Hey guys..Vortech lag ??

Rev Happy

Established Member
J's98Snake said:
Call BS on Bradford...I don't think so. I know and have raced with him in the past

Actually I meant to say that I'm surprised you are not calling BS on Bradford's setup as his numbers are not the norm... His car w/ an S-trim made 100rwhp+ more than STOKED's car...that's a lot dude... Bradford's car before the motor went, had similiar mods to STOKED's expect he was running an S-trim at 20 pounds w/ no cooler compared to STOKED's T-trim running 10+ pounds w/ a cooler... We all know an intercooler takes away 2-3 + pounds of boost on the gauge...

J's98Snake said:
For giggles another buddie of mine has a 96 cobra same motor as mine except I have ported heads and he SHM stage 2 cams, also my comp is 9.05:1 and his 8.5:1. He has a T-trim with a 3.0 and I an S-trim (impeller upgrade) with a 3.0 pulley. Off the top of my head I think I made 10-15 more rwhp and 50 rwtq than he did same tuner. I'm not talking bad about his car at all, just making a point.

We all know that you don't need ported heads or aftermarket cams to make big numbers w/ a 96-98 Cobra and boost... So that fact that you keep referring to those mods means little to me...

J's98Snake said:
This whole debate is about a stock motor 4.6 96-01 4V or 2V making 500+ with ease on 93 with 10 psi.

I never talked about a 2V... A 4V should make more power than a 2V given equal mods every time... It simply comes down to the head design... 2 valves have made some impressive numbers though, but you can't really compare the two...

J's98Snake said:
I'm not sweating the tools.

There's no need for that... I haven't said anything derogatory toward you...and I highly doubt you would be calling me a tool in front of my face...

Wicked said:
In my case, I went with the P1sc. I see 13psi at 6500rpm, but am only tuned to produce a safe 450rwhp and 440rwtq.

Here is a good example 450rwhp w/ a P1 running 13psi w/ no cooler...and he's not even taking the car to 7K... I doubt he is running long tubes either...

And I agree w/ the track comment... I have never dynoed my car, nor do I really care what it makes... But the car has seen its share of LACR...

Last edited:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
No disrespect Rev Happy but obviously you never met Jake, but I would like to see it. I'm pretty sure he would say it to your face. Good luck in the Iron Man Jake.

J's98Snake

Established Member
Rev Happy said:
Actually I meant to say that I'm surprised you are not calling BS on Bradford's setup as his numbers are not the norm... His car w/ an S-trim made 100rwhp+ more than STOKED's car...that's a lot dude... Bradford's car before the motor went, had similiar mods to STOKED's expect he was running an S-trim at 20 pounds w/ no cooler compared to STOKED's T-trim running 10+ pounds w/ a cooler... We all know an intercooler takes away 2-3 + pounds of boost on the gauge...

We all know that you don't need ported heads or aftermarket cams to make big numbers w/ a 96-98 Cobra and boost... So that fact that you keep referring to those mods means little to me...

I never talked about a 2V... A 4V should make more power than a 2V given equal mods every time... It simply comes down to the head design... 2 valves have made some impressive numbers though, but you can't really compare the two...

There's no need for that... I haven't said anything derogatory toward you...and I highly doubt you would be calling me a tool in front of my face...

Here is a good example 450rwhp w/ a P1 running 13psi w/ no cooler...and he's not even taking the car to 7K... I doubt he is running long tubes either...

And I agree w/ the track comment... I have never dynoed my car, nor do I really care what it makes... But the car has seen its share of LACR...

Well I'm glad you didn't get your panties in a wad over the tool comment, it's the internet nothing personal :beer: but yeah if you were a tool and acted as one I would let you know ;-)

Bradford's car is nothing like what started this debat, 98 cobra 20 psi and race gas making 603 rwhp vs 4V cobra 10 psi, 93 octane making 500+. 10 psi and race gas...big difference between that and 10 psi with 93. Like I said I know and have raced with Brian and that's why I went FI, so why would I call BS. Also I belive stroked or whatever his handle is also talked about a 98 saleen = 98 GT motor with 10 psi making 537 rwhp. Whatever that dyno said doesn't mean jack. There's no way a 98 GT motor is going to make 537 true rwhp with 10 psi (stock motor).

My other point 10 psi on the gauge is 10 psi. If you take off the cooler and now see 13 psi, well that's 13 psi not 10 psi. I used to run a cooler, took it off and dropped .15 and picked up 3 mph in the 1/8.

I only mentioned my ported heads because that is the only HP making mod done to my long block, so my car compared to a 100% stock long block isn't too far of a push.

As for the 13 psi car making 450, well that's a big swing from 10 psi making 500 ;-) with stock cams you're probably not going to make power over 6500, without race gas and timing or methanol and timing. A pump gas tune is going to flat line at 6500 unless you're trying to pop your motor.

LACR is that Lancaster? I was stationed at Edward's in the late 90's, but wasn't in the stang scene, Jeep's & 4x4ing was my life then.

Have a :beer: on me :D

J's98Snake

Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
No disrespect Rev Happy but obviously you never met Jake, but I would like to see it. I'm pretty sure he would say it to your face. Good luck in the Iron Man Jake.

Thanks doggie, training is going good. Since I started running 50ish miles and riding 100+ a week I dropped down to 208. I don't think I get any lighter, but I feel a lot better running at 208 vs 216 and my knee's are loving the lighter weight. I still have 11 months before the race, I hope I don't get burned out by then.

How's your training coming for Raven school? A buddie of mine is one out of S. Carolina and he's flying in and out of some pretty hot LZ all the time. He loves it though :beer: and has made a ton of solid connection with some AFSOC guys and the blackwater PSD's running OPS in the box.

Rev Happy

Established Member
J's98Snake said:
Well I'm glad you didn't get your panties in a wad over the tool comment, it's the internet nothing personal :beer: but yeah if you were a tool and acted as one I would let you know ;-)

Bradford's car is nothing like what started this debat, 98 cobra 20 psi and race gas making 603 rwhp vs 4V cobra 10 psi, 93 octane making 500+. 10 psi and race gas...big difference between that and 10 psi with 93. Like I said I know and have raced with Brian and that's why I went FI, so why would I call BS. Also I belive stroked or whatever his handle is also talked about a 98 saleen = 98 GT motor with 10 psi making 537 rwhp. Whatever that dyno said doesn't mean jack. There's no way a 98 GT motor is going to make 537 true rwhp with 10 psi (stock motor).

My other point 10 psi on the gauge is 10 psi. If you take off the cooler and now see 13 psi, well that's 13 psi not 10 psi. I used to run a cooler, took it off and dropped .15 and picked up 3 mph in the 1/8.

I only mentioned my ported heads because that is the only HP making mod done to my long block, so my car compared to a 100% stock long block isn't too far of a push.

As for the 13 psi car making 450, well that's a big swing from 10 psi making 500 ;-) with stock cams you're probably not going to make power over 6500, without race gas and timing or methanol and timing. A pump gas tune is going to flat line at 6500 unless you're trying to pop your motor.

LACR is that Lancaster? I was stationed at Edward's in the late 90's, but wasn't in the stang scene, Jeep's & 4x4ing was my life then.

Have a :beer: on me :D

Well I can see we have different views and opinions and this thread could go 10 pages + w/ us going back and forth trying to prove each other wrong... But like you said, this is just the internet... and I'm sure we have better things to do then to sit here an argue...:kaboom:

LACR is actually in Palmdale off the 14 freeway... But Lancaster is not far from it...

STOKED is actually a cool kat so try not to take anything personal...

I'm out... :beer:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
See, peace in the family. I'm about to go run again. That is why I hit the gym all these years so I didn't have to run.....from nobody but I guess that has changed now. HOLLA

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Dont sweat Jake and MG both of thier cars are slow freddy your shit sucks also...bow down to the 01!!!!!!

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Just clowning btw da nanner is a force to be reckoned with so is freddy's as for you MG your slower than a retard doing calculus

J's98Snake

Established Member
Dano by Feb I'll be running 9's, you better bring the big pills :rockon:

Rev Happy, I don't even know what you and I didn't agree on :shrug: I was just calling BS on stroked or whatever his handle is saying 10 psi and 500 rwhp on a stock motor are the norm.

Don't worry I don't take anything personal...excpet banging Dano's girl ;-)

Last edited:

J's98Snake

Established Member
Holy snike...who's this Broke guy? I heard he got worked a few times by some import :poke: I guess I can't talk ani sish since you spanked me every time out, but I'm going to give you another shot real soon :beer:

On a serious note, it sound's like the EVO will be back in Pcola real soon. Do you feel like making a road trip in Jan :thumbsup:

JHolla :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread