Hey guys..Vortech lag ??

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
Dano has a pipe dream for 11's!! Keep dreamin ass goblin. You'll never touch mean green!

BTW Why do these guys keep saying t-trim or s-trim it is a matter of a 1/2 - 1lb if that.
F*&^ 96-98 cobras..... That is all!

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
that is true about the 96-98 cobra :) Actually the 96-98 gts are the sickest damn piece of shit I have ever seen. I know, I owned one.

J's98Snake

Established Member
Dano you better bring more than N/A just to roll with da crew. Mean Green tried a few times, but he was always the slowest in the group. Must have been the 2V holding him back :poke:

JHolla :banana:

Wicked

Established Member
Rev Happy said:
Here is a good example 450rwhp w/ a P1 running 13psi w/ no cooler...and he's not even taking the car to 7K... I doubt he is running long tubes either...

Actually, that is 3-core intercooled. I am only running 11* total timing hence the low power to boost ratio. But the higher boost at low rpms gives me great torque. And no, no long tubes. If it was tunned more aggressively, it'd make 500+rwhp I'm sure. But this is my daily driver with 40K miles on the setup.

Daz97Roush

TruckSlut
Established Member
y2k2gt said:
This is just a matter of what I have seen on local dynos, and what is possible with pump gas.
Is it possible for a little 2v to make 600rwhp on pump gas?

well....ill let u guys know when i upgrade to 15psi of boost and intercooler on my lil 2v. with a built bottom end.

machslammer said:
I have a buddy who is currently running a Vortech S-trim on his 98 cobra. He made 400 rwhp, but only 340-350 rwtq. He is running 10# boost. Is there any way to decrease his boost lag? What can he do other than nitrous to increase his torque? His car seemed to run better times with his nitrous 100 shot. He made 350rwhp and 380 rwtq with it. I know there has got to be something to increase his torque and get that car moving quicker. Please post comments. Thanks.

Bassani Mid lengths can net him an easy 15-20lbs. But he really should get some 4.30s. With a centrifugal they are a match made in heaven. :D

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
SuperDanoGP said:
Just to stir it again, A stock long block 98 Cobra will not make 500RWHP no matter what

Here is some food for thought, not going to go too crazy again but here is some info. You all know I don't run at the track but what you don't know is that I tend to do some street racing with friends.

The other night I put a fender and a door on a friends z06 that traps 122 mph n/a. There you go fella's, I took the dyno out and raced it down the highway. :thumbsup: Can it still only have 400 rwhp to hang with the vette? Too funny.

The same thing happened run after run when we both had traction. Not bad for a road racing stang. :beer:

Let the shit talking commence! :bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread