Hellion twins and stalling

Established Member
I appreciate your help I'm just done arguing with the wife about it we're going to trade it in on that explorer in a couple hours

ajpturbo

Established Member
Oxygen sensors need moved up, plain and simple.

I can't believe how many of these threads there are. I can't believe this has been giving people problems for so long. I just got on here a few weeks ago to see if people were fighting the same things I was when Is, was tuning mine.

Some body tell SCT we need o2 transport delay tables.

That way you could fix the tune properly with out having to force open loop under certain conditions to stop the bogging/stalling. It could be tuned rather than patched....Or move the o2's to better match the stock time of flight for the exhaust gas when compared to a stock exhaust..

O4 sleeper has some of my pics maybe he can post. The downpipes are off the car but you can get the idea...o2's just need to be in the engine compartment

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Here's the pics of what ajpturbo did.

12312129753_7725d504a7_z.jpg

12311972515_b0d26d8f53_c.jpg

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I relocated mine yesterday. Seemed to help but I still get a dip to about 600 rpm after letting off throttle (like when coming to a stop) but it recovers much quicker. Idle is much stronger as well. Datalogs look better and the car runs smoother. Now the bad...it still stalled on me twice today. I may not have in the o2's far enough in stream or something or it could be my tune is off. Going to let it go for a couple days and see if it gets better with driving. All in all definitely worth the relocation.

O2 relocation by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

Torchy

Established Member
I relocated mine yesterday. Seemed to help but I still get a dip to about 600 rpm after letting off throttle (like when coming to a stop) but it recovers much quicker. Idle is much stronger as well. Datalogs look better and the car runs smoother. Now the bad...it still stalled on me twice today. I may not have in the o2's far enough in stream or something or it could be my tune is off. Going to let it go for a couple days and see if it gets better with driving. All in all definitely worth the relocation.

O2 relocation by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

Glad to hear you're getting stuff sorted out. I can say mine idles good and ever since my last tune revision it hasn't died on me. That was about 4 moths ago and I DD. Mine are still in stock location and it's a 13 sooo idk if that makes a difference. We needed about 8-10 revisions to get drivability dialed in.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Glad to see you guys getting that issue taken care of. Now only if i had time to flow my turbos because i think i have one of the cars that pumps alot of oil. Either that or check/reroute my drain lines. Getting smoke even with the pills in. Hellion said i might need the next size.

Last edited:

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Thanks guys. It's been almost a year of fighting this and about 5 revisions on a JMS dyno tune(only 6 months with them). I'm on the 0.42 pills and mine smokes also. Smokes whitish out of the tailpipes after turning the car off. Has kind of a oily smell too. Doesn't matter because the car will still run like a raped ape.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Thanks guys. It's been almost a year of fighting this and about 5 revisions on a JMS dyno tune(only 6 months with them). I'm on the 0.42 pills and mine smokes also. Smokes whitish out of the tailpipes after turning the car off. Has kind of a oily smell too. Doesn't matter because the car will still run like a raped ape.

My Evo I had with upgrades would lay down james bond smoke screen under boost lol. I hope I can get a solid tune and the right amount of oil feed so I can roll strong!

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Well guys, after going back to my tuner, and have him revise the tune and tweak, and work his magic... i can say that the car idles normal (rpms don't drop anymore), and the surge i had when coming up to a stop has also been fixed/addressed. I didn't move the 02 sensors... but if the issue ever comes back, that's most likely what i will be doing.

Torchy

Established Member

That's where I started. Ended up at 35's

CSG

Established Member
I restricted mine down to the minimum flow rate spec and it still smoked a bit but it did improve a lot.

Torchy

Established Member
I restricted mine down to the minimum flow rate spec and it still smoked a bit but it did improve a lot.

If ya don't mind me asking, how many ounces did it flow in 30 secs when hot?

Users who are viewing this thread