Hellion twins and stalling

D.T.R

Established Member
initially i did have the stalling issue, but my tuner figured it out and i no longer have this issue. We didn't change anything mechanically ... it was all tuning.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
initially i did have the stalling issue, but my tuner figured it out and i no longer have this issue. We didn't change anything mechanically ... it was all tuning.
I tuned out most of it too, but it's not all in the tuning.

How could urist not want you to tell anyone the fix? Is he trying to make money off of it?
No. That's not it at all. I'm not sure he wants to help out the competition on his findings.

That is up to him weather or not he want to share that or not. Most likely he will share it anyway. It just won't come from me until he gives the go ahead.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
let me guess... buy the kit and see.?

Not at all. John doesn't work that way. Just an FYI, if everyone is honest here, there have been hundreds of cars with idle, surging problems... from turbo's, to twin turbo's, to centrifugal blowers, to roots TVS, to twin screw (lysholm) blowers, etc. There just happens to be HUNDREDS of ((TWIN TURBO)) hellion kits on the street, and we are having a discussion about a few of them. ;-)

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
How could urist not want you to tell anyone the fix? Is he trying to make money off of it?

Not at all slamd. Trust me. It's a slight tuning change and a 50 dollar part. He doesn't sell the tune, or the part. I am just happy that I bought a twin kit from Hellion, because of the unrelenting customer support to adjust and evolve. Just like JPC, DUSTIN (CPR), and a few others. Gotta give it up!

Last edited:

quadpipes

With this idle hunting, are any of you getting a missing sound. I was told that it was the injectors, but I switch from the 80lb to the 95lb ones for other reason. I still get the missing sound, and a bit of hunting. I am still working with BBR on this.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I had some surging/idle issues initially but like many have reported, it was all in the tune. We adjusted the transport delay and that seemed to take care of most of it and the rest was just minor tweaks in the tune. My car is running and driving like stock and if I keep my foot out of it, you'd never know it had turbos under the hood.

cam303

Established Member
So what was the answer on this. If I buy a new hellion kit will this fix be included or is it some mystery I will have to figure out?

HELLION TURBO

So what was the answer on this. If I buy a new hellion kit will this fix be included or is it some mystery I will have to figure out?

Hello. Every complete Hellion system comes with everything needed for installation, including full support for tuning. That includes any changes that need to be made on a vehicle specific basis. Every system is outfitted with the latest updates to keep current with the ever increasing power levels.

If you have any questions please message us or call us at 505-873-4670.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Hellion provides badass customer support. All you need to do is call them and Jeff/John will go to whatever means necessary to provide you with any assistance you need. I'm a tough customer to please and they have exceeded my expectations

Torchy

Established Member
Sup Jeff! Welcome aboard. It's your homie in Vegas;)

Quad pipes, I get the occasional/random put put sound at idle too. I assume its normal.

CSG

Established Member
So what is the super secret fix that has been brought up that Hellion has found to fix the problems with stalling? We have been told that parts are needed other than tune changes. Hellion tuning support has been involved with cars that still stall...

Users who are viewing this thread