Hellion twins and stalling

CSG

Established Member
How long do you guys feel is an appropriate amount time for a vender to get a revised tune to you? Deal is that they sent the base tune. I logged and sent it back early Monday. I have heard nothing yet. I need the next tune to log and send back and at least one more time do it all again. At this rate it will be a month before I can drive the car...

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
How long do you guys feel is an appropriate amount time for a vender to get a revised tune to you? Deal is that they sent the base tune. I logged and sent it back early Monday. I have heard nothing yet. I need the next tune to log and send back and at least one more time do it all again. At this rate it will be a month before I can drive the car...

Dead giveaway. LOL!!!

stretchb

Established Member

put 50 miles on mine last night and it is doing well. (with the new custom modifications)

stretchb

Established Member

put 50 miles on mine last night and it is doing well. (with the new custom modifications)

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Specs on the car? I only stall occasionally and it still hunts at idle about 50% of the time. Are you also getting low gas mileage? JMS is getting me close on the tune and I have yet to get up there and have them take a really good look at it. Soon I hope.

Blown is Better

Established Member
2011 gt 6m
Hellion twins w/ vortech bap and ID1000's
RST twin disc clutch
9.5 to 1 Aluminator
Gas mileage is only off by about 1-2 mpg's from stock, but motor only has 3,000 miles on it.
I'm seeing idle hunting probably 70% of the time and stalling a couple times a week. Car is driven daily.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Did you guys get the idle hunt and stalling figured out? I'm having the same issue :(

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Not sure if he ever got it sorted but He bought a Whipple and took the TT off. Serious. LOL!!

PM him if he doesn't see this thread.

Last edited:

OveRBoreD

Established Member
It seems all of the ones having issues are the 2011 models. Check your STFT's and see if they are alternating between adding/subtracting 10-30%.

Blown is Better

Established Member
I'll have to check that the next time it acts up. Most the time, it's right after a cold start or putting around in a parking lot (not going over 2k rpms)
Did something change after 2011 computer or sensor wise that would explain why more 2011's are having the problem?

Established Member
I have a 2012 automatic with Whipple 2.9 Been chasing surging idle on cold startup it will die out sometimes in stop and go traffic for over a year now this is the best it's ever bad but it still does occasionally wife doesn't want to drive it no more

CSG

Established Member
Never got mine fixed. Mine was terrible and would stall hot or cold. Like stated look at your STFT. Yours sounds different since the mileage is ok and only stalls occasionally. Hopefully I don't have the same issues with this 2.9 or I'll just get a C7.

Established Member
I could deal with the cold start surging but not knowing if its going to die out or not when I'm coming to a stop I'm done with this car trading this in and my other Mustang for a Explorer Sport I don't know how many revisions I've lost count

CPRsm

Have you tried a different tuner? The problem you're having probably isn't the same as theirs

Last edited:

Established Member
Crazy as it sounds the wife doesn't want to start this all over again

CPRsm

No, doesn't sound crazy. Send me a PM. Idk if I can help or not but if the car is mechanically sound it won't take 60 revisions

Users who are viewing this thread