgrade) with a 3.0 pulley. Off the top of my head I think I made 10-15 more rwhp and 50 rwtq than he did same tuner. I'm not talking bad about his car at all, just making a point.

This whole debate is about a stock motor 4.6 96-01 4V or 2V making 500+ with ease on 93 with 10 psi.

Someone else said it best, keep the dyno numbers and I'll keep my track times.

Last edited:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Jake, you know your car is slow. That is why everytime we go to a racing event all the big shit talkers have a broken tranny or rearend is weak or belt slip or some shit. Happens everytime, let them talk and have a beer on me.

J's98Snake

Established Member
I hear you SWEET, I'm not sweating the tools.

I bet your pissed, I mean your 03 only made 507 rwhp and trapped 123 with 15-16 psi and a ported blower. All you needed to do was get a 01 or older 4.6 add 10-12 psi and bam 500+ with 127 mph traps :banana:

Wicked

Established Member
At such a low boost level, a S trim does not make much boost at all below 4000rpm.

In my case, I went with the P1sc. I see 13psi at 6500rpm, but am only tuned to produce a safe 450rwhp and 440rwtq. Since I don't operate at redline all the time, its been 100% reliable and good to the motor. Running a higher boost setup with decreased timing on the top end is a way to increase low end without adding too much top end power to the point of being unsafe. On a 98 Cobra, 425-450rwhp should be a safe range assuming its not constantly flogged.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Damned if I know, I guess those KB boys pushing 22psi are just shit out of luck. The only true test is to get all the cars at the same dyno (or the track) on the same day. All them supercharged gts and ls1 boys claimed big #'s but were close to a second slower on the track, and most of them had modified suspension. I'm not saying some people find the right combo and just get lucky with a fast car, there are some naturally fast freaks out there, but they are far and few.

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
Damned if I know, I guess those KB boys pushing 22psi are just shit out of luck. The only true test is to get all the cars at the same dyno (or the track) on the same day. All them supercharged gts and ls1 boys claimed big #'s but were close to a second slower on the track, and most of them had modified suspension. I'm not saying some people find the right combo and just get lucky with a fast car, there are some naturally fast freaks out there, but they are far and few.

My GT is better than your cobra sweet.
and I only have 475 hp! :lol:
Stoked:
PUT UP OR SHUT UP! I hate internet ricers ahhh I mean racers! :loser:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Waz up MG. Just waiting for a chance to race ya. I should be close to the 9's by then. You better throw a 250 on top of that if you want to party.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Ah, don't doubt yourself. A little more boost and a 125 shot and you will be kicking some sick ass. I should be able to get the car out of the garage in may and I will see what kind of boost I make up here. Should be around 15 and with some ET Drags I should be be for 10.40s....10.30s.....I hope.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Well the car is sitting and it is snowmobiling time. I think I will go up in the mountains tomorrow and get crazy.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Yeah, it gets cold here boy. Have you raced her yet? Any times? Hit me with a PM, I'm about to watch 40 year old virgin

Users who are viewing this thread