Hellion twins and stalling

Mach828

Established Member
Spent the past 15 minutes reading through this thread hoping to learn something new.....once the magic fixs gets discovered, those who have it want to keep it under lock and key. Isn't the purpose of a forum tech question to share knowledge and help each other out?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I don't think it's a magic fix or anything. Mine was fixed in the tune. Depending on who tuned the car, you might want to talk to them. Hellion also sent me a couple shims for the BOV springs so I could fine tune them at idle/part throttle.

Nuar

Established Member
I don't think it's a magic fix or anything. Mine was fixed in the tune. Depending on who tuned the car, you might want to talk to them. Hellion also sent me a couple shims for the BOV springs so I could fine tune them at idle/part throttle.
So again, whose tune are you running. As in who do we talk to about the fix/trick to get the cars to run well?

D.T.R

Established Member
There is not secret. The issue is either in the tune, or you can look at it as the tune can fix this issue.
I got my car tuned by 2 different people at this point, both were able to make the stalling issue dissapear by simplying tuning the car. I never changed or modified any of the hardware included with the kit.

CSG

Established Member
For whatever reason it seems to be the earlier cars that have the bad stall issues. I don't personally know of any 13/14's that have not been fixed with a tune.

BUCKET

Established Member
I have one tune that stalls once in a blue moon, load the other tune right after and it will stall at every stop..........

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Ya, what Jim said.

I hesitate(d) to say who tuned it because at this point, I'm not satisfied with how the car performs and runs at part throttle/idle/wot and I would not recommend him to anyone with a coyote. At this point, it has been over 5 weeks since he started tuning my car and it still has some major issues that he hasn't been able to fix. I'm trying to be patient and all but at this point, I'm not very optimistic he'll be able to get the car 100%. I guess we'll see.

I think it might have a lot to do with the Hellion kit on a Manual Car, and not so much HPTuners Software thats still in delopment and Erics tuning skills.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Tune it with your SCT PRP untill HPTuner Matures as Im sure it will. I know my car was the first Single Turbo kit coyote I'v tuned, but its never...ever stalled. I think alot of your problems are Hellion induced.

Nuar

Established Member
Damn man, thanks for your honesty on the tune. I would be beyond frustrated in your position. I hope you get it all straightened out...and soon. I can't imagine dropping all that cash on the badass setup to be held up by some bs tuning issues.
Your patience will be rewarded with a beast of a car in the end though!

D.T.R

Established Member
My car doesn't stall. I wouldn't put up with that. That issue was fixed long ago. My maf signal is gorgeous, as good or better than stock.

The biggest issues are a) no DFCO. Car 'auto drives' when letting off the gas b) no boost in 2 step. Makes about 1.5lbs after holding 2 step for 3-4 seconds. I think I have the fix for that though c) no transitional fueling. I have to either baby it (stay at -4" or lower) or go wot, there is no in between or it surges/cant decide what fueling it wants to useI don't think any of those are kit related. They are 100% in the tune.

My previous tune did this.... and it was highly annoying. Sometimes you want to give it a small amount of gas to pass a car on the HWY and it would buckle. It was either WOT or light throttle. My new tune from JPC does not do this and I can't be thankful enough lol. I can do a partial pull at 30, 40, 50, etc percent throttle without issues.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
My previous tune did this.... and it was highly annoying. Sometimes you want to give it a small amount of gas to pass a car on the HWY and it would buckle. It was either WOT or light throttle. My new tune from JPC does not do this and I can't be thankful enough lol. I can do a partial pull at 30, 40, 50, etc percent throttle without issues.

Sounds like we have a similar tune... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread